Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awk using sub , filtering textfile Post 302734377 by complex.invoke on Thursday 22nd of November 2012 02:46:19 AM
Old 11-22-2012
Code:
awk '{print $0 ~ /DDL/ && p==1 || $0 ~ /CMF/ && p==2?s"\n"$0:$0;p=0}{p=$0 ~ /CMF/?1:2}' s="====="  infile

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

formatting textfile inside ksh script using awk not working

I cannot seem to get this text file to format. Its as if the awk statement is being treated as a simple cat command. I manned awk and it was very confusing. I viewed previous posts on this board and I got the same results as with the the awk command statement shown here. Please help. ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: tekline
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

awk filtering ?

I have a Ques. Regarding awk I have few strings in a file, like.. ABC DEF_ABC GHI_ABC GHI Now I want string which has only 'ABC', not the part of any other string as it is also present in 'DEF_ABC' Output should be ABC Please guide me asap !! Thanks :b: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: varungupta
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk and sed filtering

Goo afternoon Sir'sould like to ask your help reagrding in this scenario using sed and awk. ******************************************************** Host:CDRMSAPPS1 Operating System:Linux 2.6.9-42.ELsmp Machine Type:UNIX Host Type:Client Version:5.1... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: invinzin21
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk search strings from array in textfile

I am wanting to take a list of strings and loop through a list of textfiles to find matches. Preferably with awk and parsing the search strings into an array. // Search_strings.txt tag string dummy stuff things // List of files to search in textfile1.txt textfile2.txt The... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sdf
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

filtering with awk

i have question about awk ex: input.txt 1252468812,yahoo,3.5 1252468812,hotmail,2.4 1252468819,yahoo,1.2 msn,1252468812,8.9 1252468923,gmail,12 live,1252468812,3.4 yahoo,1252468812,9.0 1252468929,msn,1.2 output.txt 1252468812,yahoo,3.5 1252468812,hotmail,2.4 msn,1252468812,8.9... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: zvtral
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

filtering a numeric value which has '%' using awk

Hello Gurus, I have a requirement where I have to filter a value from some field which has 99% or greater than '99%'.. For ex: The Date (file -- sample.csv) will be like below Field1,Field2,Field3,Field4 860440512,844284992,16155520,99% 860440512,844284992,16155520,94%... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghu.iv85
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk data filtering

I am trying to filter out some data with awk. If someone could help me that would be great. Below is my input file. Date: 10-JUN-12 12:00:00 B 0: 00 00 00 00 10 00 16 28 B 120: 00 00 00 39 53 32 86 29 Date: 10-JUN-12 12:00:10 B 0: 00 00 00 00 10 01 11 22 B 120: 00 00 00 29 23 32 16 29... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: thibodc
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Variable filtering in awk

Hello all, can you explain why this filter does not work, it prints all the lines in the file: awk -v sel="TestString" 'sel' file while these work: awk '/TestString/' file awk -v sel="TestString" '$0~sel' file Thanks!:) (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gio001
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk print in one line after reading textfile with paragraphs

Hello everybody I have a text file which has the following format: nmm "text20140601.033954text" "text" "text" "text" , ... , "text" "text" , ... , Lat 36.3247 Lon 16.0588 Depth 8 "text", ... , "text" "text", ..., CovXX 1.65 CovYY 2.32 CovZZ 1.2 "text" , ..., "text nmm ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: phaethon
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to separate sorte different characters from one textfile and copy them in a new textfile?

My first post, so don't kill me :) Say i open some textfile with some example like this. on the table are handy, bread and wine Now i know exactly what is in and i want to separate and sorted it in terminal to an existing file with another 2 existing lines in like this: table plane ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: schwatter
3 Replies
makedbm(1M)															       makedbm(1M)

NAME
makedbm - make a Network Information System database SYNOPSIS
nis_input_file] nis_output_name] nis_domain_name] nis_master_name] infile outfile database_name Remarks The Network Information Service (NIS) was formerly known as Yellow Pages (yp). Although the name has changed, the functionality of the service remains the same. DESCRIPTION
generates databases (maps) for the Network Information System (NIS) from infile. A database created by consists of two files: and A data- base contains records called dbm records composed of key-value pairs. Each line of infile is converted to a single dbm record; all characters up to the first tab or space form the key, and the remainder of the line is the value. If a value read from infile ends with the value for that record is continued onto the next line. The NIS clients must interpret the character (which means that does not treat the as if it precedes a comment). If infile is a hyphen reads standard input. always generates a special dbm record with the key whose value is the time of last modification of infile (or the current time, if infile is This value is also known as the order number of a map, and prints it for a specified NIS map (see yppoll(1M)). Another special dbm record created by has the key Its value is usually the host name retrieved by however, the option can be used to spec- ify a different value (see gethostname(2)). If the option is used, another special dbm record with the key is created. When this key exists in the NIS host.by* maps or ipnodes.by* maps and the NIS host name resolution fails, the process will query the Internet domain name server, to provide the host name resolution. Before using the option, it is recommended that the name services switch, be set to allow NIS host name resolution first. (Note that, since the process only checks hosts.by* and ipnodes.by* for the existence of the key, using the option on any other NIS map will have no effect. Also, the option should be used on both the *.byname and *.byaddr maps, not one exclusively.) If the option is used, another special dbm record created is the key. If this key exists in an NIS map, will only allow privileged pro- cesses (applications that can create reserved ports) to access the data within the map. Options recognizes the following options and command-line arguments. Create a special dbm record with the key This key, which is in the hosts.byname, hosts.byaddr, ipnodes.byname, and ipnodes.byaddr maps, allows the process to query the Internet domain name server (see named(1M)). Convert the keys of the given map to lowercase. This command option allows host name matches to work independent of character-case distinctions. Accept connections from secure NIS networks only. Create a special dbm record with the key and the value If the option is used, another special dbm record created is the key. If this key exists in an NIS map, will only allow privileged processes to access the data within the map (that is, applications that can create reserved ports). Create a special dbm record with the key and the value nis_output_name. Create a special dbm record with the key and the value nis_domain_name. Replace the value of the special dbm record whose key is with nis_master_name. Undo the database_name (that is, write the contents of database_name to the standard output) one dbm record per line. A single space sepa- rates each key from its value. EXAMPLES
Shell scripts can be written to convert ASCII files such as to the key-value form used by For example, #!/usr/bin/sh /usr/bin/awk 'BEGIN { FS = ":" } { print $1, $0 }' /etc/netgroup | makedbm - netgroup converts the file to a form that is read by to make the NIS map The keys in the database are names, and the values are the remainders of the lines in the file. AUTHOR
was developed by Sun Microsystems, Inc. SEE ALSO
domainname(1), named(1M), ypinit(1M), ypmake(1M), yppoll(1M), gethostname(2), netgroup(4), ypfiles(4). makedbm(1M)