Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Random Crashing
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Random Crashing Post 302747913 by jim mcnamara on Sunday 23rd of December 2012 07:24:52 PM
Old 12-23-2012
It is the NIC card and the TCP protocol stack that are bothering watchdog. I know enough red hat to know I do not know how to diagnose and then remedy the problem.

Start with connectivity: ports, ethernet cables, maybe the NIC card.

If that does not help then assume you misconfigured TCP - start with man ifconfig. I assume since everyone uses that, Red Hat does, too.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

dlclose crashing in 64bit

Hi I have a 64bit C++ dynamic component built using Sun Forte compiler(CC) on one server. I am opening this shared component using dlopen and checking if a particular function is defined or not. After that, when I am closing the component using dlclose, the program is crashing. The... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajphaj
3 Replies

2. Programming

c++ class keeps crashing

i just started learning to prog in c++, im using netbeans. i tryed to make a class and i keep getting this error. what am i doing wrong ? ----------------------------- class test { public: int funtime(); private: int time; }; int test::funtime()... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: akira300
4 Replies

3. Solaris

Solaris 10 crashing

Hi, My system is crashing with following error .. i tried to boot from the network and unencapsulated the root disk from SVM .. but still not able to boot the box , can any one point me to some direction .. i do not want to build the box new as of now just want to troubleshoot if possible.. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugitive
3 Replies

4. Red Hat

Fedora 11 crashing help

Using Fedora 11, just about every day the system started crashing. Becomes unresponsive to keyboard/mouse, nothing appears on screen but box is still running. Still responds to ping, arp address stays alive in the firewall, other than that its unresponsive Where can I look to find out... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ippy98
1 Replies

5. Ubuntu

expect script for random password and random commands

Hi I am new to expect. Please if any one can help on my issue its really appreciable. here is my issue: I want expect script for random passwords and random commands generation. please can anyone help me? Many Thanks in advance (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vanid
0 Replies

6. Programming

Why this C program is crashing?

Hi, Why I am getting 'SIGSEGV' in the following code? char* p="abcde"; printf("%s", 3); // Segmentation Fault (core dump) Kindly help me to understand what exactly makes the program to crash or the reason for the crashing. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
7 Replies

7. Web Development

MySQL Server Crashing need Help

Hi, we have some problem with mysql high cpu , would like some help with MySQL Tuning here are the mysqltuner & tuning-primer details mysqltuner: # mysqltuner >> MySQLTuner 1.1.1 - Major Hayden <major@mhtx.net> >> Run with '--help' for additional options and output filtering --------... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cataplexy
1 Replies

8. UNIX and Linux Applications

Firefox crashing

Firefox keeps on crashing every time I try to run it. I tried to create a new profile with no luck. When I try to open up the profile manager firefox crashes. I even deleted my profile folder and tried to start with a new profile. That did not work either. I don't know what the problem could be. I... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to generate a file with random data. /dev/[u]random doesn't exist.

Need to use dd to generate a large file from a sample file of random data. This is because I don't have /dev/urandom. I create a named pipe then: dd if=mynamed.fifo do=myfile.fifo bs=1024 count=1024 but when I cat a file to the fifo that's 1024 random bytes: cat randomfile.txt >... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Devyn
7 Replies
GETTABLE(8)						      System Manager's Manual						       GETTABLE(8)

NAME
gettable - get NIC format host tables from a host SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/gettable [ -v ] host [ outfile ] DESCRIPTION
Gettable is a simple program used to obtain the NIC standard host tables from a ``nicname'' server. The indicated host is queried for the tables. The tables, if retrieved, are placed in the file outfile or by default, hosts.txt. The -v option will get just the version number instead of the complete host table and put the output in the file outfile or by default, hosts.ver. Gettable operates by opening a TCP connection to the port indicated in the service specification for ``nicname''. A request is then made for ``ALL'' names and the resultant information is placed in the output file. Gettable is best used in conjunction with the htable(8) program which converts the NIC standard file format to that used by the network library lookup routines. SEE ALSO
intro(3N), htable(8), named(8) BUGS
If the name-domain system provided network name mapping well as host name mapping, gettable would no longer be needed. 4.2 Berkeley Distribution November 17, 1996 GETTABLE(8)