Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users How to get the sunday days between two dates? Post 302745887 by itkamaraj on Tuesday 18th of December 2012 10:10:35 AM
Old 12-18-2012
you can use the below command to find out the sunday's in the month
Code:
$ cal 12 2012 | awk 'NR==3&&NF==7{print $1}NR>3{print $1}' 

For finding out all the sunday's b/w two dates(differnt month), you need to put some logic to extract the sunday's from different months

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

days elapsed between 2 dates

does anybody know how to find out the number of days elapsed between 2 dates e.g. days elapsed between 020212 and 020110 (YYMMDD format) Thanking you in advance. Ravi. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rkkiran
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Difference between two dates in no of days ???

Hi All How to get the difference between two dates in no of days ??? My date format is like this YYYY/MM/DD. I have to get the no of days between two dates in the given format. I tried to search the forum but nothing came up similar to my requitement. Your help will be appreciated. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: csaha
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Number of days between two distinct dates

Hi I'm looking for a .ksh script/function that will calculate ONLY the number of days between two distinct dates. Further convert the number of days to weeks and display. I need this to be part of another larger script that checks the password expiry on several servers and notifies the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: radheymohan
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Days difference between two dates

Hello, I would like to find out the number of days between two dates of the format yyyy-mm-dd. Any help on this is highly appreciated. Thanks. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Data469
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

using 'date' to get previous days' dates

I am familiar with using the 'date' command to get the current date but I have a situation where I need to get the previous day's date as well as the date two days prior. Theoretically I could use 'expr' to compute these values but I need it to work in instances where the previous month's dates... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: slant-40
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get number of days between given dates

Hi I need one single command to get number of days between two given dates.datecalc is not working. ex. fromdate:01.04.2010 todate :24.04.2010 i should get the out put as 23 Thanks in advance (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: suryanarayana
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

days are between the two dates?

I have two times in the format of YYMMDD. Does anyone know an easy way in ksh for me to display how many days are between the two dates? Example1: X=101202 Y=101205 There are 3 days between X & Y Example2: X=101202 Y=111202 There are 365 days between X & Y Example3: X=101205... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: oldman2
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calculate days between yyyyMmmdd dates on Solaris

I extract dates from the log file and need to calculate days between two dates. My dates are in yyyyMmmdd format. Example: $d1=2011 Oct 21 $d2=2012 Feb 20 I need to calculate the number of days between $d2 and $d1. This is on Solaris. Any ideas? Thanks, djanu (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: djanu
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to get the count of sunday between two dates?

Hi Am using unix Ksh I have the two dates DATE1=01/01/2013 DATE2=11/02/2013 In this two dates i need the output as count of sunday sunday=6 Can anyone help me pls!!! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Venkatesh1
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get number of days between 2 dates

Gents. Please can u help. I would like to calculate the days between two dates. Example file1 ( previous date) file1 - Input file 9/29/2010 10195 9/29/2010 1057 2/2/2016 10 2/2/2016 10169 2/2/2016 1057 2/3/2016 10005 2/3/2016 10014 In file2 I add the actual date using this code.... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: jiam912
9 Replies
hdate_struct(3) 						libhdate C language						   hdate_struct(3)

NAME
hdate_struct - libhdate Hebrew date struct SYNOPSIS
#include <hdate.h> Data Fields int hd_day int hd_mon int hd_year int gd_day int gd_mon int gd_year int hd_dw int hd_size_of_year int hd_new_year_dw int hd_year_type int hd_jd int hd_days int hd_weeks Detailed Description libhdate Hebrew date struct Field Documentation int hdate_struct::hd_day The number of day in the hebrew month (1..31). int hdate_struct::hd_mon The number of the hebrew month 1..14 (1 - tishre, 13 - adar 1, 14 - adar 2). int hdate_struct::hd_year The number of the hebrew year. int hdate_struct::gd_day The number of the day in the month. (1..31) int hdate_struct::gd_mon The number of the month 1..12 (1 - jan). int hdate_struct::gd_year The number of the year. int hdate_struct::hd_dw The day of the week 1..7 (1 - sunday). int hdate_struct::hd_size_of_year The length of the year in days. int hdate_struct::hd_new_year_dw The week day of Hebrew new year. int hdate_struct::hd_year_type The number type of year. int hdate_struct::hd_jd The Julian day number int hdate_struct::hd_days The number of days passed since 1 tishrey int hdate_struct::hd_weeks The number of weeks passed since 1 tishrey Author Generated automatically by Doxygen for libhdate C language from the source code. Version 1.4 Sun Jan 8 2012 hdate_struct(3)