Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Delete line - Perl one liner
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Delete line - Perl one liner Post 302734913 by birei on Friday 23rd of November 2012 04:27:47 AM
Old 11-23-2012
Hi Mr.Smith,

One way:
Code:
$ cat infile
/mediawiki-1.19.0/index.php/RickJames !!add new line here!!
/mediawiki-1.19.0/index.php/Sabaton
some url
$ perl -pe 's{\A(\Q/mediawiki-1.19.0\E)}{\n$1}' infile

/mediawiki-1.19.0/index.php/RickJames !!add new line here!!

/mediawiki-1.19.0/index.php/Sabaton
some url

This User Gave Thanks to birei For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete the last line in a file using AWK or PERL

Is it possible to delete the last line in a file usin awk or perl? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: suman_jakkula
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl One Liner

Hi , Can anybody explain how this perl one liner works.. It is to test whether the number is prime or not perl -le 'print "PRIME" if (1 x shift) !~ /^(11+)\1+$/' 19 Thanks in advance Shihab (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shihabvk
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete a line in a file starting with - Perl one-liner

Hi I need a perl onliner to delete a line in a file starting with few words. Example file.txt ---------- my name is don I live in London I am woking as engineer I want to delete a line starting with 'I live in' using perl oneliner and in place edit with out temporary files Thanks... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ammu
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

delete more than one line awk or perl

Hi all! How can a file be rid of three lines in sequence like the sample below: ... </s> <s> <w></w> </s> <s> ...to get: ... </s> <s> ... Note that the digits between square brackets may be more than one, comprising a comma, or a full-stop; and that the string between brackets... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mjomba
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk/perl one-liner assist

In a ~4GB file there are lines like, 13.13.4.3 Googe.com - Jan/23/2011:00:00:00 +0000 "URL Google HTTP/1.1" 45 56 208 - "http://www.gogle.com/webhp?hl=en&tab=nw#hl=en&source=hp&biw=1366&bih=667&q=hello&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&fp=c432485467934a89" ".Net; Fox" - 13.145.3.3 Goge.com -... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gameboy87
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search & Replace regex Perl one liner to AWK one liner

Thanks for giving your time and effort to answer questions and helping newbies like me understand awk. I have a huge file, millions of lines, so perl takes quite a bit of time, I'd like to convert these perl one liners to awk. Basically I'd like all lines with ISA sandwiched between... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: verge
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing Awk with One-liner Perl

can someone help me translate the following command, from: /usr/bin/awk "/^$TOFDAYM $TOFDAYD /,0" $LOGFILE to something like perl -e ..... basically, i want to use perl to do awk functions within a shell script. i want to do the above awk, using perl. any suggestions? (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
9 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Perl one liner to replace text

Not quite a unix question but problem in a perl command. Taking a chance if someone knows about the error cat 1 a b c d perl -p -e 's/a/b/g' 1 b b c d What is the problem here?? perl -p -i -e 's/a/b/g' 1 Can't remove 1: Text file busy, skipping file. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: analyst
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

PERL one liner

hi, I am using PERL one liner for oracle database connection as : $PERL -e "use DBI; DBI->connect(qw(DBI:Oracle:SID user passwd));" is there a way to append select statement to this connection ? i.e. DB connection and select stmt in one line ? how to do sysdba connection using one lines... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: talashil
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed one liner to Delete blank lines - Help required

Hi, cat test.txt BlankLine BlankLine BlankLine BlankLine ello hi helo BlankLine BlankLine heylo BlankLine BlankLine BlankLine done BlankLine BlankLine BlankLine (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: TomG
1 Replies
UICILIBRIS(1)						      uicilibris User Manual						     UICILIBRIS(1)

NAME
uicilibris - a harvester for mediawiki contents, with LaTeX export SYNOPSIS
uicilibris uicilibris [--url=URL] DESCRIPTION
uicilibris is a harvester able to fetch contents from a mediawiki, assemble them consistently, exprt them to LaTeX format, compile the source, and deal interactively with errors. OPTIONS
--url=URL Optionnally loads the given URL (which must be in a mediawiki). When uicilibris is invoked without arguments, it enters GUI mode and accepts URLs to be dragged and dropped in its first panel tab. KNOWN BUGS
This package does not imprment a grammatical parser for mediawiki code. So it can be fooled by some particular inputs. Beware of the following: underscores in image file names should be avoided (replace them by hyphens), avoit using successive curly braces in mathemeatic formulas when these are inside mediawiki templates. Just separate consecutive braces by spaces, which does not harm for LaTeX mathematic formulas. AUTHOR
Georges Khaznadar <georgesk@ofset.org> Wrote this manpage. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2011 Georges Khaznadar Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU General Public License, Version 2 or (at your option) any later version published by the Free Software Foundation. On Debian systems, the complete text of the GNU General Public License can be found in /usr/share/common-licenses/GPL. uicilibris 08/24/2011 UICILIBRIS(1)