Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to obtain a day of the week from the date? Post 302737009 by baranisachin on Wednesday 28th of November 2012 10:02:28 AM
Old 11-28-2012
How to obtain a day of the week from the date?

I have a date in format YYYYMMDD, i need to get the day of the week from the given date. I am working in AIX system.

---------- Post updated at 09:59 AM ---------- Previous update was at 09:57 AM ----------

Tried to post sum of the thread's link from which i tried, but de rules didnt allow me to post them!!!

Last edited by baranisachin; 11-28-2012 at 11:16 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Yesterday's Day of week

I need o get yesterday's day of week but im not exactly sure. the actual name is what i want. I can do it with numbers but im not sure with words. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rcunn87
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to find Day of the Week from the given date (Perl)?

How to find the Day of the Week of the given Date using perl? If I have a date in YYY--MM-DD format, how to find the DOW? Based on that, I need to find the following sunday. Pls help. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: deepakwins
5 Replies

3. HP-UX

Get Day of Week from date

Hi All, I have date in string format 'YYYY-MM-DD'. I want to know day of the week for this date. Example. For '2005-08-21' my script should return '0' or Sunday For '2005-08-22' it should return '1' or Monday I want piece of code for HP-UX korn shell. Appreciate reply on this. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vpapaiya
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Function to get day of week from YYYY-MM-DD date

Can't find out how to get the day of the week from a given date, anyone got a code snippet that could help please? Ta!! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: couponmeup
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Day of the week from a string

Hi All, I need to know how to derive the day of the week by passing the value in following format: Feb 28 2010 The output I'm expecting is Sunday or Sun. I know, I can use the following code to get the day of the week. date +%a But I want to pass the value as a string. Please help... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: shash
11 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to obtain date and day of the week from `date` command

Hi, does anybody know how to format `date` command correctly to return the day of the week? Thanks -A I work in ksh.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aoussenko
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding Day of the week from date

I have a problem of Finding Day of the week from date, but i need to do it within awk On SOLARIS Input:20101007(YYYYMMDD) Output:Thursday kindly provide suggestions. Thanks in advance (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: junaid.nehvi
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to add day of week at the end of each line that shows the date?

I have a file that looks like: file1: www_blank_com 20121008153552 www_blank_com 20121008162542 www_blank_com 20121009040540 www_blank_com 20121009041542 www_blank_com 20121010113548 www_blank_com 20121011113551 www_blank_com 20121012113542 I want the new file to show the day of... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: castrojc
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get the consecutive last 10 week day date using UNIX ksh shell scripting?

Hi, i am writing a ksh shell script to check the last month end date whether it is falling in last 10 week day date, I am not sure How to use "Mr. Perderabo's date calculator", Could you Please let me know how to use to get my requirement, I tried my own script but duplicate week day and... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthikram
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get the week's day

Hi All, I have the below requirement , if i give the week number for ex 41 i need to get the date for Monday and thursday for this given week. my expected output is 13/10/2014 (Monday's date) and 16/10/2014 (Thursday's date) I am using GNU LINUX . Pls help me with your thoughts. Thanks in... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohanalakshmi
7 Replies
langinfo.h(3HEAD)						      Headers							 langinfo.h(3HEAD)

