Sponsored Content
Special Forums IP Networking Problem with Static route through peer to peer connection Post 302734339 by ImranBD on Thursday 22nd of November 2012 07:05:26 AM
Old 11-22-2012
So I have to add static route in S1 & S3 ? How can I tell S2 not to forward?Actually, I m new in unix environment. Would you please help me with command so that I can apply those in the terminal of S1 & S3.

FYI, from S3 I can only ping 192.168.100.1 not 10.10.8.48

Thanks for your reply & assistance.

Regards,

Imran

---------- Post updated at 06:05 PM ---------- Previous update was at 12:38 PM ----------

Can I use port forwarding to resolve this issue?

On S2 if I configure port forwarding like this 192.168.100.1:1443 -> 10.10.8.26:443, I will be able to access the application from S3 through https to 192.168.100.1:1443 ?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

connection reset by peer

:confused: HI, We have 2 servers ( win 2003 + sun 5.8 ) and we run a rsh from the NT to the UNIX. The program runs a shell script on the UNIX and waits for the answer in the EOF. How ever, after period of appx 2 min there is a reply "Recv failed:Connection reset by peer". while the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: eyalush
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

ssh - connection reset by peer

I use ssh to work on the server (OS X 10.4.x) remotely from home (Debian / OS X 10.5.3). If I leave my machine idle, I get disconnected after a couple of minutes. I get the following error message: Read from remote host "server name": Connection reset by peer Connection to "server name" closed.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: osxhawk
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connection reset by peer

hi i am connecting to a remote server using sftp protocol. i am using the command like "sftp USER01@122.10.12.45" then i got the error "Couldn't read packet: Connection reset by peer" please help its very urgent (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Satyak
5 Replies

4. IP Networking

connection reset by peer on freebsd

hi all. am running postgresql in a vm on debian server. i have some client programs connecting to the db. when i check the logs of postgresql i see "connection reset by peer" can someone help me with this issue... thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: coolatt
1 Replies

5. Solaris

peer-to-peer connection on solaris and windows

hi everyone. As a solaris/unix beginner, I am trying a peer-to-peer connection with my Sun and Windows. Here is my setup: -Windows XP -Sun System (Netra T1) which is connected to the console of the WinXP machine. -Windows XP has wireless connection which enables me to access internet ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: graboid888
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Connection reset by peer..closing connection

Hello I'm facing the above problem while doing a performance run. I've a script which I'm launching from my windows desktop using mozilla. The script will invoke backend action on a Solaris host which in turn feeds the records to a driver located on a linux box(Cent OS). What's happening is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: subramanyab
1 Replies

7. IP Networking

Firewall stopping Peer to Peer File sharing

I am looking for advice on a router. I am new to Linux and am trying to use Limewire and Ktorent and can make no connection. Limewire indicates I have a firewall. I have a Linksys router WRK54G and my guess is that is the problem. I have spent hours upon hours trying to get it to work using info... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Paul K
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cat: write error: Connection reset by peer

I have created a script to cat the contents of a log file and pipe it to head and tail so I can get specific lines. When I do this I sometimes randomly get the error "cat: write error: Connection reset by peer". It is completely sporatic and sometimes it doesnt happen and sometimes it does... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: atelford
4 Replies

9. Red Hat

Can't SSH - Connection reset by Peer

Hi Guys, I can't SSH to a remote system - connection reset by peer..any ideas ? -The Source is Linux, the Remote is Windows -The remote has OpenSSH running on Port 22 - Telnet confirms port is open -User1 has a RSA2 Key (2048) key, which is capture in the 1010101-pub.key specified by the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: stevie_velvet
1 Replies
VDE_L3(1)						      General Commands Manual							 VDE_L3(1)

NAME
vde_l3 - Virtual Distributed Ethernet 'Layer 3' Switch. SYNOPSIS
vde_l3 -v vde_plug:ipaddress/netmask [-v...] [-r target_network/netmask:gateway] [-G default_gw] [-M mgmt_socket] DESCRIPTION
A vde_l3 connects to one or more vde_switches, performing ip forwarding among its virtual interfaces. A new interface is created at startup for each -v option given at command line. Static routes to target networks can be defined using the -r option. vde_l3 -v /var/run/s1.ctl:192.168.0.1/24 connects to the vde sock at /var/run/s1.ctl with its virtual interface ve0, having the address 192.168.0.1 and netmask 255.255.255.0. vde_l3 -v /var/run/s1.ctl:192.168.0.1/24 -v /var/run/s2.ctl:10.0.0.254/255.255.0.0 connects to the two vde socks, with its virtual interfaces ve0 and ve1, having addressess 192.168.1.0 and 10.0.0.254 respectively. Hosts in each network can specify the vde_l3 as their gateway to reach the other one. OPTIONS
-v vde_plug:ipaddress/netmask Creates a virtual network interfaces on the vde_l3 box, with address ipaddress and netmask netmask. Please note that the netmask can be specified either in the 'classic' A.B.C.D mode, or just by giving the number of leading bits (f.e., /17 for 255.255.128.0). One can define as many interfaces as she wants. -r target_network/netmask:gateway Specify a static route through gateway to reach hosts in target_network with netmask netmask. One can define as many routes as she wants. -G default_gw Specify a default gateway, to be used whenever no static route is defined for a target host. -M mgmt_socket the unix socket where the parameters (interfaces addresses, routes, etc.) can be checked and changed runtime. unixterm(1) can be used as a remote terminal for wirefilter. NOTICE
Virtual Distributed Ethernet is not related in any way with www.vde.com ("Verband der Elektrotechnik, Elektronik und Informationstechnik" i.e. the German "Association for Electrical, Electronic & Information Technologies"). SEE ALSO
vde_switch(1), vdeq(1), unixterm(1), vde_cryptcab(1), wirefilter(1). AUTHORS
VDE_L3 is a tool by Daniele Lacamera <root@danielinux.net> VDE is a project by Renzo Davoli <renzo@cs.unibo.it> Virtual Distributed Ethernet May 7, 2007 VDE_L3(1)