Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Shell script executing both the conditions. Post 302735929 by vbe on Monday 26th of November 2012 11:30:35 AM
Old 11-26-2012
Since the user cummulated enough Infraction point to be banned automaticaly by the system, I see no reason to leave this thread open, so I am closing it...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Shell script is not executing

Hi, I am trying to execute the below shell script: script name(ss1). ss1 was given permission - 744 before executing. name: ss1 #ss1 #usage:ss1 ls who pwd :wq I tried to execute $ss1 (Enter) Its not executing.... It says that ss1 is not found: echo $SHELL. The o/put i got is... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dreams5617
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Executing a Shell Script

I am trying to run a shell script using the ./<ScriptName> command, but the server returns an error bash: ./Script1.sh: Permission denied What variable do I need to set to avoid this? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: igandu
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Use Multiple if Conditions in Shell script

if -o ] then echo "Expected valid value" The above multiple if condition is NOT working in my script. I am getting the error as '-a' not expected. Can anyone help with the syntax for this? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dinesh1985
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

multiple if conditions and EOF in a shell script

I want to create an IF condition with multiple condition, in the statement below I want to add OR EOF, can any one please advise how to do. if } != $sample ] && ; then echo ..... fi code tags please (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: analyst
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing a shell script

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=~/tme-0.8/bus/multibus:~/tme-0.8/bus/sbus:~/tme-0.8/dist/softfloat/softfloat/bits32:~/tme-0.8/dist/softfloat/softfloat/bits64:~/tme-0.8/generic:~/tme-0.8/host/bsd:~/tme-0.8/host/gtk:~/tme-0.8/host/posix:~/tme-0.8/ic:~/tme-0.8/ic/ieee754:~/tme-0.8/ic/m68k:~/tme-0.8/ic/sparc:~/tme-0.8/... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lucky7456969
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing a shell script using sh

Platform : Solaris 10, RHEL 5.4, OEL 6 I've noticed that some of my colleagues execute scripts by typing sh before the script name sh myscript.shI always execute a script by typing the script name and typing enter provided PATH variable has . (current directory) in it myscript.sh (and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: John K
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shell script to extract data from csv file based on certain conditions

Hi Guys, I am new to shell script.I need your help to write a shell script. I need to write a shell script to extract data from a .csv file where columns are ',' separated. The file has 5 columns having values say column 1,column 2.....column 5 as below along with their valuesm.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Vivekit82
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Why we use -f while executing any shell script?

Hi All, I wanted to know why we use the '-f' option while executing script. in my case... abcd.sh -f any_evts 02 2014 abcd = Scriptname -f = dont know any_evts = Some file or string 02= month 2014 = year So in above pleas ehelp to understand here -f and other arguement like... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ajju
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use SQL Hard Code Conditions in UNIX Shell Script?

Hi All, I am trying to place one SQL query in Shell Script with Where Condition as Status='1' But after running the the script it is returning error as SQL0206N "1" is not valid in the context where it is used. SQLSTATE=42703 The query is working fine in Data Base. Please suggest... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sumanmca2006
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Executing if dynamic conditions in awk

Hi All, I got struck at the below point where i am unable to get the desired output after forming the dynamic conditions.Below is the design. 1. We are getting inputs from the shell arguments and storing in a variable like below. CONDITIONS="1=CT,2=US_10,3=CT_US_10" 2. After this i am... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: cskumar
14 Replies
PPPOE-SETUP(8)						      System Manager's Manual						    PPPOE-SETUP(8)

NAME
pppoe-setup - Shell script to configure Roaring Penguin PPPoE client SYNOPSIS
pppoe-setup DESCRIPTION
pppoe-setup is a shell script which prompts you for various pieces of information and sets up an /etc/ppp/pppoe.conf configuration script for the pppoe-start, pppoe-stop and pppoe-connect scripts. AUTHOR
pppoe-setup was written by David F. Skoll <dfs@roaringpenguin.com>. The pppoe home page is http://www.roaringpenguin.com/pppoe/. SEE ALSO
pppoe(8), pppoe-start(8), pppoe-stop(8), pppoe-connect(8), pppd(8), pppoe.conf(5), pppoe-status(8), pppoe-sniff(8), pppoe-relay(8), pppoe- server(8) 4th Berkeley Distribution 21 February 2000 PPPOE-SETUP(8)