Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Formatting a file
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Formatting a file Post 302736395 by maverick_here on Tuesday 27th of November 2012 07:39:57 AM
Old 11-27-2012
It is working

Thank you all it works fine, One last question. When I email this file to gmail it loses its format

This is what im doing

Code:
cat file | mailx -s "Record data" xyz@gmail.com -- -r from@abc.com

Is there a way to retain the format.

Thanks in Advance

---------- Post updated at 06:09 PM ---------- Previous update was at 05:40 PM ----------

I have tried using other mail clients as mutt, the result is same. The format is not retained when I send it as an email to gmail or yahoo account

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Formatting a file

Hi All, I have been trying to format a file using sed. I can't seem to get the syntax right. I want to append the next line delemited by a comma or a comma and double quotes. Here is an example of the file I'm tring to format: Before formatting: 00324 03A0312 BRI-u24 0000324 01 H-12... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cstovall
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with formatting of file.

I have a file with following file format - DMCRH|||83000171|||14022008||0430|||8956612.23|J|||3571235|1378452|23468|6894|9234| DMCRH|||83000215|||15092007||0480|||121.33|J|||LineID003|RefNumSP003|RefNumMem003|0004|0003| What i need done is - 1. Cut the firt four digits of the date (eg 1402... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: divz
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Formatting a file.

I want to format a file to limit record length = 100, in each line. Any idea how i can do this? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abhilasha
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

File Formatting

Hi, Need to delete all the records prior to pattern (INSERT/UPDATE/DELETE). If ' is available, then need to retain it. Input ====================== l_s := ' INSERT INTO TEST' l_P PD := ' UPDATE INTO TEST' l_D := ' DELETE INTO TEST' This is test Input ======================... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saurabhbaisakhi
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

File Formatting

Hi, Need to delete all the records prior to pattern (INSERT/UPDATE/DELETE). If ' is available, then need to retain it. Input ====================== l_s := ' INSERT INTO TEST' l_P PD := ' UPDATE INTO TEST' l_D := ' DELETE INTO TEST' This is test Output ======================... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saurabhbaisakhi
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

File formatting

I need to count the number of lines between two sets of pattern in a file and delete those lines from that file e.g From jyotiv@yahoo.com test test2 test3 test4 test5 test6 From Jyotiv@yahoo.com So count lines from test to test6 and delete it from the start of file till next From... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jyotiv
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

File formatting

Hi, I have a file which contains data in this format # User@Host: abc @ Id: 0000000 # Query_time: 0.000070 Lock_time: 0.000000 Rows_sent: 1 Rows_examined: 0 SET timestamp=00000000; SELECT @@version, @@version_comment; # User@Host: abcd @ Id: 00000000 # Query_time: 0.000228 ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: arijitsaha
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

File Formatting

Hi, I have requirement to format the file.My input file tab(\t) saperated. File format is:- 93 WARNING Sat Mar 17 20:31:59 2012 Sequential_File_0,0: Missing record delimiter "\r\n", saw EOF instead 94 WARNING Sat Mar 17 20:31:59 2012 Sequential_File_0,0: Import... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: prasson_ibm
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Formatting file data to another file (control character related)

I have to write a program to read data from files and then format into another file. However, I face a strange problem related to control character that I can't understand and solve. The source file is compose of many lines with such format: T_NAME|P_NAME|P_CODE|DOCUMENT_PATH|REG_DATE ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hk6279
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Formatting data in a raw file by using another mapping file

Hi All, i have a requirement where i need to format the input RAW file ( which is CSV) by using another mapping file(also CSV file). basically i am getting feed file with dynamic headers by using mapping file (in that target field is mapped with source filed) i have to convert the raw file into... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravi4informatic
6 Replies
mailstats(8)						      System Manager's Manual						      mailstats(8)

NAME
mailstats - Displays statistics about mail traffic SYNOPSIS
mailstats [-o] [-C cffile [-f stfile] FLAGS
Do not display the name of the mailer in the output. Use cffile as the name of the sendmail "cf" file instead of /var/adm/sendmail/send- mail.cf. Use stfile as the input statistics file instead of /var/adm/sendmail/sendmail.st. DESCRIPTION
The mailstats command reads the information in the /var/adm/sendmail/sendmail.st file (or in the file specified with the -f flag), formats it, and writes it to standard output. Note also that you can change the location of the sendmail.st file by editing its pathname in the sendmail.cf file. EXAMPLES
The format of the information is shown in the following example, in which the first field (M) contains a number that indicates the position of that mailer in the sendmail.cf file, starting at 0 (zero). For example, the first mailer in the sendmail.cf file corresponds to the number 0 in the mailstats display, the second mailer corresponds to the number 1, and so on. Statistics from Thu Feb 17 11:20:01 2000 M msgsfr bytes_from msgsto bytes_to msgsrej msgsdis Mailer 1 50 77K 1 3K 0 0 local 6 43 59K 58 99K 0 0 smtp ============================================================ T 93 136K 59 102K 0 0 The fields in the report have the following meanings: Indicates the position of the mailer in the sendmail.cf file. Indicates the number of messages received by the local machine from the indicated mailer. Indicates the number of bytes in the messages received by the local machine from the indicated mailer. Indicates the number of messages sent from the local machine using the indicated mailer. Indicates the number of bytes in the messages sent from the local machine using the indicated mailer. Indicates the number of rejected messages. Indicates the number of discarded messages. Indicates the name of the mailer. If sendmail transmits mail directly to a file, such as the dead.letter file or an alias target, the message and byte counts are credited to the prog mailer, as defined in the sendmail.cf file. However, mailstats will still default to var/adm/sendmail/sendmail.st. FILES
Specifies the command path Contains system statistics Contains configuration information for sendmail RELATED INFORMATION
Commands: sendmail(8) delim off mailstats(8)