Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Awk: from two file create a mail with attached error Post 302733389 by Gionfalco01 on Tuesday 20th of November 2012 10:43:06 AM
Old 11-20-2012
the script works........ problem solved !!!

many thanks

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

To send a mail with a file attached

Hi, Can anyone please tell me how to send a mail to a person in unix with a file attached. The file need to be zipped and then i want to send the mail to a person. I know that we can able to send mail from unix using the command mail mailaddress to send a mail to a person with the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: samudha
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read a file and search a value in another file create third file using AWK

Hi, I have two files with the format shown below. I need to read first field(value before comma) from file 1 and search for a record in file 2 that has the same value in the field "KEY=" and write the complete record of file 2 with corresponding field 2 of the first file in to result file. ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: King Kalyan
11 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Select some lines from a txt file and create a new file with awk

Hi there, I have a text file with several colums separated by "|;#" I need to search the file extracting all columns starting with the value of "1" or "2" saving in a separate file just the first 7 columns of each row maching the criteria, with replacement of the saparators in the nearly created... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: capnino
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to create a file using awk

Hi there to the community, i have a bash script with an awk command inside, the awk program is in a separate file cause it's a bit big. Inside the awk program i calculate a filename from some data and i want to create a new file with this name into a directory whose path is passed in awk. Etc.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: beatblaster666
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to send mail with multiple files attached?

Hi, I would like to send a mail with multiples files attached. Until now i was doing a "find" and then a "tar" of the text files. As I need to be able to read them on a mobile device such as Blackberry for instance, i would like to send them in one single mail, but without taring them. is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pierrito
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script Send Mail by Parameters avec Attached file

Hi i have a script for show the information files. ls -l how do you for to place this result in a file of text and to send it attached for e-mail. The information of the mail must be in paramentros. for example e-mail to I must write the e-mail, the subject and the motive of the mail! ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: krlos07
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh - find command with 2 actions attached and error logging

Hi there, I'm encountering problems on an AIX system when using following in my script. find . -name *.edi -type f -exec sh -c 'scp {} $user@$server:$path || exit 5; mv {} $sent || exit 7' \; the error i get is following find: 0652-018 An expression term lacks a required... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kerberos
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting the Attached File in Email

Hi All, Is there a way on how to get the attached file in email using shell script? what i'm going to do? all i can see is to send and email but to get an attached file in email i don't find it. Please advise, Thanks, (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: znesotomayor
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Splitting a text file into smaller files with awk, how to create a different name for each new file

Hello, I have some large text files that look like, putrescine Mrv1583 01041713302D 6 5 0 0 0 0 999 V2000 2.0928 -0.2063 0.0000 N 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 5.6650 0.2063 0.0000 N 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 3.5217 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
3 Replies
nqs2pbs(1B)								PBS							       nqs2pbs(1B)

NAME
nqs2pbs - convert NQS job scripts to PBS SYNOPSIS
nqs2pbs nqs_script [pbs_script] DESCRIPTION
This utility converts a existing NQS job script to work with PBS and NQS. The existing script is copied and PBS directives, #PBS , are inserted prior to each NQS directive #QSUB or #@$ , in the original script. Certain NQS date specification and options are not supported by PBS. A warning message will be displayed indicating the problem and the line of the script on which it occurred. If any unrecognizable NQS directives are encountered, an error message is displayed. The new PBS script will be deleted if any errors occur. OPERANDS
nqs_script Specifies the file name of the NQS script to convert. This file is not changed. pbs_script If specified, it is the name of the new PBS script. If not specified, the new file name is nqs_script.new . NOTES
Converting NQS date specifications to the PBS form may result in a warning message and an incompleted converted date. PBS does not support date specifications of "today", "tomorrow", or the name of the days of the week such as "Monday". If any of these are encountered in a script, the PBS specification will contain only the time portion of the NQS specification, i.e. #PBS -a hhmm[.ss]. It is suggested that you specify the execution time on the qsub command line rather than in the script. Note that PBS will interpret a time specification without a date in the following way: - If the time specified has not yet been reached, the job will become eligible to run at that time today. - If the specified time has already passed when the job is submitted, the job will become eligible to run at that time tomorrow. PBS does not support time zone identifiers. All times are taken as local time. SEE ALSO
qsub(1B) Local nqs2pbs(1B)