Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming awk script for automating the other commercial software command lines Post 302738551 by Don Cragun on Saturday 1st of December 2012 10:52:24 PM
Old 12-01-2012
Since bash seems to be your login shell, there should be one or more lines in one of the three files:
Code:
$HOME/.bash_profile
$HOME/.bash_login
    or
$HOME/.profile

that starts with:
Code:
export PATH=

or a line that starts with
Code:
PATH=

and another line that starts with
Code:
export

and contains PATH in the list of words following export. For each of these three files that contains a command that sets PATH, comment out those lines by inserting an octothorpe (#) at the start of the line and add the following line after the first newly commented line:
Code:
export PATH=/usr/kerberos/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin:/home/Balaji/Desktop/grace-5.1.12/src:/home/Balaji/Desktop/smap_v2_0:/home/Balaji/Desktop/weblogo:/home/Balaji/Desktop/openeye_progrms/openeye/bin:/home/Balaji/vmd-1.9.1/bin/vmd:/home/Balaji/bin:/home/Balaji/moe2011/bin

This should just need to be done in one of the above three files, but I have no idea how you have set up your environment. After editing those three files:
  1. Log out,
  2. log in again, and
  3. try running the command:
    Code:
    ksh eon_run.sh

again.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to run awk command having multiple lines

Hi, Can u see the code below. set xyz = `cat testt1.txt | awk '/-----/{\ print $1 }\ ' | tail -1` I need to execute it in c shell . What is wrong with the above command. When i write everything on a single line then it is working. Can anybody help me . (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nani_g
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automating Logform Command in a script

Hi all I am trying to create a script to automate the creating of filesystems. The problem I am having is as follows:- After creating the Log Logical Volume, I want to format it, using the logform command. The Logform command expects user intervention, by typing 'y' and 'enter' to continue.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: TheDoc
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk/sed Command : Parse parameter file / send the lines to the ksh export command

Sorry for the duplicate thread this one is similar to the one in https://www.unix.com/shell-programming-scripting/88132-awk-sed-script-read-values-parameter-files.html#post302255121 Since there were no responses on the parent thread since it got resolved partially i thought to open the new... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajan_san
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automating 'newgrp' command - how?

Hi, I have to add the 'newgrp' command to my login (.cshrc) script. The problem is that if I add it, it comes to infinite look, since newgrp opens new shell again and again. How to automate the newgrp when I have to login, and avoid that loop? Currently I'm thinking of a condition that... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: moshmosh
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command in script gives error while same awk command at prompt runs fine: Why?

Hello all, Here is what my bash script does: sums number columns, saves the tot in new column, outputs if tot >= threshold val: > cat getnon0file.sh #!/bin/bash this="getnon0file.sh" USAGE=$this" InFile="xyz.38" Min="0.05" # awk '{sum=0; for(n=2; n<=NF; n++){sum+=$n};... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: catalys
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK Command to duplicate lines in a file?

Hi, I have a file with date in it like: UserString1 UserString2 UserString3 UserString4 UserString5 I need two entries for each line so it reads like UserString1 UserString1 UserString2 UserString2 etc. Can someone help me with the awk command please? Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Grueben
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issues with automating SFTP command

Hi All, I am currently looking at automating the steps that I follow to download log files from putty to desktop. I connect to a client's machine through citrix desktop. I am required to download quite a number of application logs to identfiy the issues in production. Steps that is being... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: krackjack84
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to find seq lines

I have a below file FILE.cfg JAN_01 VAR1=4 VAR2=SUM VAR3=PRIVATE JAN_10 VAR1=44 VAR2=GUN VAR3=NATUR JAN_20 VAR1=3 VAR2=TQN VAR3=COMMA code: (JAN_10 is argument passed from script) (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Roozo
6 Replies

9. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Automating an UNIX Based Software Package on Windows

The company I am with is using Oracle Supply Chain Planing 8.12.1 with JDE 8.12. This is a Unix based system running on Windows Servers using Hummingbird Exceed Version 14 for interactive processing We are currently attempting to automate the Advance Planning Agent flows on a couple of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pfaloney
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to put the command to remove duplicate lines in my awk script?

I create a CGI in bash/html. My awk script looks like : echo "<table>" for fn in /var/www/cgi-bin/LPAR_MAP/*; do echo "<td>" echo "<PRE>" awk -F',|;' -v test="$test" ' NR==1 { split(FILENAME ,a,""); } $0 ~ test { if(!header++){ ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tim2424
12 Replies
WHICH(1)						      General Commands Manual							  WHICH(1)

NAME
which - shows the full path of (shell) commands. SYNOPSIS
which [options] [--] programname [...] DESCRIPTION
Which takes one or more arguments. For each of its arguments it prints to stdout the full path of the executables that would have been exe- cuted when this argument had been entered at the shell prompt. It does this by searching for an executable or script in the directories listed in the environment variable PATH using the same algorithm as bash(1). This man page is generated from the file which.texinfo. OPTIONS
--all, -a Print all matching executables in PATH, not just the first. --read-alias, -i Read aliases from stdin, reporting matching ones on stdout. This is useful in combination with using an alias for which itself. For example alias which='alias | which -i'. --skip-alias Ignore option `--read-alias', if any. This is useful to explicity search for normal binaries, while using the `--read-alias' option in an alias or function for which. --read-functions Read shell function definitions from stdin, reporting matching ones on stdout. This is useful in combination with using a shell func- tion for which itself. For example: which() { declare -f | which --read-functions $@ } export -f which --skip-functions Ignore option `--read-functions', if any. This is useful to explicity search for normal binaries, while using the `--read-functions' option in an alias or function for which. --skip-dot Skip directories in PATH that start with a dot. --skip-tilde Skip directories in PATH that start with a tilde and executables which reside in the HOME directory. --show-dot If a directory in PATH starts with a dot and a matching executable was found for that path, then print "./programname" rather than the full path. --show-tilde Output a tilde when a directory matches the HOME directory. This option is ignored when which is invoked as root. --tty-only Stop processing options on the right if not on tty. --version,-v,-V Print version information on standard output then exit successfully. --help Print usage information on standard output then exit successfully. RETURN VALUE
Which returns the number of failed arguments, or -1 when no `programname' was given. EXAMPLE
The recommended way to use this utility is by adding an alias (C shell) or shell function (Bourne shell) for which like the following: [ba]sh: which () { (alias; declare -f) | /usr/bin/which --tty-only --read-alias --read-functions --show-tilde --show-dot $@ } export -f which [t]csh: alias which 'alias | /usr/bin/which --tty-only --read-alias --show-dot --show-tilde' This will print the readable ~/ and ./ when starting which from your prompt, while still printing the full path when used from a script: > which q2 ~/bin/q2 > echo `which q2` /home/carlo/bin/q2 BUGS
The HOME directory is determined by looking for the HOME environment variable, which aborts when this variable doesn't exist. Which will consider two equivalent directories to be different when one of them contains a path with a symbolic link. AUTHOR
Carlo Wood <carlo@gnu.org> SEE ALSO
bash(1) WHICH(1)