Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: *log to *.csv in perl
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting *log to *.csv in perl Post 302746957 by rangarasan on Thursday 20th of December 2012 09:24:22 AM
Old 12-20-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by frhling
Thanks for your reply and suggestions.
when I run the script, I get:
Code:
Spreadsheet/WriteExcel.pm did not return a true value at 12.pl line 11.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at 12.pl line 11.

and in dir which I run my scripts Ihave also:
- ActivePerl-5.16.1.1601-x86_64-linux-glibc-2.3.5-296175
- Spreadsheet-ParseExcel-0.2602
- Spreadsheet-WriteExcel-2.38
I dont know why still I get the Error.

Could you please help me out in n underestanding way? Smilie
Code:
WriteExcel.pm module should end with '1;'. In fact, Each and every perl modules should be end with an positive value.

Cheers,
RangaSmilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl - extracting data from .csv files

PROJECT: Extracting data from an employee timesheet. The timesheets are done in excel (for user ease) and then converted to .csv files that look like this (see color code key below): ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, 9/14/2003,<-- Week Ending,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Craig Brennan,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kregh99
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

CSV File parse help in Perl

Folks, I have a bit of an issue trying to obtain some data from a csv file using PERL. I can sort the file and remove any duplicates leaving only 4 or 5 rows containing data. My problem is that the data contained in the original file contains a lot more columns and when I try ro run this script... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: lodey
13 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Compare 2 csv files in perl

need to compare 2 csv files and report should containg number of matching lines,different lines ,missing lines in one file using perl. I dont want to use read line by line and scan thru the second file for matching line ,as this logic was so time consuming .Any ideas.i need the soultion badly .... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kittu1979
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to compare csv files using perl

I need to compare 2 csv files and report should containg number of matching lines,different lines ,missing lines in one file using perl. I dont want to use read line by line and scan thru the second file for matching line ,as this logic was so time consuming .Can other ideas .please respond asap... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kittu1979
2 Replies

5. Programming

split xlsx to csv using perl

Hi, I am new to perl. I want to split excel 2007 file to csv. every formula should be evaluated on each field. Plz help me (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: malikshahid85
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl search csv fileA where two strings exist on another csv fileB

Hi I have two csv files, with the following formats: FileA.log: Application, This occured blah Application, That occured blah Application, Also this AnotherLog, Bob did this AnotherLog, Dave did that FileB.log: Uk, London, Application, datetime, LaterDateTime, Today it had'nt... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: PerlNewbRP
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl: module to convert xlsx to csv

Is there any perl module to convert .xlsx file(excel sheet 2007) to a csv file. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: giridhar276
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

TEXT to CSV using Perl

Hi Folks Need some help with this and my Perl isnt the hottest I also have text::csv installed on my perl install The large text with a few million entries is in a format below example text file Fig Leafs Cake No: 0000001 Author: King s. Record No: 995-34343-232-232... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: messiah1
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sorting the csv file in Perl

Hi All How all are doing today. Just struck in an issue in Perl I have a csv file which contain 32 column, I want to make sorting in that csv file with respect to 26th column. Is it possible to do so without any module being added? Regards Aditya ---------- Post updated at 10:02 AM... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: adisky123
11 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to read a csv and create xml - Perl

I have a csv file like below. john,r2,testdomain1,john.r2@hex.com,DOMAINADMIN,testdomain1.dom maxwell,b2, testdomain1,maxwell.b2@hex.com,DOMAINADMIN,testdomain1.dom I would need the perl script to read the above csv and create an xml like below. <Users> ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Tuxidow
1 Replies
Spreadsheet::WriteExcel::Chart::Bar(3pm)		User Contributed Perl Documentation		  Spreadsheet::WriteExcel::Chart::Bar(3pm)

NAME
Bar - A writer class for Excel Bar charts. SYNOPSIS
To create a simple Excel file with a Bar chart using Spreadsheet::WriteExcel: #!/usr/bin/perl -w use strict; use Spreadsheet::WriteExcel; my $workbook = Spreadsheet::WriteExcel->new( 'chart.xls' ); my $worksheet = $workbook->add_worksheet(); my $chart = $workbook->add_chart( type => 'bar' ); # Configure the chart. $chart->add_series( categories => '=Sheet1!$A$2:$A$7', values => '=Sheet1!$B$2:$B$7', ); # Add the worksheet data the chart refers to. my $data = [ [ 'Category', 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ], [ 'Value', 1, 4, 5, 2, 1, 5 ], ]; $worksheet->write( 'A1', $data ); __END__ DESCRIPTION
This module implements Bar charts for Spreadsheet::WriteExcel. The chart object is created via the Workbook "add_chart()" method: my $chart = $workbook->add_chart( type => 'bar' ); Once the object is created it can be configured via the following methods that are common to all chart classes: $chart->add_series(); $chart->set_x_axis(); $chart->set_y_axis(); $chart->set_title(); These methods are explained in detail in Spreadsheet::WriteExcel::Chart. Class specific methods or settings, if any, are explained below. Bar Chart Methods There aren't currently any bar chart specific methods. See the TODO section of Spreadsheet::WriteExcel::Chart. EXAMPLE
Here is a complete example that demonstrates most of the available features when creating a chart. #!/usr/bin/perl -w use strict; use Spreadsheet::WriteExcel; my $workbook = Spreadsheet::WriteExcel->new( 'chart_bar.xls' ); my $worksheet = $workbook->add_worksheet(); my $bold = $workbook->add_format( bold => 1 ); # Add the worksheet data that the charts will refer to. my $headings = [ 'Number', 'Sample 1', 'Sample 2' ]; my $data = [ [ 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ], [ 1, 4, 5, 2, 1, 5 ], [ 3, 6, 7, 5, 4, 3 ], ]; $worksheet->write( 'A1', $headings, $bold ); $worksheet->write( 'A2', $data ); # Create a new chart object. In this case an embedded chart. my $chart = $workbook->add_chart( type => 'bar', embedded => 1 ); # Configure the first series. (Sample 1) $chart->add_series( name => 'Sample 1', categories => '=Sheet1!$A$2:$A$7', values => '=Sheet1!$B$2:$B$7', ); # Configure the second series. (Sample 2) $chart->add_series( name => 'Sample 2', categories => '=Sheet1!$A$2:$A$7', values => '=Sheet1!$C$2:$C$7', ); # Add a chart title and some axis labels. $chart->set_title ( name => 'Results of sample analysis' ); $chart->set_x_axis( name => 'Test number' ); $chart->set_y_axis( name => 'Sample length (cm)' ); # Insert the chart into the worksheet (with an offset). $worksheet->insert_chart( 'D2', $chart, 25, 10 ); __END__ AUTHOR
John McNamara jmcnamara@cpan.org COPYRIGHT
Copyright MM-MMX, John McNamara. All Rights Reserved. This module is free software. It may be used, redistributed and/or modified under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.10.1 2010-02-02 Spreadsheet::WriteExcel::Chart::Bar(3pm)