Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting [Solved] Tree as alias command Post 302744841 by borobudur on Saturday 15th of December 2012 05:15:35 AM
Old 12-15-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corona688
Depending on your shell, you can use a function:

Code:
tree () {
        ls -R | grep ":$" | sed -e 's/:$//' -e 's/[^-][^\/]*\//--/g' -e 's/^/   /' -e 's/-/|/'
}

Works perfectly, thanks!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

alias for rm command

Hi, i want to make alias for rm command. It should actually move the file to a directory in my home. Say if i type %rm abc.txt the command should expand to %mv abc.txt ~ashishp/trash How should I write the alias for this? -Ashish (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: shriashishpatil
8 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

tree command

In DOS, to get the complete directory structure, we use 'TREE' command.. can anyone tell me what is the equivalent command in Unix I am using SunOS ABC 5.8 Generic_117350-18 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-V240 thanks.. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wip_vasikaran
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Alias a command

Hi 'm executing a java program from my shell script on solaris 9 as $JAVA_HOME\bin\java -ms32m -mx128m -classpath $CLASSPATH com.abc.fwk,abcServer.abcfwkServer $1 & where $1 is port number when i do ps -ef, it shows whole command , i want to give this some alias name as abcProcess, so... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: b_garima
2 Replies

4. Solaris

What command can display files in a tree?

Is there a command that displays a certain path of files in a tree just like the dos command 'tree'? (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bradj47
17 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Tree command

How can i install tree command in ubundu without root ? I have found some shell script which does the same job as tree but i would like to get all the options in tree command thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gvj
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Likely charset issue with tree command?

Hi All I'm using a tree command in a script that for me outputs:- | - - DIRECTORYNAME However a different user is getting the following output:- aaa (actually with an umlat above them) DIRECTORYNAME I'm not sure where this could be coming from, any ideas anyone? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bashingaway
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help on ps tree listing command - Linux/Solaris

Hi all, Can any guru please help on how I can tweak the following ps command so that it only shows the lines that I wanted. $ command ps -HAcl -F S -A f F S UID PID PPID CLS PRI ADDR SZ WCHAN RSS PSR STIME TTY TIME CMD 4 S root 1 0 TS 24 - 2592 ? ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
3 Replies

8. Red Hat

[SOLVED] How the alias is working?

Iam facing some strange issue with alias. I have an alias file in which i have created lot of aliases as given below. export BUILD_HOME=/apps/psr/build export DB_HOME=/apps/psr/database export LOGS_HOME=/apps/psr/logs export BUILD_TEST=/apps/psr/build_dev/build_test export... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vikram_Tanwar12
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Tree command does not print properly

Hi, when I run tree command in linux box getting below image, not the line test âââ lost+found âââ test1 â  âââ aaa.txt â  âââ bbb.txt âââ test2 3 directories, 2 files installed tree-1.5.3-2.el6.x86_64 package (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: stew
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to run a script/command on all the directories in a directory tree?

How to run a script/command on all the directories in a directory tree? The below script is just for the files in a single directory, how to run it on all the directories in a directory tree? #!/bin/sh for audio_files in *.mp3 do outfile="${audio_files%.*}.aiff" sox "$audio_files"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: temp-usr
2 Replies
NPM-RUN-SCRIPT(1)                                                                                                                NPM-RUN-SCRIPT(1)

NAME
npm-run-script - Run arbitrary package scripts SYNOPSIS
npm run-script <command> [--silent] [-- <args>...] alias: npm run DESCRIPTION
This runs an arbitrary command from a package's "scripts" object. If no "command" is provided, it will list the available scripts. run[-script] is used by the test, start, restart, and stop commands, but can be called directly, as well. When the scripts in the package are printed out, they're separated into lifecycle (test, start, restart) and directly-run scripts. As of ` https://blog.npmjs.org/post/98131109725/npm-2-0-0, you can use custom arguments when executing scripts. The special option -- is used by getopt https://goo.gl/KxMmtG to delimit the end of the options. npm will pass all the arguments after the -- directly to your script: npm run test -- --grep="pattern" The arguments will only be passed to the script specified after npm run and not to any pre or post script. The env script is a special built-in command that can be used to list environment variables that will be available to the script at run- time. If an "env" command is defined in your package, it will take precedence over the built-in. In addition to the shell's pre-existing PATH, npm run adds node_modules/.bin to the PATH provided to scripts. Any binaries provided by locally-installed dependencies can be used without the node_modules/.bin prefix. For example, if there is a devDependency on tap in your package, you should write: "scripts": {"test": "tap test/*.js"} instead of "scripts": {"test": "node_modules/.bin/tap test/*.js"} to run your tests. The actual shell your script is run within is platform dependent. By default, on Unix-like systems it is the /bin/sh command, on Windows it is the cmd.exe. The actual shell referred to by /bin/sh also depends on the system. As of ` https://github.com/npm/npm/releases/tag/v5.1.0 you can customize the shell with the script-shell configuration. Scripts are run from the root of the module, regardless of what your current working directory is when you call npm run. If you want your script to use different behavior based on what subdirectory you're in, you can use the INIT_CWD environment variable, which holds the full path you were in when you ran npm run. npm run sets the NODE environment variable to the node executable with which npm is executed. Also, if the --scripts-prepend-node-path is passed, the directory within which node resides is added to the PATH. If --scripts-prepend-node-path=auto is passed (which has been the default in npm v3), this is only performed when that node executable is not found in the PATH. If you try to run a script without having a node_modules directory and it fails, you will be given a warning to run npm install, just in case you've forgotten. You can use the --silent flag to prevent showing npm ERR! output on error. You can use the --if-present flag to avoid exiting with a non-zero exit code when the script is undefined. This lets you run potentially undefined scripts without breaking the execution chain. SEE ALSO
o npm help 7 scripts o npm help test o npm help start o npm help restart o npm help stop o npm help 7 config January 2019 NPM-RUN-SCRIPT(1)