Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming awk script for automating the other commercial software command lines Post 302738425 by bala06 on Saturday 1st of December 2012 11:03:47 AM
Old 12-01-2012
awk script for automating the other commercial software command lines

Dear All

I need awk script to automated the other software command lines.

I am having input files like "shape_eon_input_1.oeb.gz" to "shape_eon_input_968.oeb.gz" total of 968 files.

For each files i have to run command line "
Code:
eon -dbase shape_eon_input_1.oeb.gz -besthits 47000 -prefix Eon-1

I have to run individually 968 times for each file.

Is it possible to automate the command using awk script, such that

for 2nd file it takes command as
Code:
eon -dbase shape_eon_input_2.oeb.gz -besthits 47000 -prefix Eon-2

for 3rd file
Code:
eon -dbase shape_eon_input_3.oeb.gz -besthits 47000 -prefix Eon-3

and for 100th file
Code:
eon -dbase shape_eon_input_100.oeb.gz -besthits 47000 -prefix Eon-100

Kindly advice.

Many Thanks
Balaji

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to run awk command having multiple lines

Hi, Can u see the code below. set xyz = `cat testt1.txt | awk '/-----/{\ print $1 }\ ' | tail -1` I need to execute it in c shell . What is wrong with the above command. When i write everything on a single line then it is working. Can anybody help me . (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nani_g
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automating Logform Command in a script

Hi all I am trying to create a script to automate the creating of filesystems. The problem I am having is as follows:- After creating the Log Logical Volume, I want to format it, using the logform command. The Logform command expects user intervention, by typing 'y' and 'enter' to continue.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: TheDoc
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk/sed Command : Parse parameter file / send the lines to the ksh export command

Sorry for the duplicate thread this one is similar to the one in https://www.unix.com/shell-programming-scripting/88132-awk-sed-script-read-values-parameter-files.html#post302255121 Since there were no responses on the parent thread since it got resolved partially i thought to open the new... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajan_san
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automating 'newgrp' command - how?

Hi, I have to add the 'newgrp' command to my login (.cshrc) script. The problem is that if I add it, it comes to infinite look, since newgrp opens new shell again and again. How to automate the newgrp when I have to login, and avoid that loop? Currently I'm thinking of a condition that... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: moshmosh
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command in script gives error while same awk command at prompt runs fine: Why?

Hello all, Here is what my bash script does: sums number columns, saves the tot in new column, outputs if tot >= threshold val: > cat getnon0file.sh #!/bin/bash this="getnon0file.sh" USAGE=$this" InFile="xyz.38" Min="0.05" # awk '{sum=0; for(n=2; n<=NF; n++){sum+=$n};... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: catalys
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK Command to duplicate lines in a file?

Hi, I have a file with date in it like: UserString1 UserString2 UserString3 UserString4 UserString5 I need two entries for each line so it reads like UserString1 UserString1 UserString2 UserString2 etc. Can someone help me with the awk command please? Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Grueben
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issues with automating SFTP command

Hi All, I am currently looking at automating the steps that I follow to download log files from putty to desktop. I connect to a client's machine through citrix desktop. I am required to download quite a number of application logs to identfiy the issues in production. Steps that is being... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: krackjack84
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to find seq lines

I have a below file FILE.cfg JAN_01 VAR1=4 VAR2=SUM VAR3=PRIVATE JAN_10 VAR1=44 VAR2=GUN VAR3=NATUR JAN_20 VAR1=3 VAR2=TQN VAR3=COMMA code: (JAN_10 is argument passed from script) (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Roozo
6 Replies

9. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Automating an UNIX Based Software Package on Windows

The company I am with is using Oracle Supply Chain Planing 8.12.1 with JDE 8.12. This is a Unix based system running on Windows Servers using Hummingbird Exceed Version 14 for interactive processing We are currently attempting to automate the Advance Planning Agent flows on a couple of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pfaloney
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to put the command to remove duplicate lines in my awk script?

I create a CGI in bash/html. My awk script looks like : echo "<table>" for fn in /var/www/cgi-bin/LPAR_MAP/*; do echo "<td>" echo "<PRE>" awk -F',|;' -v test="$test" ' NR==1 { split(FILENAME ,a,""); } $0 ~ test { if(!header++){ ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tim2424
12 Replies
DIALTEST(8)						      System Manager's Manual						       DIALTEST(8)

NAME
dialtest - HylaFAX dial string processing rules test program SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/dialtest [ options ] dialrules DESCRIPTION
dialtest is an interactive program for the testing and development of dial string processing rules used by HylaFAX. dialtest reads the file of rules specified on the command line and then prompts for a dial string. For each string typed in, dialtest prints the result of applying the canonicalization and dial-string preparation rule sets. A rule set whose name is setname can be specified by typing ``set- name(string)''; for example, ``CanonicalName(+1.415.965.7824)''. Note that dialtest reads the rules file only when it is initially started up. This means that dialtest must be restarted for it to apply changes to a rules file. OPTIONS
-a code Use code as the value of AreaCode in the rules file. The default area code is ``415''. -c code Use code as the value of CountryCode in the rules file. The default country code is ``1''. -i prefix Use prefix as the value of InternationalPrefix in the rules file. The default international dialing prefix is ``011''. -l prefix Use prefix as the value of LongDistancePrefix in the rules file. The default long distance dialing prefix is ``1''. -q Be quiet, suppressing most all output except for the actual results. This is useful for using dialtest in an automated fashion. -v Print each input line before displaying the results of applying the dial string rules to the input string. This can be useful, for example, in shell scripts. SEE ALSO
dialrules(5) March 3, 1995 DIALTEST(8)