Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Random Crashing
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Random Crashing Post 302747869 by spinner0205 on Sunday 23rd of December 2012 12:49:18 PM
Old 12-23-2012
Well if it helps at all the crashes are random, and happen every 3-4 days at most. Sometimes it can take a week or more.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

dlclose crashing in 64bit

Hi I have a 64bit C++ dynamic component built using Sun Forte compiler(CC) on one server. I am opening this shared component using dlopen and checking if a particular function is defined or not. After that, when I am closing the component using dlclose, the program is crashing. The... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajphaj
3 Replies

2. Programming

c++ class keeps crashing

i just started learning to prog in c++, im using netbeans. i tryed to make a class and i keep getting this error. what am i doing wrong ? ----------------------------- class test { public: int funtime(); private: int time; }; int test::funtime()... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: akira300
4 Replies

3. Solaris

Solaris 10 crashing

Hi, My system is crashing with following error .. i tried to boot from the network and unencapsulated the root disk from SVM .. but still not able to boot the box , can any one point me to some direction .. i do not want to build the box new as of now just want to troubleshoot if possible.. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugitive
3 Replies

4. Red Hat

Fedora 11 crashing help

Using Fedora 11, just about every day the system started crashing. Becomes unresponsive to keyboard/mouse, nothing appears on screen but box is still running. Still responds to ping, arp address stays alive in the firewall, other than that its unresponsive Where can I look to find out... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ippy98
1 Replies

5. Ubuntu

expect script for random password and random commands

Hi I am new to expect. Please if any one can help on my issue its really appreciable. here is my issue: I want expect script for random passwords and random commands generation. please can anyone help me? Many Thanks in advance (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vanid
0 Replies

6. Programming

Why this C program is crashing?

Hi, Why I am getting 'SIGSEGV' in the following code? char* p="abcde"; printf("%s", 3); // Segmentation Fault (core dump) Kindly help me to understand what exactly makes the program to crash or the reason for the crashing. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
7 Replies

7. Web Development

MySQL Server Crashing need Help

Hi, we have some problem with mysql high cpu , would like some help with MySQL Tuning here are the mysqltuner & tuning-primer details mysqltuner: # mysqltuner >> MySQLTuner 1.1.1 - Major Hayden <major@mhtx.net> >> Run with '--help' for additional options and output filtering --------... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cataplexy
1 Replies

8. UNIX and Linux Applications

Firefox crashing

Firefox keeps on crashing every time I try to run it. I tried to create a new profile with no luck. When I try to open up the profile manager firefox crashes. I even deleted my profile folder and tried to start with a new profile. That did not work either. I don't know what the problem could be. I... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to generate a file with random data. /dev/[u]random doesn't exist.

Need to use dd to generate a large file from a sample file of random data. This is because I don't have /dev/urandom. I create a named pipe then: dd if=mynamed.fifo do=myfile.fifo bs=1024 count=1024 but when I cat a file to the fifo that's 1024 random bytes: cat randomfile.txt >... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Devyn
7 Replies
TIMETRANS(1p)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					     TIMETRANS(1p)

NAME
timetrans - Converts time into time SYNOPSIS
timetrans [units-options] [-count] DESCRIPTION
timetrans converts time from one type of unit to another. If any of the units options are specified, then timetrans will convert those time units into the number of seconds to which they add up. If given the count option, timetrans will convert that number of seconds into the appropriate number of weeks, days, hours, minutes, and seconds. The converted result is printed out. Units options cannot be specified in the same execution as the count option, and vice versa. timetrans is intended for use with DNSSEC-Tools, for calculating a zone's expiration time. OPTIONS
Units Options The converted value of each unit is totaled and a single result printed. -seconds seconds Count of seconds to convert to seconds. -minutes minutes Count of minutes to convert to seconds. -hours hours Count of hours to convert to seconds. -days days Count of days to convert to seconds. -weeks weeks Count of weeks to convert to seconds. Count Option The specified seconds count is converted to the appropriate number of weeks, days, hours, minutes, and seconds. -count seconds Count of seconds to convert to the appropriate set of units. Other Options timetrans has the following miscellaneous options. -Version Displays the version information for timetrans and the DNSSEC-Tools package. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Converting 5 days into seconds $(42)> timetrans -days 5 432000 Example 2: Converting 2 weeks into seconds $(43)> timetrans -w 2 1209600 Example 3: Converting 8 days and 8 hours into seconds $(44)> timetrans -d 8 -hours 8 720000 Example 4: Converting 1 week, 1 day, and 8 hours into seconds $(46)> timetrans -w 1 -days 1 -h 8 720000 Example 5: Converting 14 weeks, 4 days, 21 hours, 8 minutes, and 8 seconds into seconds $(47)> timetrans -w 14 -d 4 -h 21 -m 8 -s 8 8888888 Example 6: Converting 720000 seconds into time units $(48)> timetrans -c 720000 1 week, 1 day, 8 hours Example 7: Converting 1814421 seconds into time units $(49)> timetrans -c 1814421 3 weeks, 21 seconds Example 8: Converting 8888888 seconds into time units $(50)> timetrans -c 8888888 14 weeks, 4 days, 21 hours, 8 minutes, 8 seconds COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2004-2012 SPARTA, Inc. All rights reserved. See the COPYING file included with the DNSSEC-Tools package for details. AUTHOR
Wayne Morrison, tewok@tislabs.com SEE ALSO
zonesigner(8) Net::DNS::SEC::Tools::timetrans.pm(3) perl v5.14.2 2012-06-21 TIMETRANS(1p)