Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Mount /app on a new DISK
Operating Systems Solaris Mount /app on a new DISK Post 302736625 by mattpunk on Tuesday 27th of November 2012 03:53:02 PM
Old 11-27-2012
how can i mount only app under different disk?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

mount disk on other machine

I have two Unix machines on the network and now one of them are running out of disk but i have alot on the other so i like to mount the disk (or a folder) from the one that has disk and mount it on the other that does not. How do i do that? Is it possible i read the "man mount" but didn't really... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sajjan2
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Vfstab on spare disk - HOW ? Mount ?

Hi, guys ! Could someone clarify one thing for me: I start machine from disk0, and want to check the /etc/vfstab on disk1. How do i do it ? Tried to write: cd / mount /dev/dsk/c0t1d0s0 /mnt But if I do cd /mnt, it is empty. I expected to see disk1 there ? Or am I wrong ? How do I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: DGoubine
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mount Second Disk

Anyone, I am trying to mount a second hard drive on a sunfire V120 w/solaris 5.8. I took this hard drive from another system because I deleted some files off that system and I want to mount it to another system so I can copy the file back onto the system. I really have no other means of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dummy101
2 Replies

4. Linux

I want to mount my disk forever

Hi guys! I've just mounted my drive in fstab: /dev/sdb /myfolder ext3 defaults 0 0 and rebooted linux. I've got severel failers during booting process and also I can't login as root first time: login: root password:root incorrect login login:user password: user ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Junior Admin
1 Replies

5. OS X (Apple)

Mount a disk elsewhere /Volumes

When a new disk is connected to a Mac/OSX, it automatically mounts on /Volumes. Is it possible to manually mount it elsewhere? For example, on "/raid"? - m66 - (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: makrell66
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

if (disk is mounted) unmount if (disk is unmounted) mount

Hey there, sorry if this is a bit too much of a noob question, trying to get to grips with a simple bash script - but i have done ZERO bash scripting. basically having worked out how to mount and unmount disks using: disktool -m *device* & disktool -e *device* - and looking at the result of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hollister
2 Replies

7. Ubuntu

Unable to mount disk

I am running Ubuntu Server, I recently added a new hard drive to the machine When I run fdisk -l I see both drives. The recently added drive is present but it's listed as extended. when I try to mount the drive it says you must specify the file system type. I can't mount this drive, I was... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: NelsonC
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Mount point expansion /app

Hi Guy's I have mount point called /app with size 10 GB from EMC SAN /dev/dsk/emcpower2g 9.6G 9.8M 9.5G 1% /app I have expanded the size from SAN level to be 20 GB But the mount point still is showing 10 GB Can anyone advice us how to can I expand the new space on /app... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: roooooot
4 Replies

9. AIX

Discovery/Mount new disk

Hi all, i must add a new disk on a LPAR. I've done all the HMC and VIOS Procedure to create a virtual host with disk and assign it to lpar. I don't remember how i must do on the lpar to see this disk. (i use lvm not veritas). Thanks in advance and sorry for my english. Bye Mario (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zio Bill
2 Replies

10. Solaris

Please help me.how to mount another disk

So. My system have 2 solaris10 machine but system disk of machine 1 data crash.I bring the system disk of machine 1 install on machine2 for get data from disk machine1 but I can't mount disk. because msg is bash-3.00# mount /dev/dsk/c1t3d0s0 /mnt mount: /dev/dsk/c1t3d0s0 is not this fstype... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: infjustice
3 Replies
MIC-LIVECD-ISO-TO-DISK(1)				      General Commands Manual					 MIC-LIVECD-ISO-TO-DISK(1)

NAME
mic-livecd-iso-to-disk - Convert a livecd image to a live USB image then write to a USB disk or partition SYNOPSIS
mic-livecd-iso-to-disk [--reset-mbr] [--noverify] [--overlay-size-mb <size>] [--home-size-mb <size>] [--unencrypted-home] <isopath> [usbstick device] <isopath> is your livecd image path name, [usbstick device] is optional, if not provided, it will detect automatically and ask you to select. DESCRIPTION
mic-livecd-iso-to-disk can convert a livecd image to a live USB image and write it to a USB disk or partition, it is different from mic- image-writer which is just a safer dd with progress bar. mic-livecd-iso-to-disk can detect all the removable USB disks and let you select one of them, if you didn't insert any USB disk, it will ask you to insert until a USB disk is available, it can decide if your USB disk need to be formated and if your USB disk has an appropriate partition for this livecd image, all the operations are interactive and have warnings f they will damage your old data on your USB disk. mic-image-manager has a GUI tool for it. OPTIONS
--reset-mbr Set MBR on your USB disk --noverify Don't verify your livecd image --overlay-size-mb Specify overlay size, the default size is 64 MB --home-size-mb Specify home size, the default is 0 EXAMPLES
Write a Molib live image to your USB disk: mic-livecd-iso-to-disk your-2.1-final.img EXIT STATUS
mic-livecd-iso-to-disk returns a zero exist status if it succeeds, otherwise return non-zero and print error message. AUTHOR
Yi Yang, Anas Nashif, Jianfeng Ding SEE ALSO
mic-image-creator(1), mic-convertor(1), mic-chroot(1), mic-image-writer(1), mic-image-manager(1) perl v5.12.3 2011-05-31 MIC-LIVECD-ISO-TO-DISK(1)