Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Simple check login script
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Simple check login script Post 302735953 by vbe on Monday 26th of November 2012 12:05:21 PM
Old 11-26-2012
Please send me an PM to reopen this thread, the condition of course is you can assure us this is no school/homework! For homework you have to post in :
Homework & Coursework Questions - The UNIX and Linux Forums
Pay attention to the special rules there...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

something simple, but i have no idea: a login issue

Hi all, I have a problem not really dramatic but realyl annoying: i've got a groups of users who logon a sunos 2.3 box via a windows telnet client (KEAI, but this is not the problem). they login as perso1 and password. It takes a very very very long time to get in. If i log on the same box... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: penguin-friend
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to calculate user's last login to check if > 90 days

I need a script to figure out if a user's last login was 90 days or older. OS=AIX 5.3, shell=Korn Here's what I have so far: ==== #!/usr/bin/ksh NOW=`lsuser -a time_last_login root | awk -F= '{ print $2 }'` (( LAST_LOGIN_TIME = 0 )) (( DIFF = $NOW - $LAST_LOGIN_TIME )) lsuser -a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pdtak
3 Replies

3. Programming

Using a script to check the login and username (html)

I made this named "confirm.sh":#/bin/sh #username and password are already given by the login form if ; then realpass=`cat /home/alex/Desktop/Myfirstsite/allpasses/$username` if ; then #continue with index.html else echo "Bad password" fi else echo "Unknown username" fi because I wanted... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hakermania
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple Script to Check running Process

#!/bin/sh CHECK='ps aux | grep start.jar | grep -v grep | wc -l' if then /usr/local/jre-1.7.0/bin/java - jar start.jar & else fi Could anybody advise whats up with this code im trying to put this in as a cron job to check that solr search engine is running every 10secs and if... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: will_123
10 Replies

5. Web Development

Simple Login page

Hi all, I am stepping into web-development as a hobby point of view. I am using WAMP server & have created the initial page & SQL set-up too. My problem is, I was able to login to a page/redirect to a page though I haven't specified my username & password. I thought of using both... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gameboy87
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Should be a simple subdirectory check

Ok. Just getting back into PERL and probably (or most definitely) making a mountain out of a mole hill. I'm trying to see if a subdirectory exists, and if not, print the slightly modified path of the missing sub to a file. Sounds simple enough. Well here is my elaborate code. Save the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: luvdairish
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help making simple perl or bash script to create a simple matrix

Hello all! This is my first post and I'm very new to programming. I would like help creating a simple perl or bash script that I will be using in my work as a junior bioinformatician. Essentially, I would like to take a tab-delimted or .csv text with 3 columns and write them to a "3D" matrix: ... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: torchij
16 Replies

8. Fedora

Simple login script in openSuSe

Hi guys, Ok so I'm basically trying to run a script on loging or after everything else has started up, I've done so much googling my head is spinning I don't understand the which file I have to edit with the details of my script, In suse there is no etc/profiles folder its daemonised so its... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: whitenight639
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

simple while loop script to check a connection

Hi, I am completely new to shell scripting. Basically I am wanting to create a simple while loop script to check if a network connection is available from 'netstat -a' and if its present then output a character to the serial port. I think i am nearly there.. but need some assistance.. this is... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: zippyzip
9 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Simple Login script

Hi Guys Im new to bash script, trying hard to learn and enjoying this process. However i'm pretty much stumped, so i will put my problems out there. In the hope someone can help me. I am trying to make a bash script that allows users of a Unix system (with little knowledge under the hood ) to be... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: willo
12 Replies
Ns_Url(3aolserver)					   AOLserver Library Procedures 					Ns_Url(3aolserver)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
Ns_AbsoluteUrl, Ns_ParseUrl, Ns_RelativeUrl, Ns_SkipUrl - URL manipulation routines SYNOPSIS
#include "ns.h" int Ns_AbsoluteUrl(Ns_DString *pds, char *url, char *baseurl) int Ns_ParseUrl(char *url, char **pprotocol, char **phost, char **pport, char **ppath, char **ptail) char * Ns_RelativeUrl(char *url, char *location) char * Ns_SkipUrl(Ns_Request *request, int n) _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
Ns_AbsoluteUrl(pds, url, baseurl) Construct an URL based on baseurl but with as many parts of the incomplete url as possible. Return NS_OK or NS_ERROR. Ns_ParseUrl(url, pprotocol, phost, pport, ppath, ptail) Parse a URL into its component parts. Pointers to the protocol, host, port, path, and "tail" (last path element) will be set by ref- erence in the passed-in pointers. The passed-in url will be modified. Ns_RelativeUrl(url, location) If the url passed in is for this server, then the initial part of the URL is stripped off. e.g., on a server whose location is http://www.foo.com, Ns_RelativeUrl of "http://www.foo.com/hello" will return "/hello". Returns a pointer to the beginning of the relative url in the passed-in url, or NULL if error. Will set errno on error. Ns_SkipUrl(request, n) Return a pointer n elements into the request's url. SEE ALSO
nsd(1), info(n) KEYWORDS
AOLserver 4.0 Ns_Url(3aolserver)