Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Finding data value that contains x% of points Post 302743795 by Corona688 on Thursday 13th of December 2012 10:16:05 AM
Old 12-13-2012
There's probably a way to do that statistically. Checking...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX and Linux Applications

Gnuplot question: how to plot 3D points as colored points in map view?

I have a simple gnuplot question. I have a set of points (list of x,y,z values; irregularly spaced, i.e. no grid) that I want to plot. I want the plot to look like this: - points in map view (no 3D view) - color of each point should depend on its z-value. - I want to define my own color scale -... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: karman
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

to extarct data points

suppose u have a file which consist of many data points separated by asterisk Question is to extract third part in each line . 0.0002*0.003*-0.93939*0.0202*0.322*0.3332*0.2222*0.22020 0.003*0.3333*0.33322*-0.2220*0.3030*0.2222*0.3331*-0.3030 0.0393*0.3039*-0.03038*0.033*0.4033*0.30384*0.4048... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cdfd123
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

recoding data points using SED??

Hello all, I have a data file that needs some serious work...I have no idea how to implement the changes that are needed! The file is a genotypic file with >64,000 columns representing genetic markers, a header line, and >1100 rows that looks like this: ID 1 2 3 4 ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: doobedoo
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Writing an algorithm to recode data points

I have a file that has been partially recoded so that data points that were formerly letter combinations are now -1, 0, or 1. I need to finish recoding the GG and CC data points. The file looks like this: ID 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 83845676 0 0 0 0 CC -1 CC CC 838469. -1 -1 1 GG CC 0 CC 1 83847041... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: doobedoo
10 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Group search (multiple data points) in Linux

Hi All I have a data set like this tab delimited: weft fgr-1 345 -1 fgrythdgd weft fgr-3 456 -2 ghjdklflllff weft fgr-11 456 -3 ghtjuffl weft fgr-1 213 -2 ghtyjdkl weft fgr-34 567 -5 fghytkflf frgt fgr-36 567 -1 ghrjufjf frgt fgr-45 678 -2 ghjruir frgt fgr-34 546 -5 gjjjgkldlld frgt... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lucky Ali
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to get data only inside polygon created by points which is part of whole data from file?

hiii, Help me out..i have a huge set of data stored in a file.This file has has 2 columns which is latitude & longitude of a region. Now i have a program which asks for the number of points & based on this number it asks the user to enter that latitude & longitude values which are in the same... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: reva
7 Replies

7. Programming

GNUPLOT- how to change the style of data points

Hi, I am trying to arrange my graphs with GNUPLOT. Although it looked like simple at the beginning, I could not figure out an answer for the following: I want to change the style of my data points (not the line, just exact data points) The terminal assigns first + and then x to them but what I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: natasha
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calculate difference between consecutive data points in a column from a file

Hi, I have a file with one column data (sample below) and I am trying to write a shell script to calculate the difference between consecutive data valuse i.e Var = Ni -N(i-1) 0.3141 -3.6595 0.9171 5.2001 3.5331 3.7022 -6.1087 -5.1039 -9.8144 1.6516 -2.725 3.982 7.769 8.88 (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: malandisa
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grabbing data between 2 points in text file

I have a text file that shows the output of my solar inverters. I want to separate this into sections. overview , device 1 , device 2 , device 3. Each device has different number of lines. but they all have unique starting points. Overview starts with 6 #'s, Devices have 4#'s and their data starts... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mikey
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ranking data points from multiple files

I need to rank a large number of data points that exist in multiple files. My data points (Column 3) are based on unique values in columns 1 and 2. I need to rank the values that are in File 1, Column 3. For instance: Input File 1 AAA BBB 10 CCC DDD 16 EEE FFF 20 Input File 2 ... (47 Replies)
Discussion started by: ncwxpanther
47 Replies
DACSACL(1)						       DACS Commands Manual							DACSACL(1)

NAME
dacsacl - list, check, or re-index access control rules SYNOPSIS
dacsacl [dacsoptions[1]] [-build | -nobuild] [-vfs vfs_uri] [...] [op-spec] [acl-name...] DESCRIPTION
This program is part of the DACS suite. The dacsacl utility performs administrative functions related to access control, such as: o validating the syntax of ACL files (parsing the XML and DACS expressions); o checking that the revocation list (VFS type revocations) exists and performing a syntax check on it; o creating an index (a directory data structure, as an XML file) of access control files; and o listing and deleting access tokens in the authorization cache (refer to dacs_acs(8)[2]). Please refer to dacs.acls(5)[3] for details about how access control rule files are named. Important Version 1.4.21 introduced important changes to the way DACS processes access control files, introducing incompatibilities with earlier releases. Please pay special attention to the -convert and -build flags. Most importantly, after adding, deleting, or editing an access control file the ACL index must be regenerated. This can be done simply by running dacsacl with no arguments. Notes o So that it can be run as part of the installation procedure, dacsacl does not require dacs.conf to exist. If it does exist, however, it must be readable and syntactically correct. o The program emits a warning message if it finds different ACL files that contain identical url_pattern (or url_expr) attributes. It does not detect pairs of these attributes that are equivalent, however; in general, it is not possible to do so because the actual specifications used to match against a service request are not known until run time. Two or more service elements should never apply to the same service request (other than through wildcard matching) and the result of authorization testing with such rules is indeterminate. o The dacs_admin(8)[4] web service provides some of the same functionality as dacsacl. OPTIONS
In addition to the standard dacsoptions[1], dacsacl recognizes these options: -build Index rebuilding is done by default with most modes of operation, but it can be explicitly requested with this flag. -nobuild Suppress index rebuilding. -vfs vfs_uri This flag, which may be repeated, causes vfs_uri to be defined as if by a VFS[5] directive, overriding any existing definition. This can be used to specify an alternate location for the item types acls or dacs_acls, for instance. As a special case, if acls (dacs_acls) is defined using this flag but not dacs_acls (acls), then only the former's index will be rebuilt. This option can be useful in conjunction with the -un[1] flag so that indexes can be generated before a jurisdiction has been configured. The optional op-spec describes one of the following operations: -convert This flag is used to convert from the older rule processing scheme (pre-1.4.21) to the current scheme. It should only be needed by installations that are using custom rules (i.e., those other than the standard rules for DACS web pages and web services). Note that in some cases (described below) conversion is not fully automated, so the administrator may need to do some additional work. -- This flag is a no-op that is used to prevent any following argument from being interpreted as a flag or operation. -f file [...] Each file argument is the pathname of an ACL file or a directory containing ACL files. Since ACL files can be organized using a directory structure, directories are checked recursively. -l List the full URI of each access control rule in the virtual filestore for item types acls and dacs_acls. No error checking is performed. -s List the name (sans prefixes) of each access control rule in the virtual filestore for item types acls and dacs_acls. No error checking is performed. -tc Clean up the authorization cache by deleting expired or otherwise invalid entries. Note: since there may not be any concurrency control in effect, this should probably not be done while DACS could be writing to the file. -td # ... Delete one or more authorization cache entries by giving their integer listing number (starting at 1, as produced by the -tl flag). Note: since there may not be any concurrency control in effect, this should probably not be done while DACS could be writing to the file. -tl List the entries in the authorization cache. -tt Truncate the authorization cache, effectively deleting everything in the cache. This is not currently implemented; in the meantime, simply delete the file or database, or copy /dev/null to it. If one or more acl-name arguments appear they are interpreted as ACL files accessed through DACS's virtual filestore using item types acls and dacs_acls (both are checked). The applicable DACS configuration for the item type determines how an acl-name will be accessed. Note that acl-name must be the actual filename. If no op-spec or acl-name is specified, dacsacl will examine all ACL files configured for the appropriate DACS jurisdiction. EXAMPLES
The following command checks all of the access control rules belonging to the jurisdiction associated with dss.example.com: % dacsacl -u dss.example.com -v Checking: /usr/local/dacs/federations/dss/acls/acl.2 Checking: /usr/local/dacs/federations/dss/acls/acl.3 Checking: /usr/local/dacs/federations/dss/acls/acl.4 Checking: /usr/local/dacs/acls/acl-auth.0 (Note: duplicate keys for "acl-auth.0" and "acl-conf.0") Checking: /usr/local/dacs/acls/acl-conf.0 (Note: duplicate keys for "acl-conf.0" and "acl-dacs.0") Checking: /usr/local/dacs/acls/acl-dacs.0 (Note: duplicate keys for "acl-dacs.0" and "acl-passwd.0") Checking: /usr/local/dacs/acls/acl-passwd.0 (Note: duplicate keys for "acl-passwd.0" and "acl-stddocs.0") Checking: /usr/local/dacs/acls/acl-stddocs.0 Updated rule: [acls]dacs-fs:/usr/local/dacs/conf/acls/acl-abc.0 Updated rule: [acls]dacs-fs:/usr/local/dacs/conf/acls/acl-accounts.0 ... Built index for "acls": 44 rules Updated rule: [dacs_acls]dacs-fs:/usr/local/dacs/acls/acl-admin.0 Updated rule: [dacs_acls]dacs-fs:/usr/local/dacs/acls/acl-auth-agent.0 ... Built index for "dacs_acls": 14 rules 58 ACL files were checked (OK) Note While it is not an error for access control rules to have the same numeric suffix, because the suffix partly determines the order in which roles are processed, using equal suffix values accidentally may have unintended results. The following command checks only one access control rule belonging to the jurisdiction associated with dss.example.com: % dacsacl -u dss.example.com -v acl.2 Checking: /usr/local/dacs/federations/dss/acls/acl.2 1 ACL file was checked (OK) DIAGNOSTICS
The program exits 0 if everything was fine, 1 if an error occurred. SEE ALSO
dacsvfs(1)[6], dacs.acls(5)[3], dacs_acs(8)[7], dacs_admin(8)[4], dacs_vfs(8)[8] AUTHOR
Distributed Systems Software (www.dss.ca[9]) COPYING
Copyright2003-2012 Distributed Systems Software. See the LICENSE[10] file that accompanies the distribution for licensing information. NOTES
1. dacsoptions http://dacs.dss.ca/man/dacs.1.html#dacsoptions 2. dacs_acs(8) http://dacs.dss.ca/man/dacs_acs.8.html#authorization_caching 3. dacs.acls(5) http://dacs.dss.ca/man/dacs.acls.5.html 4. dacs_admin(8) http://dacs.dss.ca/man/dacs_admin.8.html 5. VFS http://dacs.dss.ca/man/dacs.conf.5.html#VFS 6. dacsvfs(1) http://dacs.dss.ca/man/dacsvfs.1.html 7. dacs_acs(8) http://dacs.dss.ca/man/dacs_acs.8.html 8. dacs_vfs(8) http://dacs.dss.ca/man/dacs_vfs.8.html 9. www.dss.ca http://www.dss.ca 10. LICENSE http://dacs.dss.ca/man/../misc/LICENSE DACS 1.4.27b 10/22/2012 DACSACL(1)