Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Comparing the data in a 2 files Post 302734925 by i150371485 on Friday 23rd of November 2012 05:25:15 AM
Old 11-23-2012
@danielos : Thanks for the reply. . I have tried the above code and will change accroding to my requirement.it would be great if you Could explain the code ?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Comparing data list...

I have a list of files that I want to compare to another list of files, how do I do that? The first list will be my known list and hard coded, for example: mylist="janfile.tar jarfile.jar jan.rpt.Z" etc. The second list will be found by doing an 'ls' piped to a file: ls > filelist.dat ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: giannicello
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem comparing 2 files with lot of data

Hello everyone, here's the scenario I have two files, each one has around 1,300,000 lines and each line has a column (phone numbers). I have to get the phones that are in file1 but not in file2. I can get these phones trough Oracle but my boss does not want that so he gave me the files with the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rafisha
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing data in file with values in table

Hi, I want to calculate the number of pipe delimiters in a file for all lines seperately. For eg:i have a file Project.txt Mohit|chawla|123|678 File1|File2|345|767|678 And my file contains many lines like this it shd give me the output as 4 5 or give me the output for all the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mohit623
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing data inside file

Hi Everyone, I will try to explain my question please forgive my english here. I am looking for shell script or command that can compare data in the files. I have 50 files in one directory test1 test2 test3 ....so on. I want to compare data in each files with each other and output each... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: email-lalit
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script for comparing data of tables

Hi, I have two databases with same tables on different servers.I need to check the data content in each table and if something is missing, should print that. I have a tool which takes the snapshot the table structure,index so on and compares with the other server tables snapshot. Now i need... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nessj
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing the matches in two files using awk when both files have their own field separators

I've two files with data like below: file1.txt: AAA,Apples,123 BBB,Bananas,124 CCC,Carrot,125 file2.txt: Store1|AAA|123|11 Store2|BBB|124|23 Store3|CCC|125|57 Store4|DDD|126|38 So,the field separator in file1.txt is a comma and in file2.txt,it is | Now,the output should be... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asyed
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to find duplicates contents in a files by comparing other files?

Hi Guys , we have one directory ...in that directory all files will be set on each day.. files must have header ,contents ,footer.. i wants to compare the header,contents,footer ..if its same means display an error message as 'files contents same' (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Venkatesh1
7 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Comparing lines of data

Total UNIX Rookie, but I'm learning. I have columns of integer data separated by spaces, and I'm using a Mac terminal. What I want to do: 1. Compare "line 1 column 2" (x) to "line 2 column 2" (y); is y-x>=100? 2. If yes, display difference and y's line number 3. If no, increment x and y by... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: markymarkg123
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing to 3 data

# cat list.txt server1 server2 server3 server4 # data to be compared of. #dns address 1.1.1.1 2.2.2.2 3.3.3.3 #for i in `cat list.txt` do grep dns $ i done (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: invinzin21
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Comparing two files and list the difference with common first line content of both files

I have two file as given below which shows the ACL permissions of each file. I need to compare the source file with target file and list down the difference as specified below in required output. Can someone help me on this ? Source File ************* # file: /local/test_1 # owner: own #... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarathy_a35
4 Replies
bup-margin(1)						      General Commands Manual						     bup-margin(1)

NAME
bup-margin - figure out your deduplication safety margin SYNOPSIS
bup margin [options...] DESCRIPTION
bup margin iterates through all objects in your bup repository, calculating the largest number of prefix bits shared between any two entries. This number, n, identifies the longest subset of SHA-1 you could use and still encounter a collision between your object ids. For example, one system that was tested had a collection of 11 million objects (70 GB), and bup margin returned 45. That means a 46-bit hash would be sufficient to avoid all collisions among that set of objects; each object in that repository could be uniquely identified by its first 46 bits. The number of bits needed seems to increase by about 1 or 2 for every doubling of the number of objects. Since SHA-1 hashes have 160 bits, that leaves 115 bits of margin. Of course, because SHA-1 hashes are essentially random, it's theoretically possible to use many more bits with far fewer objects. If you're paranoid about the possibility of SHA-1 collisions, you can monitor your repository by running bup margin occasionally to see if you're getting dangerously close to 160 bits. OPTIONS
--predict Guess the offset into each index file where a particular object will appear, and report the maximum deviation of the correct answer from the guess. This is potentially useful for tuning an interpolation search algorithm. --ignore-midx don't use .midx files, use only .idx files. This is only really useful when used with --predict. EXAMPLE
$ bup margin Reading indexes: 100.00% (1612581/1612581), done. 40 40 matching prefix bits 1.94 bits per doubling 120 bits (61.86 doublings) remaining 4.19338e+18 times larger is possible Everyone on earth could have 625878182 data sets like yours, all in one repository, and we would expect 1 object collision. $ bup margin --predict PackIdxList: using 1 index. Reading indexes: 100.00% (1612581/1612581), done. 915 of 1612581 (0.057%) SEE ALSO
bup-midx(1), bup-save(1) BUP
Part of the bup(1) suite. AUTHORS
Avery Pennarun <apenwarr@gmail.com>. Bup unknown- bup-margin(1)