Sponsored Content
Top Forums Web Development Want to edit a sh file using php code Post 302747951 by sanjay833i on Monday 24th of December 2012 01:44:46 AM
Old 12-24-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corona688
This is not a bug in your program. You genuinely, actually do not have permission to chown and chmod from a webserver because of what your file permissions are. If your webserver doesn't own the files, it can't chmod. And even if it does, you can't chown. Root has to do that.
Can we give permission from root to this file, so we can edit this file using php. we have root access.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Infrastructure Monitoring

snmp,how to edit code generated by mib2c?

Hi, I'm reading net-snmp site, using C language and unix environment, I have manager ( do get/set command), agent and server ... I'm trying to monitor cpu, memory and disk usage and get Ip address of server and send the value back to agent, stored in variable which enable manager to gets the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zainab
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to Edit the file content and create new file

I have a requirement, which is as follows *. Folder contains list of xmls. Script has to create new xml files by copying the existing one and renaming it by appending "_pre.xml" at the end. *. Each file has multiple <Name>fileName</Name> entry. The script has to find the first occurance of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sudesh.ach
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Edit a file

I have file like cp -p /var/adm/ /tmp1/tmp1.log cp -p /var/adm/ /tmp1/tmp2.log cp -p /var/adm/ /tmp1/tmp3.log cp -p /var/adm/ /tmp1/tmp4.log I need to re-write the file like: cp -p /var/adm/tmp1.log /tmp1/ cp -p /var/adm/tmp2.log /tmp1/ cp -p /var/adm/tmp3.log /tmp1/ cp -p... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: h_banka
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

edit file

I have a file containing dates like below 2010 1 02 2010 2 01 2010 3 05 i want the dates to be like below 20100102 20100201 20100305 i tired using awk '{printf "%s%02s%02s",$1,$2,$3}' But it does not work,it puts all the dates in one line,i want them in seperate lines like the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: tomjones
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to Check & Edit Content of a file (Addition of comma in each lines of code)

Hi all, I need to write an automated bash shell script which performs such operations: 1. Grep the header of everyline with the initial of "T" in "FILE_A" 2. Perform a for loop, Count the numbers of comma in the line of code, if (no. of comma < 17) ADD the comma until 17; ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: big_nutz
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Best way to edit a file

looking for a script or command to push out from a centralized machine to multiple machines. I have the software in place that will do this already, but I need to tell it what command to run on each machine with this file. what I need is a script or command to edit a file in a specific manner.... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: skunky
13 Replies

7. Web Development

edit a file with PHP.

Ok here is what I have going on. I am listing the contest of a directory so I can edit and delete files. The code I am using to do that is below (Other then editing as it does not work). <?php $directory = ("enctlfiles/"); $dir = opendir($directory); $files = array(); while (($file =... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: GroveTuckey
10 Replies

8. Programming

Are there any C code r instruction to see where is the creation or last edit for the file

Are there any C or termina instructin code or instruction to see where is the creation or last edit for the file (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fwrlfo
1 Replies

9. Programming

C++ Edit code

Hi guys, I am learning C++ on my own and i wanna redit the code using classes and heritance to revamp the code below. example class for the card attributes -suit , - rank, - face and also class deck to contain shuffle and a class player with the function to setcard and a function handonecard... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ment0smintz
1 Replies
sticky(5)						Standards, Environments, and Macros						 sticky(5)

NAME
sticky - mark files for special treatment DESCRIPTION
The sticky bit (file mode bit 01000, see chmod(2)) is used to indicate special treatment of certain files and directories. A directory for which the sticky bit is set restricts deletion of files it contains. A file in a sticky directory can only be removed or renamed by a user who has write permission on the directory, and either owns the file, owns the directory, has write permission on the file, or is a privi- leged user. Setting the sticky bit is useful for directories such as /tmp, which must be publicly writable but should deny users permission to arbitrarily delete or rename the files of others. If the sticky bit is set on a regular file and no execute bits are set, the system's page cache will not be used to hold the file's data. This bit is normally set on swap files of diskless clients so that accesses to these files do not flush more valuable data from the sys- tem's cache. Moreover, by default such files are treated as swap files, whose inode modification times may not necessarily be correctly recorded on permanent storage. Any user may create a sticky directory. See chmod for details about modifying file modes. SEE ALSO
chmod(1), chmod(2), chown(2), mkdir(2), rename(2), unlink(2) BUGS
The mkdir(2) function will not create a directory with the sticky bit set. SunOS 5.10 1 Aug 2002 sticky(5)