Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help to explaining a command in run dot tcl Post 302740793 by mar85 on Thursday 6th of December 2012 08:15:01 PM
Old 12-06-2012
Help to explaining a command in run dot tcl

Hi,

I'm running a rdt (run dot tcl) command, and come accross this line:
Code:
alias abc 'set ARGS =(\!*);  source home123/abc/$ARGS/setup'

What does the command exactly do?
Please help.

Last edited by Franklin52; 12-07-2012 at 10:44 AM.. Reason: Please use code tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

run tcl (please help!)

:confused: Hi !! I'm in a new system, trying to run some old scripts tcl I have. Tcl is installed (see below), and the OS is linux (see below env). All my scripts tcl begin with: #!/bin/sh # the next line restarts using tclsh \ exec tclsh "$0" "$@" 1 But they don't want to run... ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cordobapablo
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

command to list dot files

hey. i am a bit new to unix and i am trying to figure out how to list the names of the 'dot' files that are in my account. what command does this? thank you very much for your help. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jakeman1086
4 Replies

3. Linux

The dot command-line utility?

Hi, What else is the dot used beside relative filepaths in bash? Is it a shell utility as well? No man entry for dot (.)... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: varelg
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

I'm unable to run Keyed List commands(in ubuntu's terminal and Evolane Tcl Engine)

I'm trying to run these commands (keylset,keylget) but i keep getting a error message "invalid command name "keylset"". I've tried running it on both ubuntu's terminal and also Evolane Tcl Engine. Any idea what could be the problem? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abe171
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to call dot c file using system command

Hi every one, i have to dot pc files. One have main function but one dont have.I have to call dot pc file using system () cmd.File is being call have main function.Please let me know how i can call .pc file with two arguments from other dot pc file.I want some thing like sprintf(buf,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: goraya430
1 Replies

6. Programming

how to call dot c file using system command

Hi every one, i have to dot pc files. One have main function but one dont have.I have to call dot pc file using system () cmd.File is being call have main function.Please let me know how i can call .pc file with two arguments from other dot pc file.I want some thing like sprintf(buf, "ss_xxx.pc... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: goraya430
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Tcl script wont run in bash shell

Hello I'm having a problem running a TCL script in my new OpenSolaris OS. When I go to the directory containing my script called 'Install' (using the gnome terminal), it doesn't seem to be able to find it even though it lists it i.e. if I type "Inst" and hit tab to complete the word, it... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: sbsbg
11 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Dot and redirected output syntax in a tar command

Hi All, Please could anyone advise what the purpose of the dot syntax in the following command means: tar -cvf ${WORKING_BACKUP_ROOT}/${TAR_ARCHIVE_FILE} . >/${BACKUP_ROOT}/${ARCHIVE_LOG} Many thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: daveu7
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to remove a variable starting with dot using sed command

Hi, I want to remove a variable starting with dot(.) in a file using sed command. aaa sss .abc s/^\.abc/d I tried this but it didnt worked. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vdhingra123
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script for telnet and run one command kill it and run another command using while loop

( sleep 3 echo ${LOGIN} sleep 2 echo ${PSWD} sleep 2 while read line do echo "$line" PID=$? sleep 2 kill -9 $PID done < temp sleep 5 echo "exit" ) | telnet ${HOST} while is executing only command and exits. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sooda
5 Replies
GVPACK(1)						      General Commands Manual							 GVPACK(1)

NAME
gvpack - merge and pack disjoint graphs SYNOPSIS
gvpack [ -nguv? ] [ -mmargin ] [ -ooutfile ] [ -Gname=value ] [ files ] DESCRIPTION
gvpack reads in a stream of graphs, combines the graphs into a single layout, and produces a single graph serving as the union of the input graphs. The input graphs must be in dot format, and must have all necessary layout information. Acceptable input is produced by applying a Graphviz layout program, such as dot or neato, with no -T flag. By default, the packing is done at the cluster level. Thus, parts of one graph will not intrude into any top-level clusters or overlap any nodes or edges of another. The output of gvpack can be used to produce concrete output by applying neato -s -n2 with the desired -T flag. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -g Combines the graphs at the graph level. This uses more space, but prevents parts of one graph from occurring between parts of another. -Gname=value Specifies attributes to be added to the resulting union graph. For example, this can be used to specify a graph label. -mmargin Packs the graphs allowing a margin of output points around the parts. -n Combines the graphs at the node level. Clusters are ignored in the packing. -ooutput Prints output to the file output. If not given, gvpack uses stdout. -u Don't pack the graphs. Just combine them into a single graph. -v Verbose mode. -? Prints usage information and exit. OPERANDS
The following operand is supported: files Names of files containing 1 or more graphs in dot format. If no files operand is specified, the standard input will be used. RETURN CODES
gvpack returns 0 if there were no problems, and non-zero otherwise. EXAMPLES
ccomps -x abc.dot | dot | gvpack | neato -s -n2 -Tps This pipeline decomposes the graph in abc.dot into its connected components, lays out each using dot, packs them all together again, and produces the final drawing in PostScript. Of course, there is nothing to prevent one from using different layouts for each component. BUGS
All the input graphs must be directed or undirected. An input graph should not have a label, since this will be used in its layout. Since gvpack ignores root graph labels, resulting layout may contain some extra space. gvpack unsets the bounding box attribute of all non-cluster subgraphs. AUTHORS
Emden R. Gansner <erg@research.att.com> SEE ALSO
gvpr(1), dot(1), neato(1), twopi(1), ccomps(1), libpack(3) 8 April 2003 GVPACK(1)