Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Postgres in Linux
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Postgres in Linux Post 302737885 by michaelrozar17 on Friday 30th of November 2012 01:11:49 AM
Old 11-30-2012
The long run of the script has little to do with Linux, i believe you need to tune your SQL's. You could create function based index on the timestamp column in Oracle DB, similarly you can create index on expressions in Postgres.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how will i connect postgres database from unix shell script

I have got the solution so just closing this issue. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jambesh
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Postgres : pg_dump Error

hi friends, i have script to take backup of postgresql server ....i am getting error like access denied myscript.sh sendEmail=/home/backup/scripts/sendEmail.pl DAY=`/bin/date +%d-%m-%y` DIR=/home/backup/psql/$DAY test -d $DIR | mkdir -p $DIR dblist="test test1 postgres" for db in... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jagnikam
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Backup-Script for Postgres

Hi, I'm working with postgres. Now I found a script to backup my databases. # #!/bin/bash # # # setup environment PG_PORT=5432 PG_HOME=/usr/lib/postgresql/8.3 PG_VAR=/backup PG_DATA=/backup/data PG_BACKUPS=/backup/backup PG_LOGS=/backup/logs ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: karl_ha
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

testing postgres connection in shell script

I have a script that does db query in postgres. I'm trying to put in some error checking in the script. I keep running into the password prompt problem where when invalid credentials/or database is put it, it would prompt me for a password which hangs the script. Is there a way that I can check for... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: zerofire123
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to write cron job for calling sql function database is postgres

Hi, Please help me to write cron job for calling sql function daily. I have Postgres database. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kulbhushan
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

help copy *.txt to postgres

hi all, a have problem to load *.txt to postgres my database: id_list_ip (nextval) list_ip (varchar) txt file (list_ip.txt) hasilping_10.8.248.1 hasilping_119.110.112.226 hasilping_119.110.125.33 hasilping_125.22.1.25 hasilping_192.168.2.1 hasilping_202.73.96.70 script... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: adi0926
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to set postgres process in monit file?

Dear Friends, I need to add the postgres process in monit file ( Debian machine ). How to add that process in monit?. If anyone know the solution for this, pls let me know. ---------- Post updated at 02:27 PM ---------- Previous update was at 12:21 PM ---------- I have found the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rekha_sri
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script for removing Postgres

I made a script to remove Postgres if this is already installed on your system. I have a other script to install Postgres, so this script can be used before you going to install Postgres. Do you like this script? I would love to hear feedback. #!/bin/bash # #################################... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dannyvdberg
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using shell scripting for making queries on postgres sql

I have a situation where I have a list of airplanes that make a series of flights. Therefore I am looking up the different flights that each airplane makes based on a postgres sql query: select flightid from plane where airplane='DELTAx' As a result I get a series of flight numbers... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: JSNY
0 Replies
Jifty::DBI::Handle::Pg(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			       Jifty::DBI::Handle::Pg(3pm)

NAME
Jifty::DBI::Handle::Pg - A Postgres specific Handle object SYNOPSIS
DESCRIPTION
This module provides a subclass of Jifty::DBI::Handle that compensates for some of the idiosyncrasies of Postgres. METHODS
connect connect takes a hashref and passes it off to SUPER::connect; Forces the timezone to GMT, returns a database handle. insert Takes a table name as the first argument and assumes that the rest of the arguments are an array of key-value pairs to be inserted. In case of insert failure, returns a Class::ReturnValue object preloaded with error info id_sequence_name TABLE Takes a TABLE name and returns the name of the sequence of the primary key for that table. blob_params column_NAME column_type Returns a hash ref for the bind_param call to identify BLOB types used by the current database for a particular column type. The current Postgres implementation only supports BYTEA types. apply_limits STATEMENTREF ROWS_PER_PAGE FIRST_ROW takes an SQL SELECT statement and massages it to return ROWS_PER_PAGE starting with FIRST_ROW; _make_clause_case_insensitive column operator VALUE Takes a column, operator and value. performs the magic necessary to make your database treat this clause as case insensitive. Returns a column operator value triple. distinct_query STATEMENTREF takes an incomplete SQL SELECT statement and massages it to return a DISTINCT result set. canonical_true The canonical true value in Postgres is 't'. canonical_false The canonical false value in Postgres is 'f'. SEE ALSO
Jifty::DBI, Jifty::DBI::Handle, DBD::Pg perl v5.14.2 2011-04-26 Jifty::DBI::Handle::Pg(3pm)