Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications Autosys R11.3 : Error on log file size limit Post 302747819 by pradeep84in on Sunday 23rd of December 2012 05:22:32 AM
Old 12-23-2012
Computer Re: Autosys R11.3 : Error on log file size limit

Hi Kimo,

Am new to unix.com forum. After going through your post for "Autosys R11.3 : Error on log file size limit", am having one query can you please specify you are talking about which file.
If you are talking about JOB_NAME.out / JOB_NAME.err files then this files get override in their every attempt of job execution.

If you talking about some other log file please update the file name.

Thanks & Regards,
Pradeep Agarwal

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Limit size of the file

How do I limit size of a file to 1 MB or something like that under Linux? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: _hp_
4 Replies

2. Solaris

File size limit

I want to have a permanent file created - and limit the size that this file can grow.. I want a circular file.. ie max size of file is 10 mb.. and if any new data written to file the oldest data removed.. How can I do this? I am on solaris 9 x86 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: frustrated1
3 Replies

3. AIX

file size limit

Can anybody help me? How to increase file size limit in aix 5.2? I have already specified in /etc/security/limits file : default: fsize = -1 core = 2097151 cpu = -1 data = -1 rss = -1 stack = -1 nofiles = 2000 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vjm
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

File Size Limit

Hi, I have a problem writing or copying a file 2GB or larger to either the second or third disk on my C8000. I've searched this forum and found some good information on this but still nothing to solve the problem. I'm running hpux 11i, JFS3.3 and disk version 4 (from fstyp) on all 3 disks. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: HaidoodFaulkauf
2 Replies

5. Linux

Limit size of log file from syslog

Hi, I'm using Linux 2.6 cross compiled for a embedded powerpc. Earlier we were using busybox syslogd for logging the messages, but as the flexibilty is less, we decided to move to standard syslog. Now I want to limit the size of the log file (/var/log/messages) to 128K. I couldn't find... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jockey007
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Log Size Exceeds Limit

Everytime I try to start Discreet Flame on my Octane2 machine it keeps giving me an error message "initial log size exceeds limit--aborting" Can anyone please help me how to fix this problem. Thanks. Octane2 IRIX64 Release 6.5 Flame 2007 (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dewaraja
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Log Size Exceeds Limit

Everytime I try to start Discreet Flame on my Octane2 machine it keeps giving me an error message "initial log size exceeds limit--aborting" Can anyone please help me how to fix this problem. Thanks. Octane2 IRIX64 Release 6.5 Flame 2007 (0 Replies)
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Log Size Exceeds Limit

Everytime I try to start Discreet Flame on my Octane2 machine it keeps giving me an error message "initial log size exceeds limit--aborting" Can anyone please help me how to fix this problem. Thanks. Octane2 IRIX64 Release 6.5 Flame 2007 (6 Replies)
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

file size limit?

hi, how can I find out what the limit of a file size is on unix? thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: JamesByars
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Limit on a File size.

Hi All, I want to store 32KB of file in Oracle DB into CLOB field. I am not able to insert more than 32KB of file into CLOB. So i want to put a limit on the file size. I am using k shell. My file size will dynamically increase its size, i want to check the file size if it is more than 32KB... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajeshorpu
1 Replies
MUNIN-UPDATE(8) 						Munin Documentation						   MUNIN-UPDATE(8)

NAME
munin-update - A program to gather data from machines running munin-node SYNOPSIS
munin-update [options] Options: --config_file=<file> Use <file> as configuration file. --[no]debug Enable [or disable] debug messages. [--nodebug] --[no]fork Query hosts in parallell (--fork), or sequentially (--nofork). [--fork] --host <host> Limit graphed hosts to <host>. Multiple --host options may be supplied. --service <service> Limit graphed services to <service>. Multiple --service options may be supplied. --timeout=<seconds> TCP timeout when talking to clients. [$timeout] --help View this message. --version View version information. OPTIONS
--config_file=<file> Use <file> as the configuration file. [/etc/munin/munin.conf] --[no]debug If set, log debug messages. [--nodebug] --[no]fork If set, will fork off one process for each host. [--fork] --host <host> Limit fetched data to those from <host<gt>. Multiple --host options may be supplied. [unset] --service <service> Limit fetched data to those of <service>. Multiple --service options may be supplied. [unset] --timeout <seconds> Set the network timeout to <seconds>. [180] --help Print the help message then exit. --version Print version information then exit. DESCRIPTION
Munin-update is a part of the package Munin, which is used in combination with Munin's node. Munin is a group of programs to gather data from Munin's nodes, graph them, create html-pages, and optionally warn Nagios about any off-limit values. Munin-update does the gathering. It is usually only used from within munin-cron. It contacts each host's munin-node in turn, gathers data from it, and stores them in .rrd-files. If necessary, it will create the rrd-files and the directories to store them in. FILES
/etc/munin/munin.conf /var/lib/munin/* /var/log/munin/munin-update /var/run/munin/* BUGS
For a list of bugs concerning munin-update, see FI. ticket report" Please report bugs in the bug tracker at http://munin-monitoring.org/ <http://munin-monitoring.org/>. AUTHORS
The Munin Team. FIX COPYRIGHT
Copyright AX 2002-2009 Jimmy Olsen, Audun Ytterdal, Tore Andersson, Kjell-Magne A~Xierud, Linpro AS, Redpill Linpro AS This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. This program is released under the GNU General Public License. 2.0.6-4+deb7u2 2013-11-12 MUNIN-UPDATE(8)