Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Errors in if conditions.....
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Errors in if conditions..... Post 302745353 by Scott on Monday 17th of December 2012 07:05:49 AM
Old 12-17-2012
You could do a number of things.
  • Validate your input to ensure it only contains numbers
  • Change from numeric to string operators
  • Throw the error away and ignore it

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Adapter Errors and Link Errors

$ errpt | more IDENTIFIER TIMESTAMP T C RESOURCE_NAME DESCRIPTION 3074FEB7 0802050205 T H fscsi1 ADAPTER ERROR B8113DD1 0802050205 T H fcs1 LINK ERROR B8113DD1 0802050205 T H fcs1 LINK ERROR 3074FEB7 0802050205 T H fscsi0 ADAPTER ERROR B8113DD1 ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mcastill66
0 Replies

2. AIX

Adapter Errors and Link Errors

$ errpt | more IDENTIFIER TIMESTAMP T C RESOURCE_NAME DESCRIPTION 3074FEB7 0802050205 T H fscsi1 ADAPTER ERROR B8113DD1 0802050205 T H fcs1 LINK ERROR B8113DD1 0802050205 T H fcs1 LINK ERROR 3074FEB7 0802050205 T H fscsi0 ADAPTER ERROR B8113DD1 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mcastill66
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Major OS errors/Bash errors help!!!!

Hi all, dummy here.... I have major errors on entering the shell. On login I get: -bash: dircolors: command not found -bash: tr: command not found -bash: fgrep: command not found -bash: grep: command not found -bash: grep: command not found -bash: id: command not found -bash: [: =: unary... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: wcmmlynn
12 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

2 or more if conditions

Hello, I have a file as follows: col no:1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 a 4 226 226 ch:95024048-95027592, 1y224 of 3545 223 224 ident b 53 235 235 ch:148398-148401255, 1y184 of 3187 180 186 ident awk... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dr_sabz
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

conditions

./script 89 The script will extract the last digit of the input parameter. example, that is 4. This will be compared to the last digit of the current day of the month ( like day 14; that is 4). A message will displayed on the screen indicating if the digits are the same or not. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: singh is king
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

While with three conditions

Currently this is what I am trying while || && ]; do I want to continue if the first condition or both the second and third are true but I am getting a too many arguments error. Can someone help me out? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: whdr02
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

IF OR with two conditions

I have this IF working fine, testing if a char is a digit: if ; then _VALUE=$_VALUE$_CHAR else _ISDIGIT="false" fi Then I add a second condition to test if the char is either a digit or a * if ]; then _VALUE=$_VALUE$_CHAR ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Flavius
11 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

If conditions need

Dear Expert, Below code is for to take the backup of database by daily time stamp. I need vital help to make my script automatic sending me email if it sucess or fail. echo on @REM Seamonkey's quick date batch (MMDDYYYY format) @REM Setups %date variable @REM First parses month, day, and... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Alone
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Errors in if conditions with to many OR conditions

Hi ALL I have a script where in i need to check for several values in if conditons but when i execute the script it throws error such as "TOO MANY ARGUMENTS" if then msg="BM VAR Issue :: bmaRequestVAR=$bmaRequestVAR , nltBMVAR=$nltBMVAR , bmaResponseVAR=$bmaResponseVAR ,... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikhil jain
10 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Conditions in if

I'm using the below one.. #!/bin/ksh File=$3 if ; then echo "Script" elif ] ;then echo "Passed k or f option" else "Please check the Input passed" fi Command line argument is "k" or -f and file is exist then... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Roozo
3 Replies
XML::Validate::Base(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				  XML::Validate::Base(3pm)

NAME
XML::Validate::Base - Abstract base class to be used by XML::Validate modules SYNOPSIS
use XML::Validate::Base; sub new { ... override new ... } sub validate { ... override validate ... } DESCRIPTION
XML::Validate::Base provides a base class with helpful subs for real XML::Validate modules. METHODS
new(%options) Constructs a new validator. This method must be overridden. validate($xml) Parses and validates $xml. Returns a true value on success, undef on failure. This method must be overridden. options An accessor for the options hashref. set_options($supplied_options,$valid_options) Sets the options for the validator. $supplied_options and $valid_options are hash refs containing respectively the options supplied to the constructor and the valid options for validator along with their default values. If the supplied options hash ref contains an option not listed in valid options, this sub throws an exception. last_error Returns the error from the last validate call. This is a hash ref with the following fields: o message o line o column Note that the error gets cleared at the beginning of each "validate" call. add_error($error) Stores $error for retrieval by last_error. $error should be a hash ref. clear_errors Clears any errors held by the validator. VERSION
$Revision: 1.9 $ on $Date: 2005/09/06 11:05:08 $ by $Author: johna $ AUTHOR
Colin Robertson <cpan _at_ bbc _dot_ co _dot_ uk> COPYRIGHT
(c) BBC 2005. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the GNU GPL. See the file COPYING in this distribution, or http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.txt perl v5.10.1 2006-04-19 XML::Validate::Base(3pm)