Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Users get booted
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Users get booted Post 302742729 by cookdl on Tuesday 11th of December 2012 01:31:51 PM
Old 12-11-2012
It is still a netscreen but a newer version...old one was a netscreen 5GT and new one is a netscreen SSG5

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Dual booted RHL 7.3 with Win XP..

Hello all, I'm a no Linux expert! But I perfectly dual booted Win XP with RHL 7.3 on a hp pavilion notebook (model ze5170). All working fantastic now. But I have a minor problem now. I can't get RHL probe the modem, so could not get the internet connection working. The modem is a Conexant... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Vishnu
1 Replies

2. What is on Your Mind?

Bush Gets booted!!

EmaBhHJbbes maybe next time they will ask journalists to take off their shoes before going for press conference :D (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sparcguy
5 Replies

3. Linux

accessing a Debial home doc when booted ob Ubuntu

Sure it's been covered before my key words probably wrong for search, but I have a triple boot operate mostly in Ubuntu and would like to access debian files to see them without re-booting My first post and great to be here Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: worthamtx
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

To find when is the system last re-booted

Hi, What is the command to find when is the system last re-booted? Appreciate your help in this regard. Regards, Venkatesh. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: venkatesht
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

FNG Question: Test if remote server has booted

Hello again, I have a script on my media server that wakes up my backup server, performs an 'rsync' backup, then shuts the backup server down. Currently, I have it send the Wake on LAN packet, and sleep for 5 minutes, just to give the backup server time to boot (of course it doesn't take that long,... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: vwgtiturbo
11 Replies

6. Solaris

physical device name when booted different then at ok prompt

Hi all, I am experimenting with solaris. I noticed that when the machine is booted the physical device name of the root device is different then when I am at the ok prompt: # mount | head -1 / on /dev/dsk/c1t1d0s0 # ls -l /dev/dsk/c1t1d0s0 lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: deadeyes
2 Replies

7. AIX

Booted to old_rootvg

Our offshore team tried to do some patching for me over the weekend, and while I'm not completely sure of how we got into this state, I know it started with them forgetting to put the alt_rootvg back to sleep before rebooting the server. Our process is this: Clone/update_all using... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sdiehr00
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create multiple users with individual passwords to users

hi, i am new to shell scripts i write a shell script to create multiple users but i need to give passwords to that users while creating users, command to write this script (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: DONFOX
1 Replies

9. AIX

Unmirror and machine not booted after restart

My box is aix 5.3, i have done unmirror and restart, machine count't boot up missing disk in sms, BLV, is in hdisk3 when i go through maintenance mode, many command not work such as... bosboot bootlist pls suggest me... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: reply.ravi
5 Replies
CMPDYLIB(1)						      General Commands Manual						       CMPDYLIB(1)

NAME
cmpdylib - compare two dynamic shared libraries for compatibility SYNOPSIS
cmpdylib oldLibrary newLibrary DESCRIPTION
cmpdylib compares two versions of a dynamic shared library to see if they are compatible with each other. If the two versions are incompat- ible, the reason is printed to stdout, and the exit status is nonzero. If they are compatible, nothing is printed, and the exit status is zero. To see if the two versions are compatible, cmpdylib first verifies that newLibrary was built for all of the architectures that oldLibrary was built for. If so, for each architecture, it checks to see if the global symbols defined in oldLibrary are still defined in newLibrary. It then looks for new symbols, symbols defined in newLibrary that are not defined in oldLibrary. If it finds new symbols, it compares the compatibility version numbers of the two libraries. If the compatibility version number of newLibrary is greater than oldLibrary, the libraries are still compatible. If the compatibility version number is the same or less, the libraries are incompatible. OPTIONS
oldLibrary The older version of the library. newLibrary The newer version of the library. EXAMPLES
This example shows the result of performing cmpdylib on two incompatible versions of the Foundation library. As stated, the versions are incompatible because the newer version was not built for the ppc architecture. cmpdylib /System/Library/Frameworks/Foundation.framework/Foundation Foundation_proj/Foundation cmpdylib: file: Foundation_proj/Foundation does not contain architecture: ppc cmpdylib: new dynamic shared library: Foundation_proj/Foundation does not contain architecture ppc DIAGNOSTICS
The exit status is zero if the library versions are compatible and nonzero if they are incompatible. BUGS
There are lots of other things that could be checked for that are not (such as the Objective C API). Apple Computer, Inc. November 3, 1997 CMPDYLIB(1)