Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help to reduce time of archiving Post 302747351 by RudiC on Friday 21st of December 2012 06:14:52 AM
Old 12-21-2012
Thanks for the code tags.
If you know it's the 7z archiving taking the most of the time, then there's little chance to reduce the overall time except for playing around with 7z's options/parameters... or replace 7z by another compressing tool.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. BSD

Reduce boot-time delay on FreeBSD?

Say for instance, I would like to reduce the delay/waiting time for the boot-time menu from 10 seconds to 5 seconds, how would I go about doing it? From what I've been able to find, entering "autoboot 5" into the right file would take care of that for me, but the man pages are unclear as to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: DownSouthMoe
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

To reduce execution time

Hi All, The below script I run daily and it consumes 2 hours approx. In this I am calling another script and executing the same twice. Is the loop below the cause for the slow process?Is it possible to finetune the program so that it runs in a much faster way? The first script: #!/bin/ksh... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sreejith_VK
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Archiving by Time

Hi all. I am trying to set up archiving of directories, such that I keep every directory made in the past week, but just one directory per week beyond that. Using the find command, I can easily delete everything more than one week old, but can not figure out how to save one. Each directory... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aefskysa
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Archiving and move files in the same time

Hi All, I have tried so many command but none work like i wanted. I would like archive which i assume it will move the files and archive it somewhere. for example: if i have a folder and files: /home/blah/test /home/blah/hello /home/blah/foo/bar i would like to archive folder... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: c00kie88
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

need inputs on how i can change my script to reduce amount of time the script takes

HI , I have a list1 which consists of data that i have to search and a list2 which has the files that need to be searched .So basically i am using list1 on list2 to see if list1 data is present if found replace it .I have written the code using foreach loop for each list .This is taking the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: madhul2002
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automation script to reduce the installation time

DELETED. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vasuvv
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Archiving or removing few data from log file in real time

Hi, I have a log file that gets updated every second. Currently the size has grown to 20+ GB. I need to have a command/script, that will try to get the actual size of the file and will remove 50% of the data that are in the log file. I don't mind removing the data as the size has grown to huge... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Souvik Patra
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Optimizing script to reduce execution time

AFILENAME=glow.sh FILENAME="/${AFILENAME}" WIDTHA=$(echo ${FILENAME} | wc -c) NTIME=0 RESULTS=$(for eachletter in $(echo ${FILENAME} | fold -w 1) do WIDTHTIMES=$(awk "BEGIN{printf... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to reduce the execution time

We are trying to execute below script for finding out the occurrence of a particular word in a log file Need suggestions to optimize the script. Test.log size - Approx to 500 to 600 MB $wc -l Test.log 16609852 Test.log po_numbers - 11 to 12k po's to search $more po_numbers xxx1335... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: KumarPiyush7225
10 Replies
ncab2clf(1)							   User Commands						       ncab2clf(1)

NAME
ncab2clf - convert binary log file to Common Log File format SYNOPSIS
/usr/bin/ncab2clf [-Dhv] [-i input-file] [-o output-file] [-b size] [-n number] [-s datetime] DESCRIPTION
The ncab2clf command is used to convert the log file generated by the Solaris Network Cache and Accelerator ("NCA") from binary format, to Common Log File ("CLF") format. If no input-file is specified, ncab2clf uses stdin. If no output-file is specified, the output goes to std- out. OPTIONS
-b Specifies the binary-log-file blocking in kilobytes; the default is 64 Kbyte. -D Specifies that direct I/O be disabled. -h Prints usage message. -i input-file Specifies the input file. -n number Output number CLF records. -o output-file Specifies the output file. -s datetime Skip any records before the date and time specified in datetime. You can specify the date and time in CLF format or in the format specified by the touch(1) utility. CLF format is the dominant format, so ncab2clf first analyzes datetime assuming CLF. -v Provides verbose output. EXAMPLES
Example 1 Converting a Binary File to a Common Log File Format The following example converts the binary file /var/nca/logs/nca.blf to a file /var/nca/logs/nca.clf, which is in Common Log File format. example% ncab2clf -D -i /var/nca/logs/nca.blf -o /var/nca/logs/nca.clf Example 2 Converting Multiple Log Files The following script may be used to convert multiple log files. The directory designated by "*" must only contain log files. !/bin/ksh for filename in * do ncab2clf -D < $filename > $filename.clf done Example 3 Using -s and -n on a Raw Device The following example shows how ncab2clf can be used on a raw device. If not using the -n option, the default is to convert all records from the starting location to the end of the file. The date and time specified with -s, below, is in CLF format. example% ncab2clf -s '10/Apr/2001:09:23:13' -n 100 < /dev/dsk/c2t1d0s6 EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 The file converted successfully >0 An error occurred. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWncau | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
nca(1), ncakmod(1), nca.if(4), ncakmod.conf(4), ncalogd.conf(4), attributes(5) System Administration Guide: IP Services NOTES
The binary log files generated by NCA can become very large. When converting these large binary files, use the -b option to the ncab2clf command to help performance. Direct I/O is a benefit to the user if the data being written does not come in as large chunks. However, if the user wishes to convert the log file in large chunks using the -b option, then direct I/O should be disabled by using the -D option. SunOS 5.11 28 Sep 2001 ncab2clf(1)