Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming [Solved] Removing duplicates from the file and saving as new file Post 302734709 by bala06 on Thursday 22nd of November 2012 02:24:34 PM
Old 11-22-2012
Hi

I am running as shell script & getting error as

script:

Code:
find . -type f -name "c-000_1.pdb.c.c1" | while read file
do
   test=$( test $c-000_1.pdb )
   awk '!arr[$2]++' $c-000_1.pdb.c.c1 > ${test}/tmp; cp ${test}/tmp ${c-000_1.pdb.c.c1}_new
done

"
Code:
[Balaji@localhost test]$ sh run.sh
run.sh: line 4: /tmp: Is a directory
cp: omitting directory `/tmp'
[Balaji@localhost test]$"

Kindly advice.

Many Thanks
Balaji

Last edited by Scrutinizer; 11-22-2012 at 04:18 PM.. Reason: code tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

removing duplicates from a file

i have a file with some 1000 entries it will contain entries like 1000,ram 2000,pankaj 1001,rahim 1000,ram 2532,govind 2000,pankaj 3000,venkat 2532,govind what i want is i want to extract only the distinct rows from this file so my output should contain only 1000,ram... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: trichyselva
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing duplicates in a sorted file by field.

I have data like this: It's sorted by the 2nd field (TID). envoy,90000000000000634600010001,04/11/2008,23:19:27,RB00266,0015,DETAIL,ERROR, envoy,90000000000000634600010001,04/12/2008,04:23:45,RB00266,0015,DETAIL,ERROR,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kinksville
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

removing duplicates of a pattern from a file

hey all, I need some help. I have a text file with names in it. My target is that if a particular pattern exists in that file more than once..then i want to rename all the occurences of that pattern by alternate patterns.. for e.g if i have PATTERN occuring 5 times then i want to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashisharora
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing duplicates from log file?

I have a log file with posts looking like this: -- Messages can be delivered by different systems at different times. The id number is used to sort out duplicate messages. What I need is to strip the arrival time from each post, sort posts by id number, and reattach arrival time to respective... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ilja
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing Duplicates from file

Hi Experts, Please check the following new requirement. I got data like the following in a file. FILE_HEADER 01cbbfde7898410| 3477945| home| 1 01cbc275d2c122| 3478234| WORK| 1 01cbbe4362743da| 3496386| Rich Spare| 1 01cbc275d2c122| 3478234| WORK| 1 This is pipe separated file with... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tinufarid
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

formatting a file and removing duplicates

Hi, I have a file that I want to change the format of. It is a large file in rows but I want it to be comma separated (comma then a space). The current file looks like this: HI, Joe, Bob, Jack, Jack After I would want to remove any duplicates so it would look like this: HI, Joe,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kylle345
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Removing duplicates from a file

Hi All, I am merging files coming from 2 different systems ,while doing that I am getting duplicates entries in the merged file I,01,000131,764,2,4.00 I,01,000131,765,2,4.00 I,01,000131,772,2,4.00 I,01,000131,773,2,4.00 I,01,000168,762,2,2.00 I,01,000168,763,2,2.00... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sri3001
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Grep from pattern file without removing duplicates?

I have been using grep to output whole lines using a pattern file with identifiers (fileA): fig|562.2322.peg.1 fig|562.2322.peg.3 fig|562.2322.peg.3 fig|562.2322.peg.3 fig|562.2322.peg.7 From fileB with corresponding identifiers in the second column: NODE_0 fig|562.2322.peg.1 peg ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mauve
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing duplicates from new file

i hav two files like i want to remove/delete all the duplicate lines in file2 which are viz unix,unix2,unix3 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sagar_1986
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing duplicates from new file

i hav two files like i want to remove/delete all the duplicate lines in file2 which are viz unix,unix2,unix3.I have tried previous post also,but in that complete line must be similar.In this case i have to verify first column only regardless what is the content in succeeding columns. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sagar_1986
3 Replies
PY.TEST(1)							      pytest								PY.TEST(1)

