Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Decimal number calculation problem Post 302737323 by Devesh5683 on Wednesday 28th of November 2012 07:27:15 PM
Old 11-28-2012
Thanks bipinajith, Corona688 for the reply.
The code I pasted is collecting data and processing millions of records, its displaying negative zero in very few cases where result of the formula is zero. I want result to be displayed up to 2 decimal places, hence using %d is not an option as suggested. I am trying to understand suggestion by Corona, if you can please give me an example so that I can implement same in the code.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

need help converting string to number for calculation

I've searched the forum and google, but can't see an answer to this simple problem. Here's my small test script: #!/bin/csh echo "enter a number:" read num echo "you entered $num" set num = `expr $num + 1` echo new value is $num can someone show me how to do this calculation? note that... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tpatput
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

decimal calculation

Hi am calculating the percentage of the pass and fail. Pass: echo `echo 1498*100/1667| bc`% fail: echo `echo 169*100/1667 | bc`% for this am getting PASS= 89% fail =10 % I need to fetch the exact decimal percentage like PASS = 89.8 % FAIL= 10.2 % Please advice me (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobprabhu
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Test decimal number

Hi, I would like test if a number is a decimal number or not (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: francis_tom
9 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Average calculation based on number of rows

Dear users, I need your support, I have a file like this: 272134.548 6680572.715 272134.545 6680572.711 272134.546 6680572.713 272134.548 6680572.706 272134.545 6680572.721 272134.543 6680572.710 272134.544 6680572.715 272134.543 6680572.705 272134.540 6680572.720 272134.544... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gery
10 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Add zero in decimal number

echo "scale=2; 282.73/640" | bc This will print .44 How to make the variable as 0.44 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandy1028
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

KSH SHELL: problem calculation number of lines inside compressed file

Hi Gurus, I am working with a korn shell script to simplify some operations of calculation number of lines inside compressed file. The called function (inside a cycle) is the following: ######################################### # F.ne: CheckCount #########################################... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: GERMANICO
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

number of digits after decimal

Hi All, I have a file of decimal numbers, cat file1.txt 1.1382666907 1.2603107334 1.6118799297 24.4995857056 494.7632588468 560.7633734425 ..... I want to see the output as only 7 digits after decimal (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: senayasma
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Matching a decimal number?

Hi everyone! Easy question for everyone. I'm trying to run a command line to find an exact match of a decimal number within a file. The number can be a positive OR negative number. For instance, if I want to find only the number -1 in the file that has: -17.6 -17 -16.3 -16.2 -15.7 -15.3... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: lucshi09
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Percentage Calculation in Decimal

Hi, I have two variable and I need to calculate the percentage of them. Example: (b-a)*100/b How can I do it? I need to do it till 2 decimal point. (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anupam_Halder
16 Replies
BN_add(3openssl)						      OpenSSL							  BN_add(3openssl)

NAME
BN_add, BN_sub, BN_mul, BN_sqr, BN_div, BN_mod, BN_nnmod, BN_mod_add, BN_mod_sub, BN_mod_mul, BN_mod_sqr, BN_exp, BN_mod_exp, BN_gcd - arithmetic operations on BIGNUMs SYNOPSIS
#include <openssl/bn.h> int BN_add(BIGNUM *r, const BIGNUM *a, const BIGNUM *b); int BN_sub(BIGNUM *r, const BIGNUM *a, const BIGNUM *b); int BN_mul(BIGNUM *r, BIGNUM *a, BIGNUM *b, BN_CTX *ctx); int BN_sqr(BIGNUM *r, BIGNUM *a, BN_CTX *ctx); int BN_div(BIGNUM *dv, BIGNUM *rem, const BIGNUM *a, const BIGNUM *d, BN_CTX *ctx); int BN_mod(BIGNUM *rem, const BIGNUM *a, const BIGNUM *m, BN_CTX *ctx); int BN_nnmod(BIGNUM *r, const BIGNUM *a, const BIGNUM *m, BN_CTX *ctx); int BN_mod_add(BIGNUM *r, BIGNUM *a, BIGNUM *b, const BIGNUM *m, BN_CTX *ctx); int BN_mod_sub(BIGNUM *r, BIGNUM *a, BIGNUM *b, const BIGNUM *m, BN_CTX *ctx); int BN_mod_mul(BIGNUM *r, BIGNUM *a, BIGNUM *b, const BIGNUM *m, BN_CTX *ctx); int BN_mod_sqr(BIGNUM *r, BIGNUM *a, const BIGNUM *m, BN_CTX *ctx); int BN_exp(BIGNUM *r, BIGNUM *a, BIGNUM *p, BN_CTX *ctx); int BN_mod_exp(BIGNUM *r, BIGNUM *a, const BIGNUM *p, const BIGNUM *m, BN_CTX *ctx); int BN_gcd(BIGNUM *r, BIGNUM *a, BIGNUM *b, BN_CTX *ctx); DESCRIPTION
BN_add() adds a and b and places the result in r (r=a+b). r may be the same BIGNUM as a or b. BN_sub() subtracts b from a and places the result in r (r=a-b). BN_mul() multiplies a and b and places the result in r (r=a*b). r may be the same BIGNUM as a or b. For multiplication by powers of 2, use BN_lshift(3). BN_sqr() takes the square of a and places the result in r (r=a^2). r and a may be the same BIGNUM. This function is faster than BN_mul(r,a,a). BN_div() divides a by d and places the result in dv and the remainder in rem (dv=a/d, rem=a%d). Either of dv and rem may be NULL, in which case the respective value is not returned. The result is rounded towards zero; thus if a is negative, the remainder will be zero or nega- tive. For division by powers of 2, use BN_rshift(3). BN_mod() corresponds to BN_div() with dv set to NULL. BN_nnmod() reduces a modulo m and places the non-negative remainder in r. BN_mod_add() adds a to b modulo m and places the non-negative result in r. BN_mod_sub() subtracts b from a modulo m and places the non-negative result in r. BN_mod_mul() multiplies a by b and finds the non-negative remainder respective to modulus m (r=(a*b) mod m). r may be the same BIGNUM as a or b. For more efficient algorithms for repeated computations using the same modulus, see BN_mod_mul_montgomery(3) and BN_mod_mul_recipro- cal(3). BN_mod_sqr() takes the square of a modulo m and places the result in r. BN_exp() raises a to the p-th power and places the result in r (r=a^p). This function is faster than repeated applications of BN_mul(). BN_mod_exp() computes a to the p-th power modulo m (r=a^p % m). This function uses less time and space than BN_exp(). BN_gcd() computes the greatest common divisor of a and b and places the result in r. r may be the same BIGNUM as a or b. For all functions, ctx is a previously allocated BN_CTX used for temporary variables; see BN_CTX_new(3). Unless noted otherwise, the result BIGNUM must be different from the arguments. RETURN VALUES
For all functions, 1 is returned for success, 0 on error. The return value should always be checked (e.g., if (!BN_add(r,a,b)) goto err;). The error codes can be obtained by ERR_get_error(3). SEE ALSO
bn(3), ERR_get_error(3), BN_CTX_new(3), BN_add_word(3), BN_set_bit(3) HISTORY
BN_add(), BN_sub(), BN_sqr(), BN_div(), BN_mod(), BN_mod_mul(), BN_mod_exp() and BN_gcd() are available in all versions of SSLeay and OpenSSL. The ctx argument to BN_mul() was added in SSLeay 0.9.1b. BN_exp() appeared in SSLeay 0.9.0. BN_nnmod(), BN_mod_add(), BN_mod_sub(), and BN_mod_sqr() were added in OpenSSL 0.9.7. OpenSSL-0.9.8 Oct 11 2005 BN_add(3openssl)