Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Solaris x64
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris x64 Post 302748615 by jim mcnamara on Wednesday 26th of December 2012 11:29:20 AM
Old 12-26-2012
Simply download openSolaris 10.

Oracle Solaris 10 Downloads

It says
Code:
Solaris 8/11(x86)

which is the last update for Solaris 10. It is 64 bit.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

does AIX run on x86 or x64?

wondering if there are any opportunities to learning AIX on regular hardware :) thanks, manny (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: mr_manny
11 Replies

2. Solaris

Solaris 10 on SPARC & x64/x86 hardware requirements

Hi folks Doing practice certification questions but the answers to this question appear different everywhere I look? Is it also seems to be dependent on the S10 update version using at the moment in the market place? If the book was written over year back, then I suppose the hardware... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: angusyoung
4 Replies

3. Solaris

iscsi device on solaris 10 (x64)

Hello! I have several disks discovered using iscsi protocol. There disks are represented in OS like c2txd0 . logs: Is it possible to change drive path, for example, from c2t6d0 to c2t7d0? It's important for me because I have to install oracle RAC on RAW devices. NIck (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: skelet
0 Replies

4. Solaris

Sun Solaris Enterprise E250 x64 Help

Hi everybody, my name is Giulia and for me is the fist time in this forum, i hope write in the correct section for my problem. I have a sun solaris server e250 enterprise with sun 5 versionof O.S. Now i wont format all and install new version of solaris, but i don't know the actual corrent... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: giulia79
7 Replies

5. Programming

Help building and using a shared object (x64)

Hello, I am not that experienced with Linux, and I am currently facing some issues. The application I'm working on uses hundreds of threads. To optimize the memory usage, I am putting all my data inside a shared object (so). The steps for this are as follows: 1. a C file (generated... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: Maelstrom
17 Replies

6. Linux

Memory issue on My CentOS 5.8 x64 bit server

Hello, I am using CentOS 5.8 x64 server for our one of internal application which is developed on PHP and Mysql as DB. Currently there are 8-10 instances deployed on this server some of them are rarely used. Below is the H/W specification fort the same :- Procesor :- Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunnysthakur
6 Replies

7. Red Hat

Trying to install glibc-common 686 on a x64 system

Hi, I hoping someone can help me. I am running a 64 bit RH 6.5 Server, and have to install glibc.686 for a Symantec package I need to install. A prerequisite for glibc.686 is glibc-common. I'm trying to install this manually, as it's not on our local repository, but when I try, I get the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: badoshi
1 Replies

8. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

[Windows 7 x64] Find FFMPEG location ?

So, I have ffmpeg already installed on my machine, however I can't for the life of me figure out *where* Expanding the %path% variable shows: no ffmpeg there Not in the Usual "Programs" Folder, or C: either. Any way to find out where on my machine ffmpeg resides ? Thanks in advance: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pasc
2 Replies
MAKE-JPKG(1)						      General Commands Manual						      MAKE-JPKG(1)

NAME
make-jpkg - builds Debian packages from Java binary distributions SYNOPSIS
make-jpkg [OPTION]... [FILE] DESCRIPTION
make-jpkg builds a Debian package from the given Java distribution FILE. Supported java binary distributions currently include: * Oracle (http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads) : - The J2SE Development Kit (JDK), version 6 (update >= 10), 7 - The J2SE Runtime Environment (JRE), version 6 (update >= 10), 7 - The J2SE API Javadoc, version 6 (update >= 10), 7 (Choose tar.gz archives or self-extracting archives, do _not_ choose the RPM!) The following options are recognized: --full-name NAME full name used in the maintainer field of the package --email EMAIL email address used in the maintainer field of the package --changes create a .changes file --revision add debian revision --help display help text and exit --version output version information and exit Download a supported Java RE or SDK or API tar.gz or self-extracting archive from http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads and execute make-jpkg file with the downloaded file. The program asks the user for additional information and builds a Debian binary pack- age in the current directory. The program requires about 200 MB free disk space in a temporary directory. The temporary directory defaults to /tmp but you can specify an alternate directory by setting the environment variable TMPDIR. EXAMPLE
To install Oracle(TM) 7 Standard Edition JDK, download a release - 64 bits version of update 2 from http://www.oracle.com/technet- work/java/javase/downloads/jdk-7u2-download-1377129.html in this example - and invoke make-jpkg: make-jpkg <path_to_download_directory>/jdk-7u2-linux-x64.tar.gz This generate a Debian package in the current directory, that can be installed using dpkg: dpkg -i oracle-j2sdk1.7_1.7.0+update2_amd64.deb When you're done, you can delete initial download as well as generated package: rm <path_to_download_directory>/jdk-7u2-linux-x64.tar.gz oracle-j2sdk1.7_1.7.0+update2_amd64.deb ENVIRONMENT
TMPDIR base directory used for temporary files (defaults to /tmp) J2SE_PACKAGE_FULL_NAME full name used in the maintainer field of the package; if none is supplied then the default of "Debian Java Maintainers" is used. J2SE_PACKAGE_EMAIL email address used in the maintainer field of the package; if none is supplied the default of "pkg-java-maintain- ers@lists.alioth.debian.org" is used. SEE ALSO
update-java-alternatives(1) AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Hubert Schmid <j2se-package@z42.de>. It is now maintained by the Debian Java Maintainers <pkg-java-maintainers@lists.alioth.debian.org>. January 22, 2012 MAKE-JPKG(1)