Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting XML - Split And Extract String between Chars Post 302746283 by unme on Wednesday 19th of December 2012 04:43:08 AM
Old 12-19-2012
Thanks a lot its working fine

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed to extract first two uppercase chars in targeted lines

Hello, I have a file temp.txt: ------------------------- HELLO WORLD This is a temp file. TENCHARSHEre no beginning UPPERCHARS HI There ------------------------- What is a sed egrep command that will target lines that begin with 3-10 uppercase chars, and output the first 2 chars?... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: str8danked
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split text in all chars

Hello, I need a shell script to split a text to all chars. The text is: Hello World But i need it: H e l l o W o r l d (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: WSyS
7 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Remove Unicode/special chars from XML

Hi, We are receiving an XML file in Unix which has some special characters between tags like '^' etc <Tag> 1e^O7f%<2304e.$d8f57e8^Bf-&e.^Zh7/327e^O7 </Tag> We need to remove all special characters like ^ ones and also any '&' or '<' or '>' being sent within the start and close tags i.e.... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsrookie7
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract string from XML

Hi, I wish to grep for the first instance of <listen-address> value between the first <server></server> tag in an xml file. Sample xml: ......... <timeout-seconds>1500</timeout-seconds> </jta> <server> <name>Adminserver_DEV</name> ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract a particular xml only from an xml jar file

Hi..need help on how to extract a particular xml file only from an xml jar file... thanks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: qwerty000
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

To extract a string between two words in XML file

i need to extract the string between two tags, input file is <PersonInfoShipTo AddressID="446311709" AddressLine1="" AddressLine2="" AddressLine3="" AddressLine4="" AddressLine5="" AddressLine6="" AlternateEmailID="" Beeper="" City="" Company="" Country="" DayFaxNo="" DayPhone="" Department=""... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Padmanabhan
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract strings from XML files and create a new XML

Hello everybody, I have a double mission with some XML files, which is pretty challenging for my actual beginner UNIX knowledge. I need to extract some strings from multiple XML files and create a new XML file with the searched strings.. The original XML files contain the source code for... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: milano.churchil
12 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split xml file into multiple xml based on letterID

Hi All, We need to split a large xml into multiple valid xml with same header(2lines) and footer(last line) for N number of letterId. In the example below we have first 2 lines as header and last line as footer.(They need to be in each split xml file) Header: <?xml version="1.0"... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vx04
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can I extract XML block around matching search string?

I want to extract XML block surrounding search string Ex: print XML block for string "myapp1-ear" surrounded by "<application> .. </application>" Input XML: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <deployment-request> <requestor> <first-name>kchinnam</first-name> ... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: kchinnam
16 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Shell script to split data with a delimiter having chars and special chars

Hi Team, I have a file a1.txt with data as follows. dfjakjf...asdfkasj</EnableQuotedIDs><SQL><SelectStatement modified='1' type='string'><! The delimiter string: <SelectStatement modified='1' type='string'><! dlm="<SelectStatement modified='1' type='string'><! The above command is... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kmanivan82
7 Replies
split(3tcl)						       Tcl Built-In Commands						       split(3tcl)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
split - Split a string into a proper Tcl list SYNOPSIS
split string ?splitChars? _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
Returns a list created by splitting string at each character that is in the splitChars argument. Each element of the result list will con- sist of the characters from string that lie between instances of the characters in splitChars. Empty list elements will be generated if string contains adjacent characters in splitChars, or if the first or last character of string is in splitChars. If splitChars is an empty string then each character of string becomes a separate element of the result list. SplitChars defaults to the standard white-space char- acters. EXAMPLES
Divide up a USENET group name into its hierarchical components: split "comp.lang.tcl.announce" . -> comp lang tcl announce See how the split command splits on every character in splitChars, which can result in information loss if you are not careful: split "alpha beta gamma" "temp" -> al {ha b} {} {a ga} {} a Extract the list words from a string that is not a well-formed list: split "Example with {unbalanced brace character" -> Example with {unbalanced brace character Split a string into its constituent characters split "Hello world" {} -> H e l l o { } w o r l d PARSING RECORD-ORIENTED FILES Parse a Unix /etc/passwd file, which consists of one entry per line, with each line consisting of a colon-separated list of fields: ## Read the file set fid [open /etc/passwd] set content [read $fid] close $fid ## Split into records on newlines set records [split $content " "] ## Iterate over the records foreach rec $records { ## Split into fields on colons set fields [split $rec ":"] ## Assign fields to variables and print some out... lassign $fields userName password uid grp longName homeDir shell puts "$longName uses [file tail $shell] for a login shell" } SEE ALSO
join(3tcl), list(3tcl), string(3tcl) KEYWORDS
list, split, string Tcl split(3tcl)