Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Difference between rmlv and rmfs Post 302742621 by -=XrAy=- on Tuesday 11th of December 2012 10:52:03 AM
Old 12-11-2012
Hi,
Code:
man rmlv
However, removing the logical volume does not notify the operating system that the
file system residing on it have been destroyed. The command rmfs updates the 
/etc/filesystems file. 

I would use "rmfs" for the filesystem and "rmlv" for the log logical volume (as far as a seperate log logical volume was defined for this filesystem)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

what is the difference between -h and -H ?

samba:/home/backup # df -h /home/ Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on /dev/sdb2 34G 8.6G 26G 26% /home samba:/home/backup # df -H /home/ Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on /dev/sdb2 37GB 9.2GB 28GB 26% /home what... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cw1972
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Difference between $* and $@

Somebody please tell me the difference between $@ and $* Thanks in advance. Saneesh Joseph (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saneeshjose
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

difference

difference b/w shell scripting and perl scripting (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: simmijaswal
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Difference between 1,$ and /g

just wondering what the difference is between 1,$ and /g when doing a substitution in vi. doesn't seem to be much difference from what i can see. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bigubosu
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Difference between

$x=10 and providing the spaces between = and 10 $x= 10 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shashank1311
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

difference...

Hi ALL, Please tell me the difference between << and < Thanks, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: raju4u
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Difference between rmfs and rm -rf

What is the difference between the unix rmfs and rm -rf command? Do they do the same thing? Can they both be used together? Thanks, Pat (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: patdi_1
2 Replies

8. Programming

what is the main difference between difference between using nonatomic lseek and O_APPEND

I think both write at the end of the file ...... but is there a sharp difference between those 2 instruction ..... thank you this is my 3rd question today forgive me :D (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fwrlfo
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

What is the difference between the two?

Heyas I'm reworking tui-dd atm, and having a similar issue with a 'weird formated tempfile'. I've already applied what seemed to help from: https://www.unix.com/unix-for-dummies-questions-and-answers/261156-awk-should-work-shouldnt-2.html However, it is weird... The mini-dd works as... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sea
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to calculate difference of split and sum the difference

In the awk I am trying to subtract the difference $3-$2 of each matching $4 before the first _ (underscore) and print that value in $13. I think the awk will do that, but added comments. What I am not sure off is how to add a line or lines that will add sum each matching $13 value and put it in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
2 Replies
LVREMOVE(8)						      System Manager's Manual						       LVREMOVE(8)

NAME
lvremove - remove a logical volume SYNOPSIS
lvremove [-A|--autobackup y|n] [-d|--debug] [-f|--force] [-h|-?|--help] [--noudevsync] [-t|--test] [-v|--verbose] LogicalVolumePath [Logi- calVolumePath...] DESCRIPTION
lvremove removes one or more logical volumes. Confirmation will be requested before deactivating any active logical volume prior to removal. Logical volumes cannot be deactivated or removed while they are open (e.g. if they contain a mounted filesystem). Removing an origin logical volume will also remove all dependent snapshots. If the logical volume is clustered then it must be deactivated on all nodes in the cluster before it can be removed. A single lvchange com- mand issued from one node can do this. OPTIONS
See lvm(8) for common options. -f, --force Remove active logical volumes without confirmation. --noudevsync Disable udev synchronisation. The process will not wait for notification from udev. It will continue irrespective of any possible udev processing in the background. You should only use this if udev is not running or has rules that ignore the devices LVM2 cre- ates. EXAMPLES
Remove the active logical volume lvol1 in volume group vg00 without asking for confirmation: lvremove -f vg00/lvol1 Remove all logical volumes in volume group vg00: lvremove vg00 SEE ALSO
lvcreate(8), lvdisplay(8), lvchange(8), lvm(8), lvs(8), lvscan(8), vgremove(8) Sistina Software UK LVM TOOLS 2.02.67(2) (2010-06-04) LVREMOVE(8)