Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers awk if statement / equals operator Post 302745331 by Golpette on Monday 17th of December 2012 06:33:39 AM
Old 12-17-2012
awk if statement / equals operator

Hi,
I was hoping someone could explain this please Smilie

I'm using bash, scientific linux... and I don't know what else you need to know. With

Code:
awk '{ if( 0.3 == 0.1*3) print $1}' file.dat

nothing will be printed since apparently the two numbers do not equate. (Using 0.3 != 0.1*3 is seen as true however)

0.2==0.1*2 is seen as true
0.5==0.1*5 is true
0.7==0.1*7 is false...

Many thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Diamond operator in Until Statement (perl)

Hello: I have the following perl script which is giving me trouble inside the second elsif statement. The purpose of the script is to go through a file and print out only those lines which contain pertinent information. The tricky part came when I realized that certain items actually spanned... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: erichpowell
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

cannot properly employ "or" operator in an if statement (bash)

Hi, I have a variable, $sername, and I would like to display this variable only if it *does not* contain either of these two tags: *DTI*FA* or *DIFF*FA*. I think the syntax for my 'or' operator is off. The variable $sername is continuously changing in an outer loop (not shown), but at the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: goodbenito
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to write If statement using && and operator in Unix

Hi What is the syntax for if statement using && and || operator? if && ] || here its giving me an error to this if statement any suggestion?? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Avi
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk with or and not operator

awk -F '/' '{ if (($2!="30") print }' f.dat > date_mismatch.dat The above command is giving the desired results But I would want use Or in the above but it is returning the complete file awk -F '/' '{ if ($2!="30"||$2!="31") print }' f.dat > date_mismatch.dat Have tried the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: infernalhell
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk Help - Comparison Operator problem

Hi, I've tried searching through the forum but I've drawn a blank so i'm going to post here. I'm developing a number of checks on a CSV file, trying to find if any are greater than a max limit. I'm testing it by running it from a command line. The file I'm testing has 8 records. When I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tmart
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting syntax error with awk ternary operator

split($7,a," "); date = a; time = a split(date,d,"/"); month = sprintf("%02d",d); day = sprintf("%02d",d); year = 2000 + d % 100 split(time,t,":"); hour=t; min=t hour >= 12? { hour=hour-12; amPm=" PM" } : amPM=" AM" hour == 0? hour=12 time=sprintf("%02d",hour)":"sprintf("%02d",min)amPm ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Michael Stora
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Plz help me out use OFMT operator in awk programming

Hi While calculating the sum of 6 and 7 fileds it is calculate the wrong value because of floating point like 7898778.10 awk ' BEGIN { FS = OFS = "|" } NR == 1 { next } { UX = $1 OFS $3 OFS $4 OFS $5 p1 +=$6 p2 +=$7 } END { for(i in UX) ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jagu
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert Update statement into Insert statement in UNIX using awk, sed....

Hi folks, I have a scenario to convert the update statements into insert statements using shell script (awk, sed...) or in database using regex. I have a bunch of update statements with all columns in a file which I need to convert into insert statements. UPDATE TABLE_A SET COL1=1 WHERE... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dev123
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using like operator in awk if condition

Hello All, I have developed a script which selects a particular filed from a file ,trims it,searches for a particular pattern and then mail it when found. cat test_file.txt |sed -n '5,$p'|sed -e 's/ //g'|awk -F'|' '{if ($4 !="Alive") print $1,$2,$3,$4}' >> proc_not_alive.txt It is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthik adiga
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Like operator in IF statement

how can i use like operator in IF statement. Below is correct format, please guide if ; then CT_ACT_FILE_NAME=`echo FINACLE' else CT_ACT_FILE_NAME=`echo not listed' fi ---------- Post updated at 04:58 PM ---------- Previous update was at 04:56 PM ---------- Please use CODE... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rizwan.shaukat
6 Replies
ttk::frame(n)							 Tk Themed Widget						     ttk::frame(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
ttk::frame - Simple container widget SYNOPSIS
ttk::frame pathName ?options? _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
A ttk::frame widget is a container, used to group other widgets together. STANDARD OPTIONS
-class -cursor -takefocus -style See the ttk_widget manual entry for details on the standard options. WIDGET-SPECIFIC OPTIONS [-borderwidth borderWidth] The desired width of the widget border. Defaults to 0. [-relief relief] One of the standard Tk border styles: flat, groove, raised, ridge, solid, or sunken. Defaults to flat. [-padding padding] Additional padding to include inside the border. [-width width] If specified, the widget's requested width in pixels. [-height height] If specified, the widget's requested height in pix- els. WIDGET COMMAND
Supports the standard widget commands configure, cget, identify, instate, and state; see ttk::widget(n). NOTES
Note that if the pack, grid, or other geometry managers are used to manage the children of the frame, by the GM's requested size will nor- mally take precedence over the frame widget's -width and -height options. pack propagate and grid propagate can be used to change this. SEE ALSO
ttk::widget(n), ttk::labelframe(n), frame(n) KEYWORDS
widget, frame, container Tk 8.5 ttk::frame(n)