Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: HPUX-Datastage
Operating Systems HP-UX HPUX-Datastage Post 302748937 by roopeshvp on Thursday 27th of December 2012 05:46:22 AM
Old 12-27-2012
HPUX-Datastage

Hi All,
I am new to datastage just managing to modify packages with my prior knowledge in ETL tools like DTS and SSIS.
Now have ran in to a connectivity issue between datastage and unidata DB.
Software environment-
Datastage 7.5.2 running on windows server accessing unidata 7 on HP UX machine.

I am able to connect to my unidata DB on the PROD HP UX server.
But when i change the connection to the TEST HP UX server the connection fails with the error
'ds_udtopen()unable to execute file select 30105 UDT error'
'ds.udtopen GCI $udtopen error 24'
The user ID i use to connect has access to Unidata in HP UX TEST box and i can connect to it from my unix emulator. But it fails from datastage.
Can you pleas tell what could the possible problem, are there any configuration of this user account that i need to do between datastage and unidata?

Thanks in advance!!
Roopesh

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

dsjob command to execute DataStage jobs

Hi Friends, I am using a dsjob command in a unix script to invoke DataStage jobs. DataStage server jobs (version 7.5.2) The command looks like thisL: $DSBinPath/dsjob -server :$SERVER_PORTID -run -mode NORMAL -jobstatus -param INPUT_GCDB_DIR=$InputFilePath -param... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sureshg_sampat
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

invoke windows datastage dsjob from unix

hello, i have a windows server with datastage. In another machine, unix machine, i have a shell script that need to invoke the datastage dsjob. Can anyone help me? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: anaconga
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

can we use routines of datastage in unix script

Hi all, My aim is to get the log details of datastage job using unix scipt. we know that DSjob are used to get the log details from datastage universe through the adminstrator.can we call that DSjob rountine in our unix script. Thanks in advance Regards, NimmyRaju:) (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nimmyraju
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Script to Use CPUs on a HPUX server to simulate Workload Manager on HPUX.

I am running HPUX and using WLM (workload manager). I want to write a script to fork CPUs to basically take CPUs from other servers to show that the communication is working and CPU licensing is working. Basically, I want to build a script that will use up CPU on a server. Any ideas? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cpolikowsky
2 Replies

5. UNIX and Linux Applications

Datastage TX

hi,does anybody familiar with datastage tx.? added your particular question: I have to modify a map to drop a timestamp from the filename variable and pass that value down to the transform/validation maps. thanks,, Edit/Delete Message (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sonja
1 Replies

6. HP-UX

pwage-hpux-T for Trusted HPUX servers

I'm sharing this in case anybody needs it. Modified from the original solaris pwage script. This modified hpux script will check /etc/password file on hpux trusted systems search /tcb and grep the required u_succhg field. Calculate days to expiry and notify users via email. original solaris... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sparcguy
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

passing parameters from a script to a datastage job

We have a requirement as follows. We have created a datastage job that will be doing the select operation from table (select query from a table). The datastage job is being invoked by a unix shell script(ksh). We are passing the "table name (STUD_DETAILS)" and a "where clause condition... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kmanivan82
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Datastage Installation Problem

HI, I am trying to install IBM infosphere Datastage on my machine. which is # uname -a Linux "hostname" 2.6.18-238.el5 #1 SMP Sun Dec 19 14:22:44 EST 2010 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux AS per the IBM DOC, we need to install the WAS (Websphere Administration Server ) and then proceed... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: amarn48
4 Replies

9. AIX

Which tool is best tfor practicing Datastage?

I am new to unix. I started learning unix. Where can we practice unix commands. Is there any free online tools are available? or Is there any free software ? (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: lucky20
14 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to compile a Datastage Job using Execute Command Stage or Routines in Datastage 11?

I am trying to compile the datastage jobs using the Execute Command stage in datastage 11 or any Routines if possible. My datastage is on Unix machine. So, How can I Compile a datastage job in UNIX from command line or any Routines. Please help me in doing so. Thank you. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: elena jessi
1 Replies
clock(1m)																 clock(1m)

