Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting [Solved] If doesn't evaluate the first test Post 302746073 by Chubler_XL on Tuesday 18th of December 2012 05:58:36 PM
Old 12-18-2012
So, is the output your getting:
Code:
Yes Yes
done

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Test on string containing spacewhile test 1 -eq 1 do read a $a if test $a = quitC then break fi d

This is the code: while test 1 -eq 1 do read a $a if test $a = stop then break fi done I read a command on every loop an execute it. I check if the string equals the word stop to end the loop,but it say that I gave too many arguments to test. For example echo hello. Now the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Max89
1 Replies

2. Programming

Kernel module - How to test if file doesn't exist

Hey, I'm currently getting into some kernel module progamming. As a little exercise I want to read the headers out of an ELF file. My code is very simple, here is the important part: struct file *fp; /* ... */ fp = filp_open("some/file/on/my/pc", O_RDONLY, 0); if(fp == NULL) { ... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: disaster
15 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Bash test 2 variables to see if ones greater by n

Experts, I have a bash shell script that generates 2 variables that have the current minute and a minute from a log file. Can someone please show me the best way to test if the minutes stray by 5. So basically if: This is ok: Last Fitting Min ============= 02 Current Minute =============... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaysunn
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Value of variable is NULL, but test doesn't seem to recognize

Hello, Unix-forums! My problem: read -p "Enter any number, please" number sleep 1 echo $number | tr -d 0-9 test -z $number && echo "Thank you" || echo "This is not a number"Test always displays "This is not a number". It doesn't matter if I entered a or 1. But if I order echo... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: intelinside
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] BASH - chaining TEST and COMMAND with && and II

Can you explain what this line of script is doing. What I have understood is : -- variable C is the name of a software which is either not installed, so it must be installed or allready installed and then should be update if newer version found -- branch B="$B $C" is to install the software --... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcdole
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Script doesn't work..help?

hi, i am trying to run this script.the name of script is final.sh after i run it: #./final.sh & i grep the command # ps -a | grep bash and i see more then one processes runing 3!! Please use code tags how can i solve this problem? my target script must always run in... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: zigizag
8 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Solved]Can anyone tell me why -H flag with sudo doesn't switch to the target user's home directory?

I have checked the man page ,which says : The -H (HOME) option sets the HOME environment variable to the homedir of the target user (root by default) as specified in passwd(5). By default, sudo does not modify HOME But I have tried below command: #... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Michaelw321
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

[solved] awk: test assoc. array for content

Hi all, I am looking for a quick/short way in awk to check if an associative array has any content. I know I can split() it to an indexed array and check if the 1st element is set, or cycle through it with something like for( ele in arr ), but I want to avoid that, as I am looking for a shorter... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: zaxxon
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Solved] Custom actions in Thunar doesn't display at all.

I have came across a few websites stating some custom actions for Thunar - crunchbang ubuntu I tried inputting the stated commands to Thunar, but it doesn't display at all in mine. I tried "gksu thunar %f" ( Opens current folder with root permissions.) , but when I right click in a... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hijanoqu
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to test that a string doesn't contain specific characters?

Hi ! :) I made this : #!/bin/bash rsa_dir="/etc/openvpn/easy-rsa/" rsa_key_dir="/etc/openvpn/easy-rsa/keys/" ccd_dir="/etc/openvpn/ccd/" regex_special_char='' cd $rsa_dir while read -p "Please can you enter the vpn's username : " username ] || ] || ] || ] do echo "Your entry... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arnaudh78
10 Replies
GEN-CTL-IO(1)							      libctl							     GEN-CTL-IO(1)

NAME
gen-ctl-io - generate C interface code for libctl control files SYNOPSIS
gen-ctl-io [OPTION]... [spec-file] DESCRIPTION
gen-ctl-io generates C code to import/export the input/output variables used in a libctl control file. gen-ctl-io generates files like ctl-io.h and ctl-io.c. These files define global variables, data structures, and functions for the input/output variables, classes, and function interfaces defined in the spec-file argument, automating the interaction between C and Guile. The arguments such as --code and --header are used to control whether ctl-io.c or ctl-io.h, etcetera, are generated. If no argument is specified then both of these files are generated by default, for backwards compatibility. libctl is a free library to aid in interfacing scientific software with the GNU Guile scripting and extension language. Documentation for it may be found online at the libctl home page: http://ab-initio.mit.edu/libctl OPTIONS
--code Generate C (or C++) source code to implement the Guile interface functions. The default output file name is ctl-io.c (in C) or ctl- io.cpp (in C++). --header Generate the header file declaring the interface data types and functions. The default output file name is ctl-io.h (in C) or ctl- io.hpp (in C++). --swig Generate a SWIG interface definition file declaring automatic conversions for the various libctl data types. The default output file name is ctl-io.i. --cxx Generate C++ code instead of C code. -o file Use file as the output file name instead of the defaults (above). BUGS
Send bug reports to S. G. Johnson, stevenj@alum.mit.edu. AUTHORS
Written by Steven G. Johnson. libctl March 27, 2006 GEN-CTL-IO(1)