Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat After installing redhat, my laptop boot straight to Windows 7 Post 302735227 by wingcross on Friday 23rd of November 2012 10:27:59 PM
Old 11-23-2012
hi there,
hmm, the strange part is during the installation, there is one screen it ask where i want to put the bootloader, the default option was /dev/sda but i change it and put it under /dev/sda3.

I think the grub is there, but not sure how do i get to it.
usually when installing in a dual environment, what is the best practice ? it is to put the bootloader in the /dev/sda or the /dev/sdx where the linux / is ?

thank you

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Dual boot Redhat with Windows 2k or XP

I know this is a common question, but.... I am working on 2 seperate computers. Each machine has one hdd. I want to Install Redhat with Win2k on one machine, and Redhat with Xp on the other. I know there are some issues with the install sequence to get Grub to work with both, but I am a little... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jeremiebarber
4 Replies

2. SuSE

Having a prob. installing SUSE Linux on a laptop

Hi Everyone Im just wondering if anyone knows why when you install SUSE Linux 8.0 on a NEC Versa Laptop that KDE does not fill the entire window. There is a peripheral setup that I played with both the display settings and changing the display adapter, but nothing seems to fix the problem.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: spiral
4 Replies

3. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

HELP--Redhat on WinXP laptop PROBLEM!!

Hi guys! Need some help here.....trying to install Redhat 8.0 on a laptop that is already running WinXP. Have made a partition with partition magic but when I try to install Linux it just stops at the check partition/ check hard-drive stage. It has happened on two different laptops of different... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: syrex
4 Replies

4. Tips and Tutorials

Octave --- My octuple boot laptop

As I promised in several threads, here are some notes on how I installed several Operating Systems on my laptap. I will give links to the tools that I obtained from various third parties. And I will include the source code for a few scripts that I wrote. Introduction A few months ago the disk... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Perderabo
3 Replies

5. Ubuntu

Connect 2 laptops with RJ45 cable (Ubuntu 10.10 laptop with Windows 7 laptop)

Hi to all, I have the problem that a laptops with windows XP cannot startup even in safe mode nor using last good known configuration. I have a Ubuntu 10.10 Live CD and booting from it I can read the Hard Drive. I need to do a backup the Hard Drive from XP laptop and I want to connect this... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cgkmal
5 Replies
os_type(3alleg4)						  Allegro manual						  os_type(3alleg4)

NAME
os_type - Stores the detected type of the OS. Allegro game programming library. SYNOPSIS
#include <allegro.h> extern int os_type; DESCRIPTION
Set by allegro_init() to one of the values: OSTYPE_UNKNOWN - unknown, or regular MSDOS OSTYPE_WIN3 - Windows 3.1 or earlier OSTYPE_WIN95 - Windows 95 OSTYPE_WIN98 - Windows 98 OSTYPE_WINME - Windows ME OSTYPE_WINNT - Windows NT OSTYPE_WIN2000 - Windows 2000 OSTYPE_WINXP - Windows XP OSTYPE_WIN2003 - Windows 2003 OSTYPE_WINVISTA - Windows Vista OSTYPE_OS2 - OS/2 OSTYPE_WARP - OS/2 Warp 3 OSTYPE_DOSEMU - Linux DOSEMU OSTYPE_OPENDOS - Caldera OpenDOS OSTYPE_LINUX - Linux OSTYPE_SUNOS - SunOS/Solaris OSTYPE_FREEBSD - FreeBSD OSTYPE_NETBSD - NetBSD OSTYPE_IRIX - IRIX OSTYPE_DARWIN - Darwin OSTYPE_QNX - QNX OSTYPE_UNIX - Unknown Unix variant OSTYPE_BEOS - BeOS OSTYPE_MACOS - MacOS OSTYPE_MACOSX - MacOS X SEE ALSO
allegro_init(3alleg4), os_version(3alleg4), os_multitasking(3alleg4) Allegro version 4.4.2 os_type(3alleg4)