Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: How to read Encrypted Error?
Operating Systems Solaris How to read Encrypted Error? Post 302734785 by Yoda on Thursday 22nd of November 2012 08:16:24 PM
Old 11-22-2012
I'm not sure if this is similar error, but I found this page

Root Cause: This is an oracle problem fixed in oracle 10gR2. There may be a patch for 10gR1. The new HA-ORACLE patch also needs to be installed for the fix which includes the changes for the oracle binaries.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

executing encrypted files

Hi, Is there a way of executing encrypted files? I have encrpyted files using vi and crypt, but when I execute the encrypted file, it takes the contents literally (special characters, junk - encrpyted format). Kind Regards, Kawah (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Kawah Cheung
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

executing encrypted files

Hi, Is there a way of executing encrypted files? I have encrpyted files using vi and crypt, but when I execute the encrypted file, it takes the contents literally (special characters, junk - encrpyted format). Kind Regards, Kawah (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kawah Cheung
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

encrypted files

Hi lads me again trying to get a wee bit fancy with my scripting anyway it dosn't seem to want to run (strange as it may seem) I encrypted a file renamed it and wrote another file that unencrypts it (it contains passwords) (and b4 anyone says I am doing this for my own reasons) In a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: w33man
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to compare 2 encrypted files?

I have 2 files :- 1) f1.txt and f2.txt.Both contain some text as - 2)Now I did : output: I got them to be equal. 3) I encrypted them using gpg and with the SAME paraphrase :- 4)Now I did : #cmp f1.txt.gpg f2.txt.gpg (OR) #diff f1.txt.gpg f2.txt.gpg output: I got them to be... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nsharath
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to run an ENCRYPTED file?

Hello sir, we are able to do : But when I goto /bin or /usr/bin to see the code of "ls". I found it to be encrypted. So can u please tell me how to encrypt a code in such a way that the user can run it but cannot see the source code. example: if I have a shell script named "sample.sh" as... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nsharath
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

compile a c program in a encrypted way

Hi Guys, I wonder I had have a look to the cc compile options but I could be missing one but basically I'm compliling a c program where I will storing a command to connect to a database and also userid and password. The issue is that after the module is generated using a command like strings I... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: arizah
14 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Encrypted script not working

I've encrypted a script in rot-13. When executed, I want the script to decrypt into a temporary file then run itself, and when it's exited then delete the temporary file. so at the moment I have this: #!/bin/sh FIFO=/tmp/__scriptname_$(date +%F)_$$ rm $FIFO >/dev/null 2>/dev/null mkfifo... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Trichopterus
12 Replies

8. AIX

Bootable Encrypted Backup

Is there a utility available to make such a backup? Is this idea even possible? Thanks for the help. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rwh2011
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Can't unlock encrypted disk

I use Debian default encryption disk encryption. Only /boot it's not encrypted. When I boot I need to type my password, and then I will be logged in. But now I can't login. It always says that I typed the wrong password, but I typed the correct password. I tried to boot in live-CD and try unlock... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: zognadal
3 Replies
install-solaris(1M)                                                                                                            install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)