Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: System partition backup
Operating Systems Solaris System partition backup Post 302741815 by ningy on Monday 10th of December 2012 04:21:14 AM
Old 12-10-2012
i would suggest taking single user backup.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Taking System Backup

Hello Guys: Would like to know how to take an entire system backup.. Here is the entire scenario.. I am working on a system that is AIX RS6000 M80 Server. We have loaded the OS and installed all the patches and then we took an entire system backup. We also verified by restoring the same... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ST2000
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Moving a file system to a new partition

Hi everybody. My task today is to move my file system that's 98% full to a new partition slice. I think I'm pretty sure how to do it, but I just wanted to make sure, plus it's been a while since I last did one. The Let's say I have 2 disks c0t0d0 & c0t1d0 ...the file Iwant to move is in c0t0d0s5... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Remi
7 Replies

3. Solaris

System Backup

Hi All, Is it possible for us to do the Solaris system backup online without shutdown the system to another disk and if any disaster of hardware failure then we can boot the system up from the that backup disk? Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: efang
2 Replies

4. Solaris

full system backup

I have unix server with OS 5.8 ,,, I tried ufsdump 0ua -f /dev/rmt/0 / to perform full system backup on tape but I failed could any one give a procedure for full system backup on solaris machine using tapes??? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mm00123
1 Replies

5. SCO

how to backup the system?

hello friends, which are the directories and files should I backup in case of re-installation of the system? SCO OpenServer 6.0 operating system I have cdrom and floppy media regards (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Edgar Guevara
3 Replies

6. SCO

Backup MBR an Partition Table

hi How can I backup MBR an Partition Table of SCO 5.0.6? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ccc
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to make a full system backup excluding data and restoring it to a new system

Hi, In order to have a sand box machine that I could use to test some system changes before going to production state, I'd like to duplicate a working system to a virtual one. Ideally, I'd like to manage to do it this way : - Make a full system backup excluding the user file system (this... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: pagaille
7 Replies

8. Solaris

system backup

Good morning all please what is the command to take full system backup for solaris 8 & 9 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: thecobra151
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Restoring a system from a backup

I have backed up the contents of my Solaris 10 machine in its entirety, and I'm trying to figure out if I can somehow use this archive to restore my old system just as it was on a new machine. Assuming I have all files from my old machine backed up, is this possible? What I've been trying to do... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: unblockable
6 Replies

10. AIX

Cloning a system via mksysb backup from one system and restore to new system

Hello All, I am trying to clone an entire AIX virtual machine to a new virtual machine including all partitions and OS.Can anyone help me on the procedure to follow? I am not really sure on how it can be done.Thanks in advance. Please use CODE tags for sample input, sample output, and for code... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gull05
4 Replies
JSONBOT(1)							    jsb manual								JSONBOT(1)

NAME
jsb-backup - The JSONBOT backup app SYNOPSIS
jsb-backup is used to make backup of the datadir used by JSONBOT DESCRIPTION
jsb-backup does a backup of the JSONBOT datadir (defaults to ~/.jsb) to ~/jsb-backups directory. USAGE
Usage: jsb-backup [options] Options: --version show program's version number and exit -h, --help show this help message and exit -d DATADIR, --datadir=DATADIR datadir to use -t TARGET, --target=TARGET target dir -l LOGLEVEL, --loglevel=LOGLEVEL logging level --colors enable the use of colors DOCUMENTATION
See http://jsonbot.org for more documentation or see http://jsonbot.googlecode.com SEE ALSO
jsb(1), jsb-init(1), jsb-irc(1), jsb-fleet(1), jsb-sed(1), jsb-tornado(1), jsb-xmpp(1), jsb-stop(1), jsb-udp(1), jsonbot(10 AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Bart Thate <bthate@gmail.com>, for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). Debian GNU/Linux 22 Nov 2011 JSONBOT(1)