Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: String - Segmentation Fault
Top Forums Programming String - Segmentation Fault Post 302736441 by kbw on Tuesday 27th of November 2012 09:01:03 AM
Old 11-27-2012
... and remember to free it when you're done.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

segmentation fault

hi all i'm trying to execute a c program under linux RH and it gives me segmentation fault, this program was running under unix at&t anybody kow what the problem could be? thanx in advance regards (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: omran
2 Replies

2. AIX

Segmentation fault

I am tring to install Lotus Domino/Notes 5.0.5 on a AIX 4.3.3 server. I go to run the cdrom/ibmpow/install and I get the following error. Lotus Notes for Unix Install Program --------------------------------------------- ./install: 10088 Segmentation fault This had Lotus Notes installed... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jshaulis
1 Replies

3. Programming

segmentation fault

sometimes for this code i get a segmentation fault for codes llike this : int main{ int * a= 0; int b; a = (int*)malloc(sizeof(int)); ///some code using these variable but no freeing of a if(a){ free(a); a = 0; } return... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: wojtyla
3 Replies

4. Programming

Why not a segmentation fault??

Hi, Why I don't receive a segmentation fault in the following sample. int main(void) { char buff; sprintf(buff,"Hello world"); printf("%s\n",buff); } If I define a buffer of 10 elements and I'm trying to put inside it twelve elements, Should I receive a sigsev... (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: lagigliaivan
22 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Segmentation Fault

Hi, While comparing primary key data of two tables thr bteq script I am getting this Error. This script is a shell script. *** Error: The following error was encountered on the output file. Script.sh: 3043492 Segmentation fault(coredump) Please let me know how to get through it. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: monika
5 Replies

6. Programming

segmentation fault

If I do this. Assume struct life { char *nolife; } struct life **life; // malloc initialization & everything if(life->nolife == 0) Would I get error at life->nolife if it is equal to 0. wrong accession? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: joey
3 Replies

7. Programming

Using gdb, ignore beginning segmentation fault until reproduce environment segmentation fault

I use a binary name (ie polo) it gets some parameter , so for debugging normally i do this : i wrote script for watchdog my app (polo) and check every second if it's not running then start it , the problem is , if my app , remain in state of segmentation fault for a while (ie 15 ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pooyair
6 Replies

8. Programming

Segmentation fault

I keep getting this fault on a lot of the codes I write, I'm not exactly sure why so I'd really appreciate it if someone could explain the idea to me. For example this code #include <stdio.h> main() { unsigned long a=0; unsigned long b=0; int z; { printf("Enter two... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sizzler786
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find a string across line break (because of "segmentation fault core dumped")

Hi, thanks to a precedent post, and thanks to the reply of derekludwig of the forum, I have convert my first awk command as : test.txt is : AAAAAGHIJKLAjKMEFJKLjklABCDJkLEFGHIJKL awk -f findstring.awk test.txt > textreturn.txtfindstring.awk is : BEGIN{ SLENGTH = 3 } { ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: thewizarde6
3 Replies

10. Programming

C. To segmentation fault or not to segmentation fault, that is the question.

Oddities with gcc, 2.95.3 for the AMIGA and 4.2.1 for MY current OSX 10.14.1... I am creating a basic calculator for the AMIGA ADE *NIX emulator in C as it does not have one. Below are two very condensed snippets of which I have added the results inside the each code section. IMPORTANT!... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
11 Replies
Pod::WSDL::Fault(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				     Pod::WSDL::Fault(3pm)

NAME
Pod::WSDL::Fault - Represents the WSDL pod describing the fault of a method (internal use only) SYNOPSIS
use Pod::WSDL::Fault; my $fault = new Pod::WSDL::Fault('_FAULT My::Fault This happens if something happens'); DESCRIPTION
This module is used internally by Pod::WSDL. It is unlikely that you have to interact directly with it. If that is the case, take a look at the code, it is rather simple. METHODS
new Instantiates a new Pod::WSDL::Fault. The method needs one parameter, the fault string from the pod. Please see SYNOPSIS or the section "Pod Syntax" in the description of Pod::WSDL. EXTERNAL DEPENDENCIES
[none] EXAMPLES
see Pod::WSDL BUGS
see Pod::WSDL TODO
see Pod::WSDL SEE ALSO
Pod::WSDL :-) AUTHOR
Tarek Ahmed, <bloerch -the character every email address contains- oelbsk.org> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright (C) 2006 by Tarek Ahmed This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself, either Perl version 5.8.5 or, at your option, any later version of Perl 5 you may have available. perl v5.10.1 2010-12-18 Pod::WSDL::Fault(3pm)