Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Manipulating a list into a two-dimensional array Post 302740771 by jgt on Thursday 6th of December 2012 06:16:03 PM
Old 12-06-2012
If you want to use bash/ksh/sh:
Code:
while read line                    
do                                 
if [ `echo $line|cut -c1-1` =  L ] 
then                               
        hdg=$line                  
else                               
        echo $hdg,$line            
fi                                 
done <data

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reference two dimensional array in Perl sub

I am trying to reference a two dimensional array in a subroutine and can't seem to figure this one out in Perl. Does anybody know? Please enlighten me. #!/usr/bin/perl -w use constant DIM => 4; sub Shift_elements_right{ my (@Input, @Output) = @_; for ($i = 0 ; $i <= DIM ;... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: photon
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help for record (2 dimensional array.)

I am going to develop a address book using the shell scripting commands without sed, awk, .... I am thinking to apply the concept of 2 dimenstional array. Can I create a two dimensional array for the insertion/updation/deletion of record in unix. If yes then tell me plz or recommend me some... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: murtaza
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Manipulating Pick multi dimensional data with awk.

Hi. I am reasonably new to awk, but have done quite a lot of unix scripting in the past. I have resolved the issues below with unix scripting but it runs like a dog. Moved to awk for speed and functionality but running up a big learning curve in a hurry, so hope there is some help here. I... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mike.strategis
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

2 dimensional array in unix

I am trying to implementing two dimensinal array in ksh script.Would you pls help me out. I have a large size of file, File contains looks like ID SID VLAUE1 VALUE2 TOTALVALUE 1 a1 01 02 03 1 b1 02 05 07 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pritish.sas
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

PHP: Search Multi-Dimensional(nested) array and export values of currenly worked on array.

Hi All, I'm writing a nagios check that will see if our ldap servers are in sync... I got the status data into a nested array, I would like to search key of each array and if "OK" is NOT present, echo other key=>values in the current array to a variable so...eg...let take the single array... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zeekblack
1 Replies

6. Programming

C++ Segmentation error with bi-dimensional array

Hello, I'm experiencing a weird seg fault at run time when initializing a bi-dimensional array and initializing a class. Please see below code and comments describing the error and the instances when it occurs and when it does not occur. Compiled with g++ segf.cpp -o segf output On... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nmset
5 Replies

7. Programming

Return two dimensional array in c++

I am writing matrix multiplication and trying to return a two dimensional array from a function but I keep getting errors. Can someone please help me? here is my code (it is just the skeleton of my program): void main () { ... int *matmultiply (int, int, int, int , int , int ) ... } ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: saboture88
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Storing two dimensional array for postprocessing

Hi Community, Would love to get some quick help on below requirement. I am trying to process mpstat output from multiple blades of my server I would like to assign this the output to an array and then use it for post processing. How can I use a two dimensional array and assign these value ... (23 Replies)
Discussion started by: sshark
23 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multi Dimensional array

I have an array of names. Each one of the name, has a number represented to it. For example A has an ID 8, B has an ID 2. What I am after is a for loop that when the array is in position 1, a particular variable is set to the value of position 1 in array 2 declare -a arr=("A" "B" "C"... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nms
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Assign Two Dimensional Array In Bash At Once

Hi, I have a 10*10 two dimensional array. How do I assign value to all it's 100 elements at once? I don't want to open two for loops and assign one by one. Thanks, Shuri (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shurimano
1 Replies
ECHO(3) 								 1								   ECHO(3)

echo - Output one or more strings

SYNOPSIS
void echo (string $arg1, [string $...]) DESCRIPTION
Outputs all parameters. echo is not actually a function (it is a language construct), so you are not required to use parentheses with it. echo (unlike some other language constructs) does not behave like a function, so it cannot always be used in the context of a function. Additionally, if you want to pass more than one parameter to echo, the parameters must not be enclosed within parentheses. echo also has a shortcut syntax, where you can immediately follow the opening tag with an equals sign. Prior to PHP 5.4.0, this short syn- tax only works with the short_open_tag configuration setting enabled. I have <?=$foo?> foo. PARAMETERS
o $arg1 - The parameter to output. o $... - RETURN VALUES
No value is returned. EXAMPLES
Example #1 echo examples <?php echo "Hello World"; echo "This spans multiple lines. The newlines will be output as well"; echo "This spans multiple lines. The newlines will be output as well."; echo "Escaping characters is done "Like this"."; // You can use variables inside of an echo statement $foo = "foobar"; $bar = "barbaz"; echo "foo is $foo"; // foo is foobar // You can also use arrays $baz = array("value" => "foo"); echo "this is {$baz['value']} !"; // this is foo ! // Using single quotes will print the variable name, not the value echo 'foo is $foo'; // foo is $foo // If you are not using any other characters, you can just echo variables echo $foo; // foobar echo $foo,$bar; // foobarbarbaz // Some people prefer passing multiple parameters to echo over concatenation. echo 'This ', 'string ', 'was ', 'made ', 'with multiple parameters.', chr(10); echo 'This ' . 'string ' . 'was ' . 'made ' . 'with concatenation.' . " "; echo <<<END This uses the "here document" syntax to output multiple lines with $variable interpolation. Note that the here document terminator must appear on a line with just a semicolon. no extra whitespace! END; // Because echo does not behave like a function, the following code is invalid. ($some_var) ? echo 'true' : echo 'false'; // However, the following examples will work: ($some_var) ? print 'true' : print 'false'; // print is also a construct, but // it behaves like a function, so // it may be used in this context. echo $some_var ? 'true': 'false'; // changing the statement around ?> NOTES
Note Because this is a language construct and not a function, it cannot be called using variable functions. SEE ALSO
print(3), printf(3), flush(3), Heredoc syntax. PHP Documentation Group ECHO(3)