NAME
langinfo.h, langinfo - language information constants SYNOPSIS
#include <langinfo.h> DESCRIPTION
The <langinfo.h> header contains the constants used to identify items of langinfo data (see nl_langinfo(3C)). The type of the constant, nl_item, is defined as described in <nl_types.h>. The following constants are defined. The entries under Category indicate in which setlocale(3C) category each item is defined. Constant Category Meaning CODESET LC_CTYPE codeset name D_T_FMT LC_TIME string for formatting date and time D_FMT LC_TIME date format string T_FMT LC_TIME time format string T_FMT_AMPM LC_TIME a.m. or p.m. time format string AM_STR LC_TIME ante-meridiem affix PM_STR LC_TIME post-meridiem affix DAY_1 LC_TIME name of the first day of the week (for example, Sunday) DAY_2 LC_TIME name of the second day of the week (for example, Monday) DAY_3 LC_TIME name of the third day of the week (for example, Tuesday) DAY_4 LC_TIME name of the fourth day of the week (for example, Wednesday) DAY_5 LC_TIME name of the fifth day of the week (for example, Thursday) DAY_6 LC_TIME name of the sixth day of the week (for example, Friday) DAY_7 LC_TIME name of the seventh day of the week (for example, Saturday) ABDAY_1 LC_TIME abbreviated name of the first day of the week ABDAY_2 LC_TIME abbreviated name of the second day of the week ABDAY_3 LC_TIME abbreviated name of the third day of the week ABDAY_4 LC_TIME abbreviated name of the fourth day of the week ABDAY_5 LC_TIME abbreviated name of the fifth day of the week ABDAY_6 LC_TIME abbreviated name of the seventh day of the week ABDAY_7 LC_TIME abbreviated name of the seventh day of the week MON_1 LC_TIME name of the first month of the year MON_2 LC_TIME name of the second month MON_3 LC_TIME name of the third month MON_4 LC_TIME name of the fourth month MON_5 LC_TIME name of the fifth month MON_6 LC_TIME name of the sixth month MON_7 LC_TIME name of the seventh month MON_8 LC_TIME name of the eighth month MON_9 LC_TIME name of the ninth month MON_10 LC_TIME name of the tenth month MON_11 LC_TIME name of the eleventh month MON_12 LC_TIME name of the twelfth month ABMON_1 LC_TIME abbreviated name of the first month ABMON_2 LC_TIME abbreviated name of the second month ABMON_3 LC_TIME abbreviated name of the third month ABMON_4 LC_TIME abbreviated name of the fourth month ABMON_5 LC_TIME abbreviated name of the fifth month ABMON_6 LC_TIME abbreviated name of the sixth month ABMON_7 LC_TIME abbreviated name of the seventh month ABMON_8 LC_TIME abbreviated name of the eighth month ABMON_9 LC_TIME abbreviated name of the ninth month ABMON_10 LC_TIME abbreviated name of the tenth month ABMON_11 LC_TIME abbreviated name of the eleventh month ABMON_12 LC_TIME abbreviated name of the twelfth month ERA LC_TIME era description segments ERA_D_FMT LC_TIME era date format string ERA_D_T_FMT LC_TIME era date and time format string ERA_T_FMT LC_TIME era time format string ALT_DIGITS LC_TIME alternative symbols for digits RADIXCHAR LC_NUMERIC radix character THOUSEP LC_NUMERIC separator for thousands YESEXPR LC_MESSAGES affirmative response expression NOEXPR LC_MESSAGES negative response expression YESSTR LC_MESSAGES affirmative response for yes/no queries NOSTR LC_MESSAGES negative response ro yes/no queries CRNCYSTR LC_MONETARY local currency symbol, preceded by '-' if the symbol sould appear before the value, '+' if the symbol should appear after the value, or '.' if the symbol should replace the radix character If the locale's values for p_cs_precedes and n_cs_precedes do not match, the value of nl_langinfo(CRNCYSTR) is unspecified. The <langinfo.h> header declares the following as a function: char *nl_langinfo(nl_item); Inclusion of <langinfo.h> header may also make visible all symbols from <nl_types.h>. USAGE
Wherever possible, users are advised to use functions compatible with those in the ISO C standard to access items of langinfo data. In par- ticular, the strftime(3C) function should be used to access date and time information defined in category LC_TIME. The localeconv(3C) func- tion should be used to access information corresponding to RADIXCHAR, THOUSEP, and CRNCYSTR. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Standard | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
mkmsgs(1), localeconv(3C), nl_langinfo(3C), nl_types.h(3HEAD), setlocale(3C), strftime(3C), attributes(5), standards(5) SunOS 5.10 30 Aug 2002 langinfo.h(3HEAD)