Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Split: File into multiple and keeping the same 3 lines from input into all output files Post 302742219 by rdcwayx on Monday 10th of December 2012 07:30:33 PM
Old 12-10-2012
no output after run the command, but you will have several new files generated : file1 file2 etc.

Code:
awk 'NR<4{s=s==""?$0:s RS $0;next} {a=s RS $0;getline;print a RS $0 > "file" ++i ;a=""}' infile

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

split a file into multiple files

Hi All, I have a file ABC.txt and I need to split this file on every 250 rows. And the file name should be ABC1.txt , ABC2.txt and so on. I tried with split command split -l 250 <filename> '<filename>' but the file name returned was ABC.txtaa ABC.txtab. Please... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumar66
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

building output file from multiple input files

Hi there, I am trying to figure out a way to combine multiple sources with different data on a single file, and I am trying to find the best way to do it. I have multiple files, let's say A, B, C and D. A has a field in common with B, B has a field in common with C, and C has a field in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ppucci
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split a file into multiple files

Hi, i have a file like this: 1|2|3|4|5| 1|2|8|4|6| Trailer1||||| 1|2|3| Trailer2||| 3|4|5|6| 3|4|5|7| 3|4|5|8| Trailer2||| I want to generate 3 files out of this based on the trailer record. Trailer record string can be different for each file or it may be same for one or two. No... (24 Replies)
Discussion started by: pparthji
24 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split the single file lines into multiple files

Let's assume that I have a file name called ‘A' and it has 100 lines in it and would like to split these 100 lines into 4 files as specified bellow. INPUT: Input file name A 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ........100 Output: 4 output files (x,y,z,w) File x should contains (Skip 4 lines)... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: subbarao25
15 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split a file into multiple files based on the input pattern

I have a file with lines something like. ...... 123_start ...... ....... 123_end .... ..... 456_start ...... ..... 456_end .... ..... 789_start .... .... 789_end (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: abinash
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

split input data file and put into same output file

Hi All, I have two input file and need to generate a CSV file. The existing report just "GREP" the records with the Header and Tailer records with the count of records. Now i need to split the data into 25 records each in the same CSV file. id_file (Input file ) 227050994 232510151... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rasmith
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk, multiple files input and multiple files output

Hi! I'm new in awk and I need some help. I have a folder with a lot of files and I need that awk do something in each file and print a new file with the output. The input file name should be modified when I print the outpu files. Thanks in advance for help! :-) ciao (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gabrysfe
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Multiple input files and output files

Hi, I have many test*.ft1 files to which I want to read as input for a script called pipe2txt.tcl and print the output in each separate file. For example, pipe2txt.tcl < test001.ft1 > test001.txt How can I read many files in this maner? thank you very much, Best, Pahuja (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pahuja
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing multiple lines from input file, if multiple lines match a pattern.

GM, I have an issue at work, which requires a simple solution. But, after multiple attempts, I have not been able to hit on the code needed. I am assuming that sed, awk or even perl could do what I need. I have an application that adds extra blank page feeds, for multiple reports, when... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jxfish2
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Split file into multiple files based on empty lines

I am using below code to split files based on blank lines but it does not work. awk 'BEGIN{i=0}{RS="";}{x="F"++i;}{print > x;}' Your help would be highly appreciated find attachment of sample.txt file (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: imranrasheedamu
2 Replies
h5diff(1)						      General Commands Manual							 h5diff(1)

NAME
h5diff - Compares two HDF5 files and reports the differences. SYNOPSIS
h5diff file1 file2 [OPTIONS] [object1 [object2 ] ] DESCRIPTION
h5diff is a command line tool that compares two HDF5 files, file1 and file2, and reports the differences between them. Optionally, h5diff will compare two objects within these files. If only one object, object1, is specified, h5diff will compare object1 in file1 with object1 in file2. In two objects, object1 and object2, are specified, h5diff will compare object1 in file1 with object2 in file2. These objects must be HDF5 datasets. object1 and object2 must be expressed as absolute paths from the respective file's root group. Additional information, with several sample cases, can be found in the document H5diff Examples. OPTIONS
file1 file2 The HDF5 files to be compared. -h Print all differences. -r Print only the names of objects that differ; do not print the differences. These objects may be HDF5 datasets, groups, or named datatypes. -n count Print difference up to count differences, then stop. count must be a positive integer. -d delta Print only differences that are greater than the limit delta. delta must be a positive number. The comparison criterion is whether the absolute value of the difference of two corresponding values is greater than delta (e.g., |a-b| > delta, where a is a value in file1 and b is a value in file2). -p relative Print only differences that are greater than a relative error. relative must be a positive number. The comparison criterion is whether the absolute value of the difference 1 and the ratio of two corresponding values is greater than relative (e.g., |1-(b/a)| > relative where a is a value in file1 and b is a value in file2). object1 object2 Specific object(s) within the files to be compared. EXAMPLES
The following h5diff call compares the object /a/b in file1 with the object /a/c in file2: h5diff file1 file2 /a/b /a/c This h5diff call compares the object /a/b in file1 with the same object in file2: h5diff file1 file2 /a/b And this h5diff call compares all objects in both files: h5diff file1 file2 SEE ALSO
h5dump(1), h5ls(1), h5repart(1), h5import(1), gif2h5(1), h52gif(1), h5perf(1) h5diff(1)