Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Ssh connection timed out
Operating Systems AIX Ssh connection timed out Post 302744479 by vpundit on Friday 14th of December 2012 10:59:17 AM
Old 12-14-2012
before you go about enabling the feature. when was the last time you restarted the service?

Code:
stopsrc -s sshd 
startsrc -s sshd

Best to try and restart the service before you play around in the sshd_confiig

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Connection Timed out

I connect to a Sun Box through telnet but it timed out in couple of minutes. Advance thanks for any idea...help... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: s_aamir
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

deferred: connection timed out with NT

We recently installed a new release of SCO UNIX (5.0.6) and when I try to relay e-mail from the UNIX box to my NT server (the mail server) I get the following message from sendmail. Deferred: Connection timed out with nt I have nt set up as my relay server in sendmail.cf and the mail seems to... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jmossman
8 Replies

3. Linux Benchmarks

Connection Timed out problem - EM64T

Hai All, I have problem during HTTP benchmarking with polygraph tool on EM64T machine. Benchmarking results are getting problem bcas of connection timed out system errors. Machine log information is as, /var/log/messages.3:Feb 18 16:17:44 proxy64 network: Bringing up interface eth0: ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: muthukumar
0 Replies

4. HP-UX

connection timed out

I am trying to connect with my hp machine using "dialup networking." It times out after 30 seconds. Is there a way to adjust this time. Would it have anything to do with rexec? thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: paschal
0 Replies

5. Programming

Socket Programming - Port Scanner. I Get Connection Timed Out, Why?

When i put the target IP as 127.0.1.1, the program is working fine, can catch blocked & open ports. But when i try to scan remotely, i get connection timed out! Can you tell me why? :( Here is my code - Look at between where i put astriks - at the bottom: #include<iostream>... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: f.ben.isaac
3 Replies

6. Red Hat

postfix connection timed out issue on centOS

hello everyone i hav LITTLE issue, pending for just last week regarding postfix/sendmail server. M not able to forward mail to outer domain. I hav not configured DNS server uptill now, so nvr tried to receive mail from any domain, as i don require that as of now. Can anybody suggest a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: oracle.test2
4 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris 10 ftp connection problem (connection refused, connection timed out)

Hi everyone, I am hoping anyone of you could help me in this weird problem we have in 1 of our Solaris 10 servers. Lately, we have been having some ftp problems in this server. Though it can ping any server within the network, it seems that it can only ftp to a select few. For most servers, the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: labdakos
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

winscp error: Network error connection timed out

Hi all, I am trying to winscp to RHEL5 server and i am ending up with following error. Network error:connection timed out The system is up and running but not able to winscp. Tried SFTP,SCP and FTP protocols in winscp but none worked. I can ssh into this server from another server... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lramsb4u
3 Replies

9. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

SSH operation timed out

This has never happened before, but my laptop is now unable to access any remote servers. I have tried with 3 independent servers that I have access as recently as last week. I am not asked for my password, home:~ x$ ssh -v -p22 user@server OpenSSH_5.2p1, OpenSSL 0.9.7l 28 Sep 2006... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: chrisjorg
17 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How keep running a program n an another computer via a connection ssh when the connection is closed?

Hi everybody, I am running a program on a supercomputer via my personal computer through a ssh connection. My program take more than a day to run, so when I left work with my PC I stop the connection with the supercomputer and the program stop. I am wondering if someone know how I can manage... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: TomTomGre
2 Replies
pam_deny(5)						Standards, Environments, and Macros					       pam_deny(5)

NAME
pam_deny - PAM module to deny operations SYNOPSIS
pam_deny.so.1 DESCRIPTION
The pam_deny module implements all the PAM service module functions and returns the module type default failure return code for all calls. The following options are interpreted: debug syslog(3C) debugging information at LOG_AUTH and LOG_DEBUG levels ERRORS
The authentication service returns the following error codes: PAM_ACCT_EXPIRED If pam_sm_acct_mgmt is called. PAM_AUTH_ERR If pam_sm_authenticate is called. PAM_AUTHOK_ERR If pam_sm_chauthtok is called. PAM_CRED_ERR If pam_sm_setcred is called. PAM_SESSION_ERR If pam_sm_open_session or pam_sm_close_session are called. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Disabling a specified service The following example shows how to disable the service ssh-none authentication type: sshd-none auth pam_deny.so.1 sshd-none account pam_deny.so.1 sshd-none session pam_deny.so.1 sshd-none password pam_deny.so.1 Example 2: Disabling all sevices The following example shows how to disable all services that are not explicitly defined: other auth pam_deny.so.1 other account pam_deny.so.1 other session pam_deny.so.1 other password pam_deny.so.1 ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for a description of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT Level |MT-Safe with exceptions | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
su(1M), libpam(3LIB), pam(3PAM), pam_sm_authenticate(3PAM), syslog(3C), pam.conf(4), nsswitch.conf(4), attributes(5), pam_authtok_check(5), pam_authtok_get(5), pam_authtok_store(5), pam_dhkeys(5), pam_passwd_auth(5), pam_unix_account(5), pam_unix_auth(5), pam_unix_session(5), privileges(5) NOTES
The interfaces in libpam(3LIB) are MT-Safe only if each thread within the multi-threaded application uses its own PAM handle. This module is intended to be used to either deny access to specific services names, or to all service names not specified (by specifying pam_deny.so.1 as the default, "other", service stack). SunOS 5.10 19 Apr 2004 pam_deny(5)