Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Always pass SIGINT in ksh
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Always pass SIGINT in ksh Post 302738165 by Corona688 on Friday 30th of November 2012 12:54:45 PM
Old 11-30-2012
You could try something like this, but as warned the output may not be useful in anthing but a shell.
Code:
command > logfile &
sleep 1
kill -INT $!
sleep 1
kill $!
wait

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pass variable to SQLPLUS in a ksh script?

Hi, I am writing a ksh script which will use sqlplus to run a sql and pass 2 variables as the SQL request. In the ksh script, I have 2 variables which are $min_snap and $max_snap holding 2 different numbers. Inside the same script, I am using SQLPLUS to run an Oracle SQL script,... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rwunwla
6 Replies

2. Programming

Problem with handling SIGINT

For a program I am designing, which involves handling the keyboard input Ctrl^c (SIGINT), it is taking ages for the program to actually recognise and perform the corresponding action whenever I run it and hit Ctrl^C at the CL. I have to do at least 3 Ctrl^Cs before the program will actually... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: JamesGoh
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pass ksh array to oracle

Hi all.. Does anyone know have an example of passing the contents of a ksharray to oracle? basically I am looking to loop through the contents of a file and store each line into a bash ksh. Once i have this I can then pass the array into an oracle procedure that accepts an array as an... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kiranlalka
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh variable pass to awk

I'm trying to store the response from a nawk command inside of a ksh script. The command is: text=$(nawk -F: '$1 ~ /${imgArray}/ {print $2}' ${etcDir}/captions.txt) From what I can tell, the imgArray variable is not being expanding when it is inside the single quote ('). Is there something I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: meman1188
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

AIX ksh: how to pass variable to host shell

I have a script that "runs" a script. For example: ./runscript.ksh pcnmc01.ksh runscript puts pcnmc01.ksh into the background with log output going to the logfile. After executing the command, I get this output: Running script in the background: pcnmc01.ksh Logfile:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Eben Yong
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pass a DDL statement to a KSH script

I need to pass a DDL statement into a ksh script & parse the statement. What is the best way to pass a DDL statement into a KSH script. ---------- Post updated at 09:28 AM ---------- Previous update was at 07:35 AM ---------- if the name of the script is test.ksh test.ksh "ALTER TABLE... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: gayathree
12 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SIGINT issue

May i know what are the possible causes for SIGINT other than ctrl-c? Thanks (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: pandeesh
17 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to pass a parameter to an alias in ksh?

I want to do something like this: alias cd2="cd /data_saves/$(/opt/bin/util/getcustdb -i $@)" Where /opt/bin/util/getcustdb is an inhouse script to lookup customer db name based on a provided id number Then when I use the alias I can cd2 4567 and have it run "/opt/bin/util/getcustdb -i... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: JourneyRider
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh script trying to pass a variable to edit a file

I'm trying to create a ksh script that will ask the user for the port number. $PORT1 is the variable I want to use that will contain whatever numbers the user inputs. The script would edit ports.txt file, search and delete "./serv 110.1.0.1.$PORT1 200;=3" . So if the user types 50243 then the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: seekryts15
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pass and read an array in ksh shell script function.?

I'm able to read & print an array in varaible called "filelist" I need to pass this array variable to a function called verify() and then read and loop through the passed array inside the function. Unfortunately it does not print the entire array from inside the funstion's loop. #/bin/ksh... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
5 Replies