Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Difference between rmlv and rmfs Post 302742745 by zaxxon on Tuesday 11th of December 2012 01:50:12 PM
Old 12-11-2012
Also you sometimes just have LVs without any FS on them like sysdump devices, raw devices, LogLVs, Paging Space. So you will use most probably rmlv to remove them.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

what is the difference between -h and -H ?

samba:/home/backup # df -h /home/ Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on /dev/sdb2 34G 8.6G 26G 26% /home samba:/home/backup # df -H /home/ Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on /dev/sdb2 37GB 9.2GB 28GB 26% /home what... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cw1972
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Difference between $* and $@

Somebody please tell me the difference between $@ and $* Thanks in advance. Saneesh Joseph (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saneeshjose
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

difference

difference b/w shell scripting and perl scripting (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: simmijaswal
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Difference between 1,$ and /g

just wondering what the difference is between 1,$ and /g when doing a substitution in vi. doesn't seem to be much difference from what i can see. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bigubosu
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Difference between

$x=10 and providing the spaces between = and 10 $x= 10 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shashank1311
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

difference...

Hi ALL, Please tell me the difference between << and < Thanks, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: raju4u
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Difference between rmfs and rm -rf

What is the difference between the unix rmfs and rm -rf command? Do they do the same thing? Can they both be used together? Thanks, Pat (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: patdi_1
2 Replies

8. Programming

what is the main difference between difference between using nonatomic lseek and O_APPEND

I think both write at the end of the file ...... but is there a sharp difference between those 2 instruction ..... thank you this is my 3rd question today forgive me :D (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fwrlfo
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

What is the difference between the two?

Heyas I'm reworking tui-dd atm, and having a similar issue with a 'weird formated tempfile'. I've already applied what seemed to help from: https://www.unix.com/unix-for-dummies-questions-and-answers/261156-awk-should-work-shouldnt-2.html However, it is weird... The mini-dd works as... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sea
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to calculate difference of split and sum the difference

In the awk I am trying to subtract the difference $3-$2 of each matching $4 before the first _ (underscore) and print that value in $13. I think the awk will do that, but added comments. What I am not sure off is how to add a line or lines that will add sum each matching $13 value and put it in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
2 Replies
devices(4)							   File Formats 							devices(4)

NAME
devices, devid_cache, snapshot_cache, mdi_scsi_vhci_cache, mdi_ib_cache, devname_cache - device configuration information SYNOPSIS
/etc/devices /etc/devices/devid_cache /etc/devices/snapshot_cache /etc/devices/mdi_scsi_vhci_cache /etc/devices/mdi_ib_cache /etc/devices/devname_cache DESCRIPTION
The directory /etc/devices is a repository of device-related data. Files in this directory are used to preserve this information across reboots and are created and updated as necessary by the system. There are no administrative actions necessary with respect to files in /etc/devices. Should the contents of a file become corrupted or an update fail, the file can simply be removed. The system re-creates the file as necessary. SEE ALSO
devfsadm(1M), dev(7FS), ddi_devid_compare(9F), ddi_devid_compare(9F) NOTES
Files in this directory do not constitute an API. Files might not exist or might have a different content or interpretation in a future release. The existence of this notice does not imply that any other documentation that lacks this notice constitutes an API. SunOS 5.11 8 Jun 2006 devices(4)