Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting List of files in a folder inclusive subfolder Post 302736887 by Yoda on Wednesday 28th of November 2012 06:03:00 AM
Old 11-28-2012
If you do not want to descend into sub directories:-
Code:
find $DIR/* -type f -prune

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Basic Q: getting list of all files of type within folder & subfolders

A painfully rudimentary UNIX question for somebody. I've been puzzling over this for the last hour but can't find the right command. I'm simply trying to get a list of all files - and their full paths - within a folder & subfolders which have extension .php and .js. That's it! No amount of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: AtomicPenguin
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How list of files apart from *.class files in certain folder

Hi Friends How to list of all files in a particular directory structure, with out listing a particular file extn. I mean to say in a folder structure I have many files ..I want to list them with out *.class files. Please help Thanks Joy (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: itsjoy2u
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to read a subfolder one by one in parent folder?

Hi friends, I am getting some trubles in folder reading. I am having 10 subfolders inside server7 folder. i wanna to read a subfolder name first and check if the foldername gets started with "http". if so , i need to read a file inside that folder. This willl continue for... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kamatchirajan
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command to view folder subfolder and its capacity

Can any one tell how to view folder and subfolder with its capacity df -k will cannot be used it shows only the parent folder while du -k will show all subfolder and files but not show the capacity and also i dont want view any files Thank you!!!! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shivu
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to Get the count fo files in each subfolder

Hi is there a command to get the count of files inside each sub directory in a directory. example: in a directory like this /opt/:> ls subdir1 subdir2 subdir3 I need to see the count of files in sub directories like this: /opt/subdir1: 3 files /opt/subdir2: 5 files /opt/subdir3: 10... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sanjangr
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Link multiple files from different subfolder to a new subfolder

Hi, I have the following subfolder with files: /data/a/1/xxx.txt /data/b/2/yyy.txt /data/c/3/zzz.txt And i have a set of new folders which have exactly the same structure as above but different disk without the files: /data_02/a/1/ /data_02/b/2/ /data_02/c/3/ Now i would like to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: total_ysf
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create subfolder within folder in one command

suppose if i am checking folder g as shown below path a/b/c/d/e/f/g ,and some directory c,d,e,f,g not present then is there anyway to create directory in one command or i need to use mkdir for everyfolder (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lalitpct
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

removing files in a given subfolder

Hello, im new to this forum and directly start with a problem... :) I have a folder structure like : /folder/01/1/oldfiles /folder/01/2/oldfiles /folder/02/1/oldfiles /folder/0x/y/oldfiles Every Month a new folder adds automaticly from the system. Now i need an idea how to search... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hugi
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in finishing a bash script for listing subfolder by size in a large folder

Greetings everyone. I have seen that you do wonders here. I have a large folder on a Ubuntu linux. Organization main folder, inside 20 000 subfolders, and inside those subolders many other like 5-6 folders and files. I am interested to create an output to a txt file under the bash... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ultimo
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Request for Shell script to move files from Subfolder to Parent folder and delete sub folder

Hi Team, I am new to shell script and there is a requirement where files should be moved from Subfolder to parent folder. Eg: parent folder --> /Interface/data/test/IN Sub folder -->/Interface/data/test/IN/Invoice20180607233338 Subfolder will be always with timestamp... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: srivarun15
6 Replies
IRSEND(1)								FSF								 IRSEND(1)

NAME
irsend - basic LIRC program to send infra-red commands SYNOPSIS
irsend [options] DIRECTIVE REMOTE CODE [CODE...] DESCRIPTION
Asks the lircd daemon to send one or more CIR (Consumer Infra-Red) commands. This is intended for remote control of electronic devices such as TV boxes, HiFi sets, etc. DIRECTIVE can be: SEND_ONCE - send CODE [CODE ...] once SEND_START - start repeating CODE SEND_STOP - stop repeating CODE LIST - list configured remote items SET_TRANSMITTERS - set transmitters NUM [NUM ...] SIMULATE - simulate IR event REMOTE is the name of a remote, as described in the lircd configuration file. CODE is the name of a remote control key of REMOTE, as it appears in the lircd configuration file. NUM is the transmitter number of the hardware device. For the LIST DIRECTIVE, REMOTE and/or CODE can be empty: LIST "" "" - list all configured remote names LIST REMOTE "" - list all codes of REMOTE LIST REMOTE CODE - list only CODE of REMOTE The SIMULATE command only works if it has been explicitly enabled in lircd. -h --help display usage summary -v --version display version -d --device use given lircd socket [/var/run/lirc/lircd] -a --address=host[:port] connect to lircd at this address -# --count=n send command n times EXAMPLES
irsend LIST DenonTuner "" irsend SEND_ONCE DenonTuner PROG-SCAN irsend SEND_ONCE OnkyoAmpli VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP irsend SEND_START OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN ; sleep 3 irsend SEND_STOP OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 3 4 irsend SIMULATE "0000000000000476 00 OK TECHNISAT_ST3004S" FILES
/etc/lirc/lircd.conf Default lircd configuration file. It should contain all the remotes, their infra-red codes and the corresponding timing and wave- form details. DIAGNOSTICS
If lircd is not running (or /var/run/lirc/lircd lacks write permissions) irsend aborts with the following diagnostics: "irsend: could not connect to socket" "irsend: Connection refused" (or "Permission denied"). SEE ALSO
The documentation for lirc is maintained as html pages. They are located under html/ in the documentation directory. lircd(8), mode2(1), smode2(1), xmode2(1), irrecord(1), irw(1), http://www.lirc.org. irsend 0.8.7pre1 May 2010 IRSEND(1)