NAME
pytest - pytest usage CALLING PY.TEST THROUGH PYTHON -M PY.TEST New in version 2.0. If you use Python-2.5 or later you can invoke testing through the Python interpreter from the command line: python -m pytest [...] This is equivalent to invoking the command line script py.test [...] directly. GETTING HELP ON VERSION, OPTION NAMES, ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES py.test --version # shows where pytest was imported from py.test --funcargs # show available builtin function arguments py.test -h | --help # show help on command line and config file options STOPPING AFTER THE FIRST (OR N) FAILURES To stop the testing process after the first (N) failures: py.test -x # stop after first failure py.test --maxfail=2 # stop after two failures SPECIFYING TESTS
/ SELECTING TESTS Several test run options: py.test test_mod.py # run tests in module py.test somepath # run all tests below path py.test -k string # only run tests whose names contain a string Import 'pkg' and use its filesystem location to find and run tests: py.test --pyargs pkg # run all tests found below directory of pypkg MODIFYING PYTHON TRACEBACK PRINTING
Examples for modifying traceback printing: py.test --showlocals # show local variables in tracebacks py.test -l # show local variables (shortcut) py.test --tb=long # the default informative traceback formatting py.test --tb=native # the Python standard library formatting py.test --tb=short # a shorter traceback format py.test --tb=line # only one line per failure DROPPING TO PDB (PYTHON DEBUGGER) ON FAILURES Python comes with a builtin Python debugger called PDB. py.test allows one to drop into the PDB prompt via a command line option: py.test --pdb This will invoke the Python debugger on every failure. Often you might only want to do this for the first failing test to understand a certain failure situation: py.test -x --pdb # drop to PDB on first failure, then end test session py.test --pdb --maxfail=3 # drop to PDB for the first three failures SETTING A BREAKPOINT
/ AKA SET_TRACE() If you want to set a breakpoint and enter the pdb.set_trace() you can use a helper: import pytest def test_function(): ... pytest.set_trace() # invoke PDB debugger and tracing In previous versions you could only enter PDB tracing if you disabled capturing on the command line via py.test -s. PROFILING TEST EXECUTION DURATION
To get a list of the slowest 10 test durations: py.test --durations=10 CREATING JUNITXML FORMAT FILES
To create result files which can be read by Hudson or other Continuous integration servers, use this invocation: py.test --junitxml=path to create an XML file at path. CREATING RESULTLOG FORMAT FILES
To create plain-text machine-readable result files you can issue: py.test --resultlog=path and look at the content at the path location. Such files are used e.g. by the PyPy-test web page to show test results over several revi- sions. SENDING TEST REPORT TO POCOO PASTEBIN SERVICE
Creating a URL for each test failure: py.test --pastebin=failed This will submit test run information to a remote Paste service and provide a URL for each failure. You may select tests as usual or add for example -x if you only want to send one particular failure. Creating a URL for a whole test session log: py.test --pastebin=all Currently only pasting to the http://paste.pocoo.org service is implemented. CALLING PY.TEST FROM PYTHON CODE New in version 2.0. You can invoke py.test from Python code directly: pytest.main() this acts as if you would call "py.test" from the command line. It will not raise SystemExit but return the exitcode instead. You can pass in options and arguments: pytest.main(['x', 'mytestdir']) or pass in a string: pytest.main("-x mytestdir") You can specify additional plugins to pytest.main: # content of myinvoke.py import pytest class MyPlugin: def pytest_addoption(self, parser): raise pytest.UsageError("hi from our plugin") pytest.main(plugins=[MyPlugin()]) Running it will exit quickly: $ python myinvoke.py ERROR: hi from our plugin AUTHOR
holger krekel at merlinux eu COPYRIGHT
2011, holger krekel et alii 2.2 June 24, 2012 PY.TEST(1)