NAME
clock - A dcecp object that manages the clock on a local or remote host SYNOPSIS
clock compare [dts_entity] [-server dts_entity] clock help [operation | -verbose] clock operations clock set [dts_entity] {-to DTS_timestamp [-abruptly -epoch epoch_number | -bypass] | -epoch epoch_number} clock show [dts_entity] [-dtsd | -inetd | -dced] clock synchronize [dts_entity] [-dtsd [-abruptly] | -inetd | -dced] ARGUMENTS
Identifies the dtsd server or clerk to act on. With the -server option in the compare operation, dts_entity can identify a DTS time provider. When used without the -dced or -initd options, dts_entity can be either of the following: The name of a dtsd server, which can be on a remote host, in the format: /.../cellname/hosts/hostname/dts-entity A string binding for the remote host on which the dtsd is running, such as: ncacn_ip_tcp:130.105.1.227 Alternatively you can specify the binding in Tcl format, such as: {ncacn_ip_tcp 130.105.1.227} When used with the -dced or -inetd options, dts_entity identifies the server by a simple host name in the form hostname. The name of the clock operation for which to display help information. DESCRIPTION
The clock object represents the clock on a system and the time that it tells. This object has commands to display and set the time. The time setting functionality is provided by DTS, unless you specify either the -dced or -inetd option. The optional argument to the clock command is the name of a DCE Version 1.1 dtsd running on some machine. Without an argument, the _s(dts) convenience variable is checked. If this variable is not set, the command operates on the clock on the local machine. Use the -epoch option to change only the epoch number of the dtsd. OPERATIONS
clock compare Returns the difference between the clocks on the local machine and a DTS server in the cell. The syntax is as follows: clock compare [dts_entity] [-server dts_entity] Options Optionally names a specific DTS server against which to compare the host clock. See ARGUMENTS for the format of the dts_entity argument. The compare operation returns the difference between the clocks on the local machine and a DTS server in the cell. If a server is not specified, the command picks the last responding server returned by dts catalog. An optional argument compares a remote host's clock against a DTS server. An optional -server option compares the clock against a specific DTS server. The DTS server that responds to this operation may be communicating directly with an external time provider. If so, the provider attribute returned by this operation will be set to yes. Privileges Required You must have r (read) permission on /.:/hosts/hostname/dts-entity to execute the command. Examples dcecp> clock compare {server /.:/gumby/hosts/oddball/dts_entity} {provider no} {skew -0-00:00:00.020I-----} dcecp> dcecp> clock compare -server /.:/hosts/santafe/dts-entity {server /.:/hosts/santafe/dts-entity} {provider yes} {skew -0-00:00:00.292I1.431} dcecp> clock help Returns help information about the clock object and its operations. The syntax is as follows: clock help [operation | -verbose] Options Displays information about the clock object. Used without an argument or option, the clock help command returns brief information about each clock operation. The optional operation argument is the name of an operation about which you want detailed information. Alternatively, you can use the -verbose option for more detailed information about the clock object itself. Privileges Required No special privileges are needed to use the clock help command. Examples dcecp> clock help compare Returns the difference between the local clock and a server. set Sets the system clock to the specified time. show Returns the current time as a DTS style timestamp. synchronize Synchronizes the local clock with the specified server. help Prints a summary of command-line options. operations Returns a list of the valid operations for this command. dcecp> clock operations Returns a list of the operations supported by the clock object. The syntax is as follows: clock operations The list of available operations is in alphabetical order except for help and operations, which are listed last. Privileges Required No special privileges are needed to use the clock operations command. Examples dcecp> clock operations compare set show synchronize help operations dcecp> clock set Sets the clock to the specified time. The syntax is as follows: clock set [dts_entity] {-to DTS_timestamp [-abruptly -epoch epoch_number | -bypass] | -epoch epoch_number} Options This option specifies a DTS timestamp as the time to which to set the clock. You can specify the time in the ISO-compliant time format, as follows: CCYY-MM-DD-hh:mm:ss.fff Specifies to set the clock abruptly rather than gradually adjust it to the computed time. Sets the system clock to the specified time without using DTS. Specifies an epoch_number that matches the epochs of servers with which the local clock synchronizes. The set operation sets the local clock to the specified time. An optional argument sets the clock on a remote host. The -to option speci- fies a DTS timestamp as the time to which to set the clock. If you do not specify the -abruptly option, DTS adjusts the clock gradually to the specified time. The -abruptly option changes to the specified time, without gradual adjustments. If you specify the -abruptly option, you must also specify the -epoch option to indicate a new epoch. You can also use the -epoch option without specifying a time to pull the specified dts_entity out of synchronization. The -bypass option causes DTS to be ignored and sets the system clock directly. This opera- tion returns an empty string on success. Note that setting your system clock is a dangerous operation. If your machine is not synchronized with other machines in the cell, other DCE services, especially CDS, do not operate correctly. See the OSF DCE Administration Guide for more information about DTS. Privileges Required You must have w (write) permission on the clock object (/.:/hosts/hostname/dts-entity) if using DTS to set the time, otherwise no special privileges are required. Examples dcecp> clock set -to 1994-07-15-16:27:28.000-04:00 -abruptly -epoch 1 dcecp> dcecp> clock set -epoch 5 dcecp> clock show Returns a DTS-style timestamp including the time differential factor (TDF). The syntax is as follows: clock show [dts_entity] [-dtsd | -inetd | -dced] Options Use dced services instead of DTS to report the time. Use inetd socket connections instead of DTS to report the time. Use DTS ser- vices to report the time (default). The show operation returns a DTS-style timestamp with the TDF indicated. Use the dts_entity argument to specify a remote host on which to show the clock. Two options let you specify that the time should be returned without using DTS services: The -dced option specifies that dced services should be used instead of DTS services The -inetd option specifies that inetd socket connections should be used instead of DTS Privileges Required You must have r (read) permission on the clock object (/.:/hosts/hostname/dts-entity) if using DTS to show the time, otherwise no special privileges are required. Examples dcecp> clock show 1994-07-15-16:28:02.229+00:00I----- dcecp> dcecp> clock show oddball -dced 1994-07-16-17:29:05.321+00:00I----- dcecp> clock synchronize Causes dtsd to synchronize with a server. The syntax is as follows: clock synchronize [dts_entity] [-dtsd [-abruptly] | -inetd | -dced] Options Causes the clock to be set abruptly rather than gradually adjusted to the computed time. Use dced services instead of DTS as the time source. Use inetd socket connections instead of DTS as the time source. Use DTS services as the time source. The synchronize operation causes the local dtsd to synchronize the local clock gradually with the cell time from DTS servers. The -abruptly option changes to the specified time immediately, without gradual adjustments. By default, the time is retrieved from DTS. If the -dced option is specified, the time is retrieved from dced services. If the -inetd option is specified, the time is retrieved from inetd socket connections. The optional dts_entry argument synchronizes the clock on the named remote host. This operation returns an empty string on success. Privileges Required You must have w (write) permission on the clock object (/.:/hosts/hostname/dts-entity) if using DTS to synchronize the time, otherwise no special privileges are required. Examples dcecp> clock synchronize dcecp> RELATED INFORMATION
Commands: dcecp(1m), dcecp_dts(1m), dcecp_utc(1m), dtsd(1m). clock(1m)