Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Why Do You Need the Explicit Pathname to Execute? Post 302737303 by Yoda on Wednesday 28th of November 2012 05:30:22 PM
Old 11-28-2012
I think the reason is because current directory is missing in the PATH variable value. Add current directory and retry:-
Code:
export PATH="$PATH:."

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

find without pathname

How can I get the results of a find back without the pathname for example if i do find ../../ -name \*.sql i dont want to see directory/directory/filename.sql I only want to see filename.sql (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: MBGPS
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting pathname variables with ksh

With C Shell you can get the root, head, tail and extension of a pathname by using pathname variable modifiers. Example Script: #! /bin/csh set pathvar=/home/WSJ091305.txt echo $pathvar:r echo $pathvar:h echo $pathvar:t echo $pathvar:e The result of executing this script is: ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: BCarlson
7 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

connection to localhost:10.0 host broken (explicit kill or server shutdown)

Hi All, We use tomcat web server and it will get terminated with below error: connection to localhost:10.0 host broken (explicit kill or server shutdown) Please let me know how to fix this error. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bache_gowda
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

finding pathname for directory

Hi Could someone help me? I'm not sure how to find the full pathname of a directory. I just want to be able to specify a directory. e.g directory1/directory2/directory3/directory4/directory5 I want to be able to put in "directory5" and then i want a return of the full address. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shomila_a
3 Replies

5. Cybersecurity

IPF pass in connection to port 21 even with no explicit rule

I'm running IPF on solaris 10 bash-3.00# ipf -V #display ipf version ipf: IP Filter: v4.1.9 (592) Kernel: IP Filter: v4.1.9 Running: yes Log Flags: 0 = none set Default: pass all, Logging: available Active list: 1 Feature mask: 0x107 with the following rules bash-3.00# ipfstat -o -i... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: h@foorsa.biz
0 Replies

6. AIX

X connection to localhost:10.0 broken (explicit kill or server shutdown)

I want to run applet on AIX 6 machine. I already have setup $DISPLAY variable for putty session by selecting X11 option. I got below error for any X related commands (xclock, X, applet viewer ) X connection to localhost:10.0 broken (explicit kill or server shutdown). Please can anyone... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kailas.girase
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl : Global symbol requires explicit package name Error while executing

I have executed the below perl script for copying the file from one server to another server using scp. #!/usr/bin/perl -w use Net::SCP::Expect; use strict; $server= "x.x.x.x"; my $source = "/mypath/mypath"; my $destination = "/home/"; print "Login...Starting scp..."; $user="admin";... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: scriptscript
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

SSH shell script to access FTP over explicit TLS/SSL

Hello, I use the following SSH script to upload *.jpg files via FTP: #!/usr/bin/expect set timeout -1 spawn ftp -v -i expect "" send "\r" expect "Password:" send "\r" expect "ftp>" send "mput *.jpg\r" expect "ftp>" send "quit\r" replaced with actual ftp server/account data. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrpi007
5 Replies

9. IP Networking

Add explicit route

Add explicit route to 10.128.255.41/32 , gateway: 10.128.201.254 if not working, please try gateway through management port: 10.128.55.254 Just want to double confirm if this would be the correct command #route add -net 10.128.255.41/32 10.128.201.254 And if didnt work #route add... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Thilagarajan
1 Replies
Env(3pm)						 Perl Programmers Reference Guide						  Env(3pm)

NAME
Env - perl module that imports environment variables as scalars or arrays SYNOPSIS
use Env; use Env qw(PATH HOME TERM); use Env qw($SHELL @LD_LIBRARY_PATH); DESCRIPTION
Perl maintains environment variables in a special hash named %ENV. For when this access method is inconvenient, the Perl module "Env" allows environment variables to be treated as scalar or array variables. The "Env::import()" function ties environment variables with suitable names to global Perl variables with the same names. By default it ties all existing environment variables ("keys %ENV") to scalars. If the "import" function receives arguments, it takes them to be a list of variables to tie; it's okay if they don't yet exist. The scalar type prefix '$' is inferred for any element of this list not prefixed by '$' or '@'. Arrays are implemented in terms of "split" and "join", using $Config::Config{path_sep} as the delimiter. After an environment variable is tied, merely use it like a normal variable. You may access its value @path = split(/:/, $PATH); print join(" ", @LD_LIBRARY_PATH), " "; or modify it $PATH .= ":."; push @LD_LIBRARY_PATH, $dir; however you'd like. Bear in mind, however, that each access to a tied array variable requires splitting the environment variable's string anew. The code: use Env qw(@PATH); push @PATH, '.'; is equivalent to: use Env qw(PATH); $PATH .= ":."; except that if $ENV{PATH} started out empty, the second approach leaves it with the (odd) value "":."", but the first approach leaves it with ""."". To remove a tied environment variable from the environment, assign it the undefined value undef $PATH; undef @LD_LIBRARY_PATH; LIMITATIONS
On VMS systems, arrays tied to environment variables are read-only. Attempting to change anything will cause a warning. AUTHOR
Chip Salzenberg <chip@fin.uucp> and Gregor N. Purdy <gregor@focusresearch.com> perl v5.8.0 2002-06-01 Env(3pm)