Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to change passwords for User accounts on multiple UNIX/Linux machines remotely? Post 302748185 by jim mcnamara on Monday 24th of December 2012 01:16:08 PM
Old 12-24-2012
cjcox made a great suggestion - openldap. You maintain users in one place, the ldap server.
This User Gave Thanks to jim mcnamara For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Urgent !!! - Script to Change passwords in unix

I have SunOs 5.8. I need to change password using a unix shell script. I have tried to pipe the passwords to the passwd command but does not work. Pls provide a script to change passwds of a list of users using a shell script. ( I have also tried crypt() but did not work) The flow of the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tofani
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need a Shell script to create Multiple User Accounts

Hi All, Am New to shell scripting , Can u please Help me to Create a shell script which Creates Multiple Users (say up to 250 users) ,am using Rehat server 5 enterprise Edition .. I am really in need of this script So tat i can save time and effort for this Job .. KIndly help me Please ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rksubash
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

single user mode - user accounts passwords

hello ppl, someone must be able to help with this --> I have an old NCR tower 32 with an ADDS terminal running a unix version 020102 (Im not sure if thats correct but its unix for sure). I have no user names and no passwords and need to login to read a tape. Is there any way to do that? I hear... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: orestis
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Difference between : Locked User Account & Disabled User Accounts in Linux ?

Thanks AVKlinux (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: avklinux
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to change passwords for the same user on multiple servers

I am trying to write a script to change passwords for the same user on multiple servers. My environment runs purely ssh / scp not rsh / rcp and therefore coping using rcp is not an option. I have been playing with expect to perform tasks but think there must be a better way. Has anyone got... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: stolz
7 Replies

6. Red Hat

Change password of linux servers remotely

Hi, I am very bad at scripting. I need help from scripting experts... I need to change password of around 100 linux remote servers. I have been given a script for changing the password that automates the task. however I do not understand the usage and meaning of the script, the script is an... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: renuka
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Change user passwords using shell script

Hi, I want to change the password of unix users on a number of servers.My plan was to ssh to all the servers in a shell script and use the passwd command. I tried to do so but everytime i run it i get this error. ssh -x -n -l user1 host passwd Changing password for "user1" 3004-709 Error... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: poojabhat
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unable to change domain user passwords

Hi, I'm new to this site, so my apologies if this is posted to the wrong board. I'm the student administrator of a small computer science lab (20 Win 7 PCs) at a university. The logins to the PCs are handled by samba (v. 3.5.8) on a CentOS server (kernel v. 2.6.9-100.ELsmp). Recently I ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kerona
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash for multiple accounts with auto-gen passwords

Hello, I am studying few things on unux and scripting. I need a script to create bulk users in unux. I need some assistance from you for creating 100 or more User IDs using a bash script: Here's my requirements: 1. I need to create 100 or even more user ids of different naming... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Shelldorado
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to change the file at one go on different UNIX machines

Hi Folks , I have a query that is I have a server (unix machhine) to which I login thru winscp or putty , mostly I use putty and at a particular location there is one xml(abc.xml) while which I change , let say 1) I login to first unix box hostname :- ccc74 username ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tuntun27272727
1 Replies
LDAP_ABANDON(3) 					     Library Functions Manual						   LDAP_ABANDON(3)

NAME
ldap_abandon - Abandon an LDAP operation in progress SYNOPSIS
#include <ldap.h> int ldap_abandon(ld, msgid) LDAP *ld; int msgid; DESCRIPTION
The ldap_abandon() routine is used to abandon or cancel an LDAP operation in progress. The msgid passed should be the message id of an outstanding LDAP operation, as returned by ldap_search(3), ldap_modify(3), etc. ldap_abandon() checks to see if the result of the operation has already come in. If it has, it deletes it from the queue of pending mes- sages. If not, it sends an LDAP abandon operation to the the LDAP server. The caller can expect that the result of an abandoned operation will not be returned from a future call to ldap_result(3). ERRORS
ldap_abandon() returns 0 if everything goes ok, -1 otherwise, setting ld_errno appropriately. See ldap_error(3) for details. SEE ALSO
ldap(3), ldap_result(3), ldap_error(3) ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS
OpenLDAP is developed and maintained by The OpenLDAP Project (http://www.openldap.org/). OpenLDAP is derived from University of Michigan LDAP 3.3 Release. OpenLDAP 2.0.27-Release 22 September 1998 LDAP_ABANDON(3)