Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Solaris x64
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris x64 Post 302748615 by jim mcnamara on Wednesday 26th of December 2012 11:29:20 AM
Old 12-26-2012
Simply download openSolaris 10.

Oracle Solaris 10 Downloads

It says
Code:
Solaris 8/11(x86)

which is the last update for Solaris 10. It is 64 bit.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

does AIX run on x86 or x64?

wondering if there are any opportunities to learning AIX on regular hardware :) thanks, manny (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: mr_manny
11 Replies

2. Solaris

Solaris 10 on SPARC & x64/x86 hardware requirements

Hi folks Doing practice certification questions but the answers to this question appear different everywhere I look? Is it also seems to be dependent on the S10 update version using at the moment in the market place? If the book was written over year back, then I suppose the hardware... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: angusyoung
4 Replies

3. Solaris

iscsi device on solaris 10 (x64)

Hello! I have several disks discovered using iscsi protocol. There disks are represented in OS like c2txd0 . logs: Is it possible to change drive path, for example, from c2t6d0 to c2t7d0? It's important for me because I have to install oracle RAC on RAW devices. NIck (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: skelet
0 Replies

4. Solaris

Sun Solaris Enterprise E250 x64 Help

Hi everybody, my name is Giulia and for me is the fist time in this forum, i hope write in the correct section for my problem. I have a sun solaris server e250 enterprise with sun 5 versionof O.S. Now i wont format all and install new version of solaris, but i don't know the actual corrent... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: giulia79
7 Replies

5. Programming

Help building and using a shared object (x64)

Hello, I am not that experienced with Linux, and I am currently facing some issues. The application I'm working on uses hundreds of threads. To optimize the memory usage, I am putting all my data inside a shared object (so). The steps for this are as follows: 1. a C file (generated... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: Maelstrom
17 Replies

6. Linux

Memory issue on My CentOS 5.8 x64 bit server

Hello, I am using CentOS 5.8 x64 server for our one of internal application which is developed on PHP and Mysql as DB. Currently there are 8-10 instances deployed on this server some of them are rarely used. Below is the H/W specification fort the same :- Procesor :- Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunnysthakur
6 Replies

7. Red Hat

Trying to install glibc-common 686 on a x64 system

Hi, I hoping someone can help me. I am running a 64 bit RH 6.5 Server, and have to install glibc.686 for a Symantec package I need to install. A prerequisite for glibc.686 is glibc-common. I'm trying to install this manually, as it's not on our local repository, but when I try, I get the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: badoshi
1 Replies

8. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

[Windows 7 x64] Find FFMPEG location ?

So, I have ffmpeg already installed on my machine, however I can't for the life of me figure out *where* Expanding the %path% variable shows: no ffmpeg there Not in the Usual "Programs" Folder, or C: either. Any way to find out where on my machine ffmpeg resides ? Thanks in advance: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pasc
2 Replies
zsync(1)							   File Transfer							  zsync(1)

NAME
zsync - Partial/differential file download client over HTTP SYNTAX
zsync [ -u url ] [ -i inputfile ] [ -o outputfile ] [ { -s | -q } ] [ -k file.zsync ] [ -A hostname=username:password ] { filename | url } zsync -V DESCRIPTION
Downloads a file over HTTP. zsync uses a control file to determine whether any blocks in the file are already known to the downloader, and only downloads the new blocks. Either a filename or a URL can be given on the command line - this is the path of the control file for the download, which normally has the name of the actual file to downlaod with .zsync appended. (To create this .zsync file you have to have a copy of the target file, so this file should be generated by the person providing the download). zsync downloads to your current directory. It looks for any file in the directory of the same name as the file to download. If it finds one, it assumes that this is an earlier or incomplete version of the new file to download, and scans this file for any blocks that it can use to build the target file. (It also looks for a file of the same name with .part appended, so it will automatically find previously interrupted zsync downloads and reuse the data already downloaded. If you know that the local file to use as input has a different name, you must use -i) zsync retrieves the rest of the target file over HTTP. Once the download is finished, the old version (if the new file wants the same name) is moved aside (a .zs-old extension is appended). The modification time of the file is set to be the same as the remote source file (if specified in the .zsync). OPTIONS
-A hostname=username:password Specifies a username and password to be used with the given hostname. -A can be used multiple times (with different hostnames), in cases where e.g. the .zsync file is on a different server from the download, or there are multiple download servers (there could be different auth details for different servers - and zsync never assumes that your password should be sent to a server other than the one named - otherwise redirects would be dangerous!). -i inputfile Specifies (extra) input files. inputfile is scanned to identify blocks in common with the target file and zsync uses any blocks found. Can be used multiple times. -k file.zsync Indicates that zsync should save the zsync file that it downloads, with the given filename. If that file already exists, then zsync will make a conditional request to the web server, such that it will only download it again if the server's copy is newer. zsync will append .part to the filename for storing it while it is downloading, and will only overwrite the main file once the download is done - and if the download is interrupted, it will resume using the data in the .part file. -o outputfile Override the default output file name. -q Suppress the progress bar, download rate and ETA display. -s Deprecated synonym for -q. -u url This specifies the referring URL. If you have a .zsync file locally (if you downloaded it separately, with wget, say) and the .zsync file contains a relative URL, you need to specify where you got the .zsync file from so that zsync knows which server and path to use for the rest of the download (this is analogous to adding a <base href="..."> to a downloaded web page to make the links work). -V Prints the version of zsync. FILES
ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
http_proxy Should be the [http://]hostname:port for your web proxy, if one is required to access the target web server(s). EXAMPLES
zsync -i /var/lib/apt/lists/server.debian.org_debian_dists_etch_main_binary-i386_Packages http://zsync.moria.org.uk/s/etch/Packages.zsync AUTHORS
Colin Phipps <cph@moria.org.uk> SEE ALSO
zsyncmake(1) Colin Phipps 0.6.2 zsync(1)