Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Go to a line of code , skip few lines of code Post 302748411 by Yoda on Tuesday 25th of December 2012 11:07:32 PM
Old 12-26-2012
There are 2 options:

1. Call a function that runs sleep command
Code:
sleep_func()
{
  sleep 34
}
if [ logic ]
then
 sleep_func
fi

2. Call sleep inside the if condition itself:-
Code:
if [ logic ]
then
 sleep 34
fi

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Skip new line

Hi, how can I skip the new line of echo? In SH!!!! echo "the date is :" date and result I want is the date is : Tue Oct 11 22:24:37 WEST 2005 I've already tried including the \c inside the echo, but it didn't work. Thanks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pmpx
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

skip reading certain lines in a file

How can I exclude reading lines in a file that contains the following: filesystem:/home/pach/liv_patches 128005120 88456640 37270758 71% /home/patches That is, all lines that contain and begins with filesystem: should not be processed/read from a file (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: paulsew
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to skip lines in a KSH?

hi, I have a shell script that searches for a particular pattern in all the files inside a directory, and gives the count of that pattern occurences in a file. Now i should not count the pattern if it exists in side a { .... }, as shown below. { ...... ..... .... PATTERN1.......... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: divak
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to skip lines which don't begin with a number

Hi, I have a file: file.txt 1 word 2 word word word 3 word 4 word and I would like to create a set: set number = `cut -d" " -f1 ${1}` #${1} is the text file but it should only contain the lines which begin with numbers, and another set which contains the lines which begin with... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: shira
10 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk - skip x lines and ssh

Im trying to ssh to a remote machine to grep 'x info' *.log and Im able to get the grep output as expected but "after" the policies (1st 14 lines) - I need to skip the first 14 lines. Its SunOS. Plz help??? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anthonyraj75
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk: skip x lines and ssh

Im trying to ssh to a remote machine to grep 'x info' *.log and Im able to get the grep output as expected but "after" the policies (1st 14 lines) - I need to skip the first 14 lines. Its SunOS. Plz help??? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: anthonyraj75
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help line 35: syntax error: unexpected end of file only 34 lines of code

I am not sure what I am doing wrong here, I did some research and only confused myself further. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I need to make this work for work tomorrow. There are only 34 lines of code in this script, yet its complaining about line 35 Here is the code: ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: BkontheShell718
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

skip lines while reading a file

Hi Experts, I am tryin to read a file and while doing so i need to skip the lines which start with a hash (#) char. I thought of using a goto command but a lot of guys on this site say its not the good way to program. Moreover I am using a ksh shell which deos not support goto command. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bankimmehta
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Skip first and last line

Hi All I have a sample file like below: 012312112 1372422843 1236712 1372422843 1275127 3109301010 from which I wan't to: 1.)delete... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: swasid
10 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk - Skip x Number of Lines in Counter

Hello, I am new to AWK and in UNIX in general. I am hoping you can help me out here. Here is my data: root@ubuntu:~# cat circuits.list WORD1 AA BB CC DD Active ISP1 ISP NAME1 XX-XXXXXX1 WORD1 AA BB CC (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: tattoostreet
9 Replies
IRSEND(1)							   User Commands							 IRSEND(1)

NAME
irsend - basic LIRC program to send infra-red commands SYNOPSIS
irsend [options] DIRECTIVE REMOTE CODE [CODE...] DESCRIPTION
Asks the lircd daemon to send one or more CIR (Consumer Infra-Red) commands. This is intended for remote control of electronic devices such as TV boxes, HiFi sets, etc. DIRECTIVE can be: SEND_ONCE - send CODE [CODE ...] once SEND_START - start repeating CODE SEND_STOP - stop repeating CODE LIST - list configured remote items SET_TRANSMITTERS - set transmitters NUM [NUM ...] SIMULATE - simulate IR event REMOTE is the name of a remote, as described in the lircd configuration file. CODE is the name of a remote control key of REMOTE, as it appears in the lircd configuration file. NUM is the transmitter number of the hardware device. For the LIST DIRECTIVE, REMOTE and/or CODE can be empty: LIST "" "" - list all configured remote names LIST REMOTE "" - list all codes of REMOTE LIST REMOTE CODE - list only CODE of REMOTE The SIMULATE command only works if it has been explicitly enabled in lircd. -h --help display usage summary -v --version display version -d --device use given lircd socket [/var/run/lirc/lircd] -a --address=host[:port] connect to lircd at this address -# --count=n send command n times EXAMPLES
irsend LIST DenonTuner "" irsend SEND_ONCE DenonTuner PROG-SCAN irsend SEND_ONCE OnkyoAmpli VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP irsend SEND_START OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN ; sleep 3 irsend SEND_STOP OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 3 4 irsend SIMULATE "0000000000000476 00 OK TECHNISAT_ST3004S" FILES
/etc/lirc/lircd.conf Default lircd configuration file. It should contain all the remotes, their infra-red codes and the corresponding timing and wave- form details. DIAGNOSTICS
If lircd is not running (or /var/run/lirc/lircd lacks write permissions) irsend aborts with the following diagnostics: "irsend: could not connect to socket" "irsend: Connection refused" (or "Permission denied"). SEE ALSO
The documentation for lirc is maintained as html pages. They are located under html/ in the documentation directory. lircd(8), mode2(1), smode2(1), xmode2(1), irrecord(1), irw(1), http://www.lirc.org. irsend 0.9.0-pre1 October 2010 IRSEND(1)