Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers UNIX find command - using multiple -name options Post 302736613 by jtmed on Tuesday 27th of November 2012 03:30:41 PM
Old 11-27-2012
Thanks. That worked.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find command with prune and exec options

Hi, I'm using the following command to get a list of files on the system. find /releases -type f -exec ls -l > /home/sebarry/list.txt '{}' \; however, its searching a directory I don't want it to search so I know I have to use prune but I don't seem to be able to get prune and exec to work... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sebarry
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

find command sort options?

Hi - are there sort options with the find command? I don't see any in man. I have a script that is looping through a set a files to be processed and I need to process them in date timestamp order. tia for file in `find ${LANDING_FILE_DIR}${BTIME_FILENAME_PATTERN1}` do.... ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mavsman
6 Replies

3. Linux

Simplified find command to find multiple file types

Hi, I'm using the following command to find the multiple requierd file types and its working fine find . -name "*.pl" -o -name "*.pm" -o -name "*.sql" -o -name "*.so" -o -name "*.sh" -o -name "*.java" -o -name "*.class" -o -name "*.jar" -o -name "*.gz" -o -name "*.Z" -type f Though... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vickramshetty
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

find command to use multiple -exec options

Hello All, Is there a way to make exec do a couple of operations on a single input from find? For example, find . -type d -exec ls -l "{}" ";" I would like to give the result of each "ls -l" in the above to a wc. Is that possible? I want to ls -l | wc -l inside exec. How do I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prasanna1157
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

grep command to find multiple strings in multiple lines in a file.

I want to search files (basically .cc files) in /xx folder and subfolders. Those files (*.cc files) must contain #include "header.h" AND x() function. I am writing it another way to make it clear, I wanna list of *.cc files that have 'header.h' & 'x()'. They must have two strings, header.h... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ritikaSharma
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix : About options of clear command ?

Hello everyone, My question is quite simple, even if I didn't find an answer. I would want a command (maybe clear with some options ?) that can do the following : clear completely the console, as it is when we start a console for the first time. My problem is that I sometimes display a lot... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ben31400
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find multiple string in one file using find command

Hi, I want find multiple string in one file using find coomand. And keeping it in one variable.grep is not working. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek1489
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Sed error - multiple number options to `s' command

Hi All, I am having two files (file1 & file2) and a filelist.txt file below. file1: $$STRINGVAR1=5 $$STRINGVAR2=10 $$LAST_UPD_DT_TBL1=12/12/2010 12:00:00 $$STRINGVAR3=100 $$LAST_UPD_DT_TBL2=01/01/2010 12:00:00... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Chandru_Raj
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Processing Multiple Arguments in Command Line Options

Hi All, I am new to scripting. Could you please assist me . Here is my requirement. I have written a script that has 2 option flags defined. -l) calls some function with the arguments passed in front of -l -r) calls second function with the arguments passed in front of -r *) calls the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jay Deshpande
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple search options in find command

Hi, I'd like find multiple file options to fetch different types of files. find /path...// -type f -name "*.log" -o -name "*.req" -o -name "*.txt" -mtime +5 -exec ls -l {} \; Where as in the above command only the last .txt files its retriving but not .log and .req files can body help... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Y.balakrishna
1 Replies
MU-BOOKMARKS(5) 						File Formats Manual						   MU-BOOKMARKS(5)

NAME
bookmarks - file with bookmarks (shortcuts) for mu search expressions DESCRIPTION
Bookmarks are named shortcuts for search queries. They allow using a convenient name for often-used queries. The bookmarks are are also visible as shortcuts in the mu experimental user interfaces, mug and mug2. mu supports bookmarks stored in a file called bookmarks in the mu home directory (typically, this would be ~/.mu/bookmarks). The bookmarks file is a typical key=value .ini-file, which is best shown by means of an example: [mu] inbox=maildir:/inbox # inbox oldhat=maildir:/archive subject:hat # archived with subject containing 'hat' The [mu] group header is required. For practical uses of bookmarks, see mu-find(1). LOCATION
The bookmarks file is read from <muhome>/bookmarks. Typically, this would be ~/.mu/bookmarks, but this can be influenced using the --muhome parameter for mu-find(1) and mug(1). AUTHOR
Dirk-Jan C. Binnema <djcb@djcbsoftware.nl> SEE ALSO
mu(1) mu-find(1) User Manuals May 2011 MU-BOOKMARKS(5)