Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Slash delimiter
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Slash delimiter Post 302743129 by frhling on Wednesday 12th of December 2012 06:56:05 AM
Old 12-12-2012
Really Thanks.
I dont know how to mark as :SOLVED but it is solvedSmilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk slash

I have configuration file(master.cnf), that contents are: VER1LOG /src/ver1/log VER2LOG /src/ver2/log APPLOG /src/sys/apps/log APPCONF /src/sys/apps/conf APPBIN /src/sys/apps/bin my shell script is as below mylog=sys/apps awk "/$mylog/" master.cnf awk: syntax error Context is: >>> ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: McLan
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace the last slash alone

Hi All, Can you please help me with the below issue. I want only the last slash to be replaced with space. 06/05/2008/EDED_FD_BDCD_ABCD_123 06/05/2008 EDED_FD_BDCD_ABCD_123 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: christineida
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

About \ (Back slash)

Hi All, print "path/executable_file parameters" \ > path/file1 print "path/executable_file parameters" \ > path/file2 print "path/executable_file parameters" \ > path/file3 chmod 775 path/file1 \ path/file2 \ ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arunprasad
7 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Substitute single backward-slash with the double backward-slash

Hi, I have a path like this c:\test\sample\programs, i need to change thiis to c:\\test\\sample\\programs. How to perform this? I tried tr command but it didn't help me. Thanks Vijayan (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mvictorvijayan
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using sed to append backward slash before forward slash

Hi all, I need to know way of inserting backward slash before forward slash. My problem is that i need to supply directory path as an argument while invoking cshell script. This argument is further used in script (i.e. sed is used to insert this path in some file). So i need to place \ in front... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarbjit
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Substring based on delimiter, finding last delimiter

Hi, I have a string like ABC.123.XYZ-A1-B2-P1-C4. I want to delimit the string based on "-" and then get result as only two strings. One with string till last hyphen and other with value after last hyphen... For this case, it would be something like first string as "ABC.123.XYZ-A1-B2-P1" and... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gupt_ash
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to cut by delimiter, and delimiter can be anything except numbers?

Hi all, I have a number of strings like below: //mnt/autocor/43°13'(33")W/ and i'm trying to get the numbers in this string, for example 431333 please help thanks ahead (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunnydanniel
14 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to put delimiter for a no delimiter variable length text file

Hi, I have a No Delimiter variable length text file with following schema - Column Name Data length Firstname 5 Lastname 5 age 3 phoneno1 10 phoneno2 10 phoneno3 10 sample data - ... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gaurav Martha
16 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to remove slash

I got stuck in problem i need to remove slash but it is not working. current output /usr/sbin/httpd expected output usr sbin httpd (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: learnbash
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Code to change file delimiter (passed as argument) to bar delimiter

Hi, Extremely new to Perl scripting, but need a quick fix without using TEXT::CSV I need to read in a file, pass any delimiter as an argument, and convert it to bar delimited on the output. In addition, enclose fields within double quotes in case of any embedded delimiters. Any help would... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: JPB1977
2 Replies
diffmk(1)						      General Commands Manual							 diffmk(1)

NAME
diffmk - Marks differences between files SYNOPSIS
diffmk [-b] [-ab'mark'] [-ae'mark'] [-cb'mark'] [-ce'mark'] [-db'mark'] [-de'mark'] file1 file2 The diffmk command compares two versions of a file and creates a new file that marks the differences. OPTIONS
Uses mark to mark where added lines begin. Uses mark to mark where added lines end. Ignores differences that are only changes in tabs or spaces on a line. Uses mark to mark where changed lines begin. Uses mark to mark where changed lines end. Uses mark to mark where deleted lines begin. Uses mark to mark where deleted lines end. DESCRIPTION
The file1 and file2 variables are the old and new versions of the file, respectively. The diffmk command compares them and writes a new version to standard output, which can be redirected to a file. This output contains the lines of file2 marked with nroff change mark requests (.mc), or with the marks you specify with the -ab, -ae, -cb, -ce, -db, and -de options. When output containing requests is formatted with nroff, changed or inserted lines are marked by a | (vertical bar) at the right margin of each line. An * (asterisk) indicates that a line was deleted. If the DIFFMARK environment variable is defined, it names a command string that diffmk uses to compare the files. (Normally, diffmk uses the diff command.) For example, you might set DIFFMARK to diff -h in order to better handle extremely large files. EXAMPLES
To mark the differences between two versions of a text file, enter: diffmk -ab'>I:' -ae'<I' -cb'>C' -ce'<C' -db'>D' -de'<D' chap1.old chap1 >chap1.diffs This causes diffmk to create a copy of chap1 called chap1.diffs, showing differences between chap1.old and chap1. Additions of one or more lines are marked with >I and <I, changed lines are marked with >C and <C, and deletions are marked with >D and <D. To mark differences with nroff requests, enter: diffmk chap1.old chap1 > chap1.nroff This produces a copy of chap1 called chap1.nroff containing nroff change mark requests to identify text that was added to, changed, or deleted from chap1.old. To use different nroff marking requests and ignore changes in white space, enter: diffmk -b -cb'.mc %' chap1.old chap1 > chap1.nroff This imbeds commands that mark changes with % (percent sign), additions with | (the default, because no -a option is specified), and deletions with * (the default). It does not mark changes that only involve a different number of spaces or tabs between words (-b). SEE ALSO
Commands: diff(1), nroff(1) diffmk(1)