Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting XML - Split And Extract String between Chars Post 302746283 by unme on Wednesday 19th of December 2012 04:43:08 AM
Old 12-19-2012
Thanks a lot its working fine

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed to extract first two uppercase chars in targeted lines

Hello, I have a file temp.txt: ------------------------- HELLO WORLD This is a temp file. TENCHARSHEre no beginning UPPERCHARS HI There ------------------------- What is a sed egrep command that will target lines that begin with 3-10 uppercase chars, and output the first 2 chars?... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: str8danked
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split text in all chars

Hello, I need a shell script to split a text to all chars. The text is: Hello World But i need it: H e l l o W o r l d (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: WSyS
7 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Remove Unicode/special chars from XML

Hi, We are receiving an XML file in Unix which has some special characters between tags like '^' etc <Tag> 1e^O7f%<2304e.$d8f57e8^Bf-&e.^Zh7/327e^O7 </Tag> We need to remove all special characters like ^ ones and also any '&' or '<' or '>' being sent within the start and close tags i.e.... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsrookie7
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract string from XML

Hi, I wish to grep for the first instance of <listen-address> value between the first <server></server> tag in an xml file. Sample xml: ......... <timeout-seconds>1500</timeout-seconds> </jta> <server> <name>Adminserver_DEV</name> ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract a particular xml only from an xml jar file

Hi..need help on how to extract a particular xml file only from an xml jar file... thanks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: qwerty000
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

To extract a string between two words in XML file

i need to extract the string between two tags, input file is <PersonInfoShipTo AddressID="446311709" AddressLine1="" AddressLine2="" AddressLine3="" AddressLine4="" AddressLine5="" AddressLine6="" AlternateEmailID="" Beeper="" City="" Company="" Country="" DayFaxNo="" DayPhone="" Department=""... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Padmanabhan
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract strings from XML files and create a new XML

Hello everybody, I have a double mission with some XML files, which is pretty challenging for my actual beginner UNIX knowledge. I need to extract some strings from multiple XML files and create a new XML file with the searched strings.. The original XML files contain the source code for... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: milano.churchil
12 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split xml file into multiple xml based on letterID

Hi All, We need to split a large xml into multiple valid xml with same header(2lines) and footer(last line) for N number of letterId. In the example below we have first 2 lines as header and last line as footer.(They need to be in each split xml file) Header: <?xml version="1.0"... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vx04
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can I extract XML block around matching search string?

I want to extract XML block surrounding search string Ex: print XML block for string "myapp1-ear" surrounded by "<application> .. </application>" Input XML: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <deployment-request> <requestor> <first-name>kchinnam</first-name> ... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: kchinnam
16 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Shell script to split data with a delimiter having chars and special chars

Hi Team, I have a file a1.txt with data as follows. dfjakjf...asdfkasj</EnableQuotedIDs><SQL><SelectStatement modified='1' type='string'><! The delimiter string: <SelectStatement modified='1' type='string'><! dlm="<SelectStatement modified='1' type='string'><! The above command is... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kmanivan82
7 Replies
FS_CLEANACL(1)						       AFS Command Reference						    FS_CLEANACL(1)

NAME
fs_cleanacl - Remove obsolete entries from an ACL SYNOPSIS
fs cleanacl [-path <dir/file path>+] [-help] fs cl [-p <dir/file path>+] [-h] DESCRIPTION
The fs cleanacl command removes from the access control list (ACL) of each specified directory or file any entry that refers to a user or group that no longer has a Protection Database entry. Such an entry appears on the ACL as an AFS user ID number (UID) rather than a name, because without a Protection Database entry, the File Server cannot translate the UID into a name. Cleaning access control lists in this way not only keeps them from becoming crowded with irrelevant information, but also prevents the new possessor of a recycled AFS UID from obtaining access intended for the former possessor of the AFS UID. (Note that recycling UIDs is not recommended in any case.) OPTIONS
-path <dir/file path>+ Names each directory for which to clean the ACL (specifying a filename cleans its directory's ACL). If this argument is omitted, the current working directory's ACL is cleaned. Specify the read/write path to each directory, to avoid the failure that results from attempting to change a read-only volume. By convention, the read/write path is indicated by placing a period before the cell name at the pathname's second level (for example, /afs/.abc.com). For further discussion of the concept of read/write and read-only paths through the filespace, see the fs mkmount reference page. -help Prints the online help for this command. All other valid options are ignored. OUTPUT
If there are no obsolete entries on the ACL, the following message appears: Access list for <path> is fine. Otherwise, the output reports the resulting state of the ACL, following the header Access list for <path> is now At the same time, the following error message appears for each file in the cleaned directories: fs: '<filename>': Not a directory EXAMPLES
The following example illustrates the cleaning of the ACLs on the current working directory and two of its subdirectories. Only the second subdirectory had obsolete entries on it. % fs cleanacl -path . ./reports ./sources Access list for . is fine. Access list for ./reports is fine. Access list for ./sources is now Normal rights: system:authuser rl pat rlidwka PRIVILEGE REQUIRED
The issuer must have the "a" (administer) permission on each directory's ACL (or the ACL of each file's parent directory); the directory's owner and the members of the system:administrators group have the right implicitly, even if it does not appear on the ACL. SEE ALSO
fs_listacl(1), fs_mkmount(1) COPYRIGHT
IBM Corporation 2000. <http://www.ibm.com/> All Rights Reserved. This documentation is covered by the IBM Public License Version 1.0. It was converted from HTML to POD by software written by Chas Williams and Russ Allbery, based on work by Alf Wachsmann and Elizabeth Cassell. OpenAFS 2012-03-26 FS_CLEANACL